Scaleforum 2017 Stoke Mandeville Stadium, Aylesbury - Saturday September 23rd Sunday September 24th

Waterloo

• 2 weeks later...

I can help advise but also calm everybody down!!

For some time Markits have produced P4 length axles, but they do not produce P4 wheels and when I last spoke to them nor do they intend to.

I have a set because I have found it handy to have a set of Markit wheels to assist chassis building.  I do not feel that Alan Gibson wheels survive being taken off and put back on again.  Thus, I have a set of wheels and P4 axles to build the chassis with (as the wheels are self quarter, are much more tolerant to being taken off/reused and also stainless steel, they do make this easier).  I then use the Gibson wheels at the end of the build only.

So worth buying (so do visit 247 Developments!), but perhaps not a new range of P4 wheels I am afraid.

Mark

....Are you actually saying that Markits are on the point of producing P4 wheels?

My view is that Markits will never produce P4 wheels. The casting techniques they use do not look likely to result in wheel centres that are fine enough in appearance. And you'd still have to resort to covers to hide the axle nuts.

My view is that Markits will never produce P4 wheels. The casting techniques they use do not look likely to result in wheel centres that are fine enough in appearance. And you'd still have to resort to covers to hide the axle nuts.

DC Kits in Leeds cannot help on Loco wheels, but they have stocks of the 12mm & 14mm Disc P4 wheels from Black Beetle.  Charlie

Reminder that Scaleforum 2017 is this weekend!

Stoke Mandeville Stadium,

Aylesbury,

HP21 9PP.

Saturday September 23rd:

10.30am to 5.30pm

Sunday September 24th:

10.00am to 4.30pm

Tickets £9, Members £6

You can join on the day to get the discount. Tickets are good for both days, spouse/partner admitted free.

For travel details go to https://www.scalefour.org/scaleforum/sms/directions

See you there

• Like 1

Come along to 'Enigma Engineering' and have a go.  Free Polo Mint to every entrant!  RMWebbers especially welcome.

I'm sure there will be few 'regulars' who will have minty fresh breath.

Some new locos to try out too!

And extra brakevans.

• Like 1

Come along to 'Enigma Engineering' and have a go.  Free Polo Mint to every entrant!  RMWebbers especially welcome.

I'm sure there will be few 'regulars' who will have minty fresh breath.

Some new locos to try out too!

And extra brakevans.

I will be along for a play if I can find a gap between operating Clutton and spending money :-)

Gordon A

• RMweb Gold

AhArr, Captain!  Is your 'Like' an offer to accept the Challenge?

Can't offer you a proper Yorkshire sausage as a prize though.

I am always open to the idea of passing a pleasant few moments in a bit of tranquil shunting on your splendid layout, old bean. I do recall that the last locomotive I ran on it, though, was a rather large one, namely my Ivatt 2-6-0, which I wanted to test.

I'll let you choose the motive power this time, if you like.

Oh, and by the way, don't worry about the Yorkshire sausage. I'll accept a Yorkshire latte in lieu of said gastronomic delight.

I am always open to the idea of passing a pleasant few moments in a bit of tranquil shunting on your splendid layout, old bean. I do recall that the last locomotive I ran on it, though, was a rather large one, namely my Ivatt 2-6-0, which I wanted to test.

I'll let you choose the motive power this time, if you like.

Oh, and by the way, don't worry about the Yorkshire sausage. I'll accept a Yorkshire latte in lieu of said gastronomic delight.

Nay lad, tha'll 'ave a cupacoffee like evryone else, none of this fancy skinnymockalattydoublespresso stuff.

And Gordon, operating Enigma can have a beneficial effect on your wallet.  Less time to peruse the temptations that are on offer.

• Like 1