Scaleforum 2017 Stoke Mandeville Stadium, Aylesbury - Saturday September 23rd Sunday September 24th

Waterloo

Scaleforum 2017

Stoke Mandeville Stadium,

Aylesbury

Saturday September 23rd

Sunday September 24th

Advance ticket sales https://www.scalefour.org/scaleforum/tickets

The layouts

A feature of several of the layouts on display this year is that the progress of their construction has been described on the Society’s web forum so Scaleforum will give an opportunity to see in the flesh what so far has only been seen on a computer screen. Some layouts will be substantially complete – finished even, whist others are at various stages of construction and allow the visitor to see the techniques used.

Brettell Road

by Jim Smith-Wright

Industrial byway in the West Midlands.

Clutton

by Tim Venton

Model of the station of that name station on the Great Western branch between Bristol and Frome.

Danby

by Rob Ward

The model represents Danby station on the North Eastern Railway single track Esk Valley branch line in North Yorkshire.

Dewsbury Great Northern

by Geoff Tiffany, Brian Eves and Dave Carter

Dewsbury Great Northern is based on a real location in the Yorkshire town of that name which in pre Grouping days boasted no less than four stations.

Eccleston

by Martin Nield

Eccleston is a work of fiction even though it is a real place and features the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway in all its glory.

Enigma Engineering

by Paul Gittins

A small shunting puzzle layout where visitors can try their hand at solving the problems.

Great Barfield

by David Hawkins

Great Eastern byway located on a fictitious extension to the Colne Valley and Halstead Railway in Essex.

Kettlewell

by John Stocks

A ‘what might have been’ had the 1880 Skipton and Kettlewell Railway Act been implemented and a first attempt at working to P4 standards.

Mount Woodville Works

by Rob Milliken

Mount Woodville Works is set in the mid 1960's and represents a works producing salt glazed goods and fire bricks.

Minories

by Howard Bolton

Minories is the terminus of a short branch off the East London Railway, one of a number of interesting but not well known railway byways in the city. One of the most interesting features of the layout is the fully interlocked lever frame situated at the front of the layout where its operation can be seen by the visitor.

Neversay

by Richard Lake

In the early stages of construction, Neversay is the seaside terminus of an imaginary and very eccentric coastal tramway; set somewhere in the Colonies in the mid-1950s.

Also on available will be the DRAG test track.

Show and Tell - The demonstrations

The demonstrations and help desks at Scaleforum are an essential part of what the exhibition is all about and this year we have will have a special focus on the finishing touches. Finishing off a model or a layout requires a range of different skills to those needed for building and we are delighted to welcome to Scaleforum three expert practioners of aspects of finishing.

Painting and lining

Ian Rathbone

Backscenes and dioramas

Paul Bambrick

The Weathering Service

Jack Chalkley

Getting started in P4

Mike Ainsworth

Loco construction

Steve Duckworth

Modelling the Diesel and Electric era

Tom Silsbury and Jonathan Buckie

Scratch building the APT and HST

Shane Wilton

Scratchbuilding aided by using a CNC plotter/cutter

Jonathan Hall

The Area Group Demonstration

Presented by the Wealden Area Group

The Wealden Area Group will be demonstrating various aspects of scenic modelling on the group’s new layout, Chart Sutton which features the South Eastern and Chatham Railway.

Missenden Abbey

As a change from the usual publicity stand, this year we welcome Missenden stalwarts David Brandreth and Andrew Eaton who will be demonstrating some of the techniques that are included in the courses and showing some of their personal model making.

Traders

247 Developments

Acc+Ess Protocab Limited

Alan Gibson (Workshop)

Ambis Engineering

Bill Hudson Transport Books

Branchlines

Brassmasters Scale Models

Cambrian Models

Coastal DCC

C&L Finescale Track Building Systems

Dart Castings

Dave Bradwell

David Geen Model Railway Kits

Eileen’s Emporium

Extreme Etchings/Shawplan

Gramodels

G W Models

Hedgerow Scenics

High Level Kits

Hobby Holidays

Judith Edge Kits

London Road Models

Mega Points Controllers

Model Railway Developments

Modelu – design, scan, print

Mousa Models

Neil Kinison Models

Penbits Model Railways

Phoenix Precision Paints

Prickley Pear Products

Roger Carpenter

Roxey Mouldings

RT Models

Rumney Models

Severn Models

South Eastern Finecast

Tim Horn Baseboards

Wild Swan Books

Wizard Models

https://www.scalefour.org/scaleforum/2017/

Edited by Waterloo
  • Like 6

And with those words the growing frisson of anticipation runs ever faster through the DRAG team accompanying the test track.

I'm sure I have a Gutzold one knocking around in wartime grey with a Wannentender.

There also a DB-reboilered Br.41 I could bring along.....!

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure I have a Gutzold one knocking around in wartime grey with a Wannentender.

There also a DB-reboilered Br.41 I could bring along.....!

'Thank you for your patience. All our test track circuits are busy at the moment. You are in the queue. The current waiting time for the next available test track circuit is three days'.

Edited by Captain Kernow

'Thank you for your patience. All our test track circuits are busy at the moment. You are in the queue. The current waiting time for the next available test track circuit is three days'.

In that case can I make an advance booking for a BR52 with the rigid tender.

Just to give Ivan some competition.

I might even be able to find a BR42 to go with it.

That is the Kreigsloks big brother for those not in the know.

Bernard

• Like 2

In that case can I make an advance booking for a BR52 with the rigid tender.

Just to give Ivan some competition.

I might even be able to find a BR42 to go with it.

That is the Kreigsloks big brother for those not in the know.

Bernard

I'll see your Br.52 mit Steifrahmentender, and raise you a Br.01.5 

My apologies to the OP.

The layouts look to be of great interest with some well known names attending.

The along comes an unruly pair with talk of "foreign rubbish" and Commie "foreign rubbish" at that.

Looking forward to the weekend.

Now where is that Saxon VT, DR 89 2 to a later generation.

Bernard

I don't know what would be worse for the scalefour types? That horsetans stuff is foreign or that it seems to just be ready to run taken from a box. Not sure either would interest that sort of audience really

You could indeed be pretty wrong there - I like all sorts of trains from all sorts of sources ;)

• Like 1

I don't know what would be worse for the scalefour types? That horsetans stuff is foreign or that it seems to just be ready to run taken from a box. Not sure either would interest that sort of audience really

You should have seen them run last year, to a backdrop of the East German National Anthem.....

It's ironic that you think 'Scalefour types' are narrow minded...

Where's my tin hat?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I have just noticed on the Scalefour website on the Scaleforum 2017 page that you can now down load the Show Guide in pdf.

Here is a direct link:

https://www.scalefour.org/downloads/2017/scaleforum2017guide.pdf

When you click on the link you should get a box at the bottom of the page asking if you want to save or open it.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Edited by ANT