Guildford Gauge O Group Open Day 28 March '10

Chris Nevard

Whilst Ally Pally captured everyone's attention this weekend, there were a few smaller shows too.

Here's the Guildford Gauge O Group's big roundy roundy in action at the the group open day on Sunday 28 March 2010. Lots of 'thrash'!

Was I the only RMwebber there I wonder?

Didn't go today (too much gardening to do) but normally make the effort. Cracking building the Normandy village hall - nice to have a cup of tea, slice of cake and watch the trains. Might summon up the courage to take one of my guilty (can't believe I spent that much at one go) Heljan purchases 35 /37 / 47 from last year to the next one to test run. It always worries me that the guys seem old and for the future of the hobby. I suppose "O" is quite expensive and only really available to those older guys with more disposable income in later life - I only started to dabble in "O" a couple of years ago and then it was only the appeal of building Parkside wagons that were affordable.

Hi Chris,

thanks for the youtube clips - it was nice to see all of the old faces again. Since moving from the area six years ago, I've only bumped into the odd face at the likes of Telford. A really good bunch of lads. The new Normandy village hall is very good - I especially like the weather vane - Norman D - excellent, I have a photo of it somewhere, I'll try and find it and post it here.

regards

Mike

Country member Guildford OGG

Archived