=C=Rail= Intermodal Tanks

Scottish Modeller

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Arran

Firstly I'am a great fan of your models but, is it possible that in the manufacture of your new stock that the join in the two halves of the tank can be off-set, i.e so that the join goes under the walkway? It only needs to be about 10mm out of true and your models would not show the unsightly join.

I hope I have explained what I mean !!

Cheers

Clive

HI Clive

The short answer is no!!!

The reason is also simple i think and this is because the two half's of the barrel are printed separately then glued together so thats not an easy proposition.

Quite allot of tanks have a seam along the top and bottom where the sheets covering the insulation meet.

Regards Arran

• 3 weeks later...

I was going through Trafford park recently and I saw a Tank that was a bit different on the back of a truck, it was a Fosters (the beer company) and the livery was that of a beer can. It was quite interesting given its cheerful livery and most are fairly plain. I dont have any photos but will try next time I see it. Any chance that you could consider making it??? I thorght it would make a unique model. Cheers, Sutty :)

• 2 weeks later...

HI All

The =C=Rail= office has been busy this week doing the corrections for the production.

The silver on the tank looks to dark "although the correct shade" as the Green in the logo looks a little lost against it,so this will be changed.

The Fosters tanks which i have seen would be an idea, but the thought of trying to get them to do that would drive me mad.

Regards Arran

post-530-0-23973400-1332446111_thumb.jpg

Archived