Woolmer Green 1935-40

Jesse Sim

As promised couple of photos from the late night session from last night. 

As I said, we smashed out 11 point motors from about 12:00pm to 1:00pm and then from about 5:00pm-8:30 I beleive, absolutly killed it. 

Only 3 more left to do which I will do tonight and then its cleaning, adding the stock back and a few days of running to make sure everything runs smoothly. 

Had the sister hard at work in the evening adding in some track pins! 

post-25906-0-74512700-1522724865_thumb.jpg

Myself hard at work for once getting the switches in. 

post-25906-0-49585900-1522724978_thumb.jpg

A massive thankyou to my best mate, Mitch, who has helped me so much in the last few months, would not have been able to get where I am now without him. 

post-25906-0-40864700-1522725008_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

As promised couple of photos from the late night session from last night. 

As I said, we smashed out 11 point motors from about 12:00pm to 1:00pm and then from about 5:00pm-8:30 I beleive, absolutly killed it. 

Only 3 more left to do which I will do tonight and then its cleaning, adding the stock back and a few days of running to make sure everything runs smoothly. 

Had the sister hard at work in the evening adding in some track pins! 

attachicon.gifIMG_1017.JPG

Myself hard at work for once getting the switches in. 

attachicon.gif29942738_953738008135665_2090331829_o.jpg

A massive thankyou to my best mate, Mitch, who has helped me so much in the last few months, would not have been able to get where I am now without him. 

attachicon.gifIMG_1023.JPG

Looks like everyone's hard at it!

Looks great Jesse, I remember the additional time before kids when I could get so many things done! Now when they are 12 and 14 I still don't have the time back!

Well done though you have some great mates and friends willing to spend time to get you up and running! the Brma meeting will be great!

Looks great Jesse, I remember the additional time before kids when I could get so many things done! Now when they are 12 and 14 I still don't have the time back!

Well done though you have some great mates and friends willing to spend time to get you up and running! the Brma meeting will be great!

Please don't depress me, mine are 8 and 9 and I was holding out hope that I would be getting my life back soon. Once 13 and able to be on their own.

Richard

Am I the only one who winced at the thought of soldering bear-chested??!!!..... :O

G'Day Folks.

So normal here in Oz, you wanna try Welding bare chested, SUN burnt or What..............!!

manna

Am I the only one who winced at the thought of soldering bear-chested??!!!..... :O

To be honest I've only ever done it with a singlet on at the least, but even then I've never felt any solder flick up or anything like that. 

Perhaps that will change when I start on kit building in the net few weeks. 

Jesse, watch it though. in the middle of summer one year I was soldering something and the iron fell off the table onto my thigh (I was wearing shorts) you could say that was the most painful thing I have ever experienced :O  :nono: ..... so be careful with bear skin and a soldering iron! 

Well Saturday came and went with a flick of a switch. It was a wonderful afternoon, a couple of errors but I think that came down to my operating sills, apart form the failed cobalt in the down refuge siding, I'm buggered if I know why it failed. 

Everyone was there by about 2:15 and we had a chat, everyone was interested about the layout and how it fits into the ECML and the time period. Everyone agreed that it was an excellent idea on my part and it worked out perfectly well. Many comments on how smooth the trains run, I honestly thought it was quite rough to be honest, but I took the compliments and tried not to get a big head, but lucky I am not like that. I didn't get any photos of the first part of the running, as I was busy running trains, talking and answering questions, never the less I had no problem with that at all. 

As we stopped for some afternoon tea and coffee, I had a well deserved beer though, I took the opportunity to snap these two photos of the crowd deep in thought about the Meaning of Life. 

post-25906-0-48596400-1523234274_thumb.jpg

post-25906-0-31764900-1523234327_thumb.jpg

After I think nearly an hour of chatting away a few people left and a few stayed. 

I took the opportunity now to take some photos as I had passed on the controls to a new apprentice. Very simple operating, you pick a loco you wish to run, trace the point motors backwards and forwards flicking as you go, so the train has the right of way and off you go. 

Here we have A4 4491 'Commonwealth of Australia' on an Up express passing a O2/3 on a down semi fast goods, with a variety of Mates, family and BRMA colleagues watching on.

post-25906-0-33985500-1523234368_thumb.jpg

Here is 4491 again coming through my representation of Peasceliffe tunnel. 

post-25906-0-78646300-1523234634_thumb.jpg

Working hard round under the bridge though Brighton Junction and onwards to Grantham. 

post-25906-0-82754800-1523234718_thumb.jpg

post-25906-0-05016400-1523234785_thumb.jpg

My apologies to the blurry photos, kind of hard to get a decent photo when they are being controlled at Mallards realistic speed of that record breaking day!!!! 

I took these next two photos Sunday night, my mates and I were having a couple of Sunday-sesh wind down beers and they couldn't help themselves.

I believe, "Oi, Jesse get ya trains going" were the words that came out. Good to see everything running again smoothly without a hiccup in sight, mainly down to the fact that I wasn't the operator! 

Lovely shot of my Kit Built A2 on the up parcels.

post-25906-0-84647300-1523235294_thumb.jpg

I thought as a closing photo to this post about my wonderful weekend, why not another one of my o2/3's on a down goods coming through the tunnel heading for her cozy spot in the fiddleyard next to an 04 and C1. Lovely!

post-25906-0-45209100-1523235323_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jesse Sim
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Well Saturday came and went with a flick of a switch. It was a wonderful afternoon, a couple of errors but I think that came down to my operating sills, apart form the failed cobalt in the down refuge siding, I'm buggered if I know why it failed. 

Everyone was there by about 2:15 and we had a chat, everyone was interested about the layout and how it fits into the ECML and the time period. Everyone agreed that it was an excellent idea on my part and it worked out perfectly well. Many comments on how smooth the trains run, I honestly thought it was quite rough to be honest, but I took the compliments and tried not to get a big head, but lucky I am not like that. I didn't get any photos of the first part of the running, as I was busy running trains, talking and answering questions, never the less I had no problem with that at all. 

As we stopped for some afternoon tea and coffee, I had a well deserved beer though, I took the opportunity to snap these two photos of the crowd deep in thought about the Meaning of Life. 

attachicon.gifIMG_1053.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1055.JPG

After I think nearly an hour of chatting away a few people left and a few stayed. 

I took the opportunity now to take some photos as I had passed on the controls to a new apprentice. Very simple operating, you pick a loco you wish to run, trace the point motors backwards and forwards flicking as you go, so the train has the right of way and off you go. 

Here we have A4 4491 'Commonwealth of Australia' on an Up express passing a O2/3 on a down semi fast goods, with a variety of Mates, family and BRMA colleagues watching on.

attachicon.gifIMG_1057.JPG

Here is 4491 again coming through my representation of Peasceliffe tunnel. 

attachicon.gifIMG_1061.JPG

Working hard round under the bridge though Brighton Junction and onwards to Grantham. 

attachicon.gifIMG_1063.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1064.JPG

My apologies to the blurry photos, kind of hard to get a decent photo when they are being controlled at Mallards realistic speed of that record breaking day!!!! 

I took these next two photos Sunday night, my mates and I were having a couple of Sunday-sesh wind down beers and they couldn't help themselves.

I believe, "Oi, Jesse get ya trains going" were the words that came out. Good to see everything running again smoothly without a hiccup in sight, mainly down to the fact that I wasn't the operator! 

Lovely shot of my Kit Built A2 on the up parcels.

attachicon.gifIMG_1074.JPG

I thought as a closing photo to this post about my wonderful weekend, why not another one of my o2/3's on a down goods coming through the tunnel heading for her cozy spot in the fiddleyard next to an 04 and C1. Lovely!

attachicon.gifIMG_1076.JPG

Very nice Jesse. I couldn't come as we were on holiday in Japan last week but I look forward to a visit sooner or later.

Very nice Jesse. I couldn't come as we were on holiday in Japan last week but I look forward to a visit sooner or later.

Look John, no excuses, I'll need a letter from yourself, your travel agent and Doctors certificate just in case. I believe 100 lines of "LNER is better then GWR" will suffice. 

• Like 2

Looks like a great day Jesse, BRMA is good for catching up with people. Here in Melbourne the meetings are getting a bit big at times... we seem to be averaging 20 at the moment with a top attendance of I think 32! it makes home meetings a bit close. The most i have had at my place was 24. They are great way of keeping in contact with different people and the conventions being nation wide. I see Rodney made it, I had a good chat to him in Melbourne...

Your layout would be a great one to see if I did make it up to the sydney convention... let alone meeting "Sir"! 

• RMweb Premium

Now, time for testing, vballasting and scenery...shouldn't take too long.

Looks like you had a good time.

No lottery win this week but fingers and toes crossed we will win and we will be back!

Thanks for the offer of a bed as well.

Baz

Well back into the normal run of things, I decided its about time to add the protection siding in on the down line on the south side. I had this in already, however, when I went to add the LMS buffer stops I accidentally destroyed it. I ordered another buffer stop, a GNR type one now, which is shorter and will work better on the curve in the track, et voila, the tracks back in with the buffer stop sides started. 

post-25906-0-88100500-1523401479_thumb.jpg

Lovely! Lovely!

post-25906-0-65614200-1523401519_thumb.jpg

I also made a start on some scenic work; the road that winds down the side of the railway, connecting the two bridges together. 

post-25906-0-01644200-1523401671_thumb.jpg

post-25906-0-68585400-1523401706_thumb.jpg

I also made a start on my very first Whitemetal Kit, a Wizards model NE perishables van. 

post-25906-0-32708800-1523401578_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Well back into the normal run of things, I decided its about time to add the protection siding in on the down line on the south side. I had this in already, however, when I went to add the LMS buffer stops I accidentally destroyed it. I ordered another buffer stop, a GNR type one now, which is shorter and will work better on the curve in the track, et voila, the tracks back in with the buffer stop sides started. 

attachicon.gifIMG_1090.JPG

Lovely! Lovely!

attachicon.gifIMG_1091.JPG

I also made a start on some scenic work; the road that winds down the side of the railway, connecting the two bridges together. 

attachicon.gifIMG_1081.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1082.JPG

I also made a start on my very first Whitemetal Kit, a Wizards model NE perishables van. 

attachicon.gifIMG_1094.JPG

Like the Australian Standard hammer to gauge the distance from the track to the bridge pier...

Like the Australian Standard hammer to gauge the distance from the track to the bridge pier...

No No haha! 

Its just to hold the buffer sides on to the track, otherwise I'd be permanently attached to my layout. 

• Like 1

Nothing to post as of yet, currently building a couple of kits and small scenic work and little odd jobs on the layout. 

Will post some photos in the coming days to show the progress. 

ALL SCENIC MIGHT I ADD, NO WIRING, THANK GOD!!!!!!