Woolmer Green 1935-40

Jesse Sim

G'Day Folks

Jessie,  I fractured a bone in my foot back in 2015, and had to wear a 'Moonboot', after a couple of weeks, I was rushed back to work, it wasn't healed, but after struggling at work, ( I was a maintenance man in a Old folks home) Far to much walking, I ended up getting a Blood clot in my leg, so if you get any pains in your leg, see your Dr. Pronto, I had to take Blood thinners for Three months. It still hurts in cold weather.

Good luck with your modelling and trip.

manna

• Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks

Jessie,  I fractured a bone in my foot back in 2015, and had to wear a 'Moonboot', after a couple of weeks, I was rushed back to work, it wasn't healed, but after struggling at work, ( I was a maintenance man in a Old folks home) Far to much walking, I ended up getting a Blood clot in my leg, so if you get any pains in your leg, see your Dr. Pronto, I had to take Blood thinners for Three months. It still hurts in cold weather.

Good luck with your modelling and trip.

manna

Thanks Manna, I’ve been on blood thinners since the surgery, still have a few days on them, I see the doc on Wednesday. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 09/11/2019 at 13:37, Jesse Sim said:

I have indeed heard of Gavin, he’s building a GNR terminus at the moment isn’t he? Without a fiddleyard though.....

Hi Jesse

The terminus does have storage loops at the other end, but these are incorporated with a loco depot to give the storage loop operator something more to do.

Andrew

• Informative/Useful 1

11 hours ago, gr.king said:

If you make it to Warley you can't possibly consider a mobility scooter until you've firstly asked Jonathan about borrowing one of his many damaged wheelbarrows. He did offer to send a brochure when my wife's ankle was damaged last year......

11 hours ago, jwealleans said:

Wait wait, he was being serious? 

who’s going to push me around all weekend then? 

11 hours ago, Tony Wright said:

Well Jesse,

It works just fine on Little Bytham................

1421022247_JesseSimcompleteC201.jpg.58ba385117ac9c39c1e55fc617982722.jpg

1709975527_JesseSimcompleteC202.jpg.722f869ba4c635e52fdf937b240def80.jpg

It's got an electrically-dead set of frames, so DCC should present no problems.

See you next week. Safe flight.

Regards,

Tony. 

Holy hell Tony, she’s a beaut! 

Tony, words of thankyou are just not enough.....I thought you said it wouldn’t be completed by the time of my visit, I hope you haven’t dropped everything to finish in it? I would have happily waited, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. Can’t wait to see it in the flesh, with Geoff Haynes painting it, it will be the star of Brighton Junction and such a keep sake for many years to come. You are a dear friend Tony, if I look back years ago when I was just a kid, I’d never have thought I’d be such good friends with you and many others, it is a privilege and an honour to have a locomotive built by you. As I said, words of thank you are not enough, I feel like a little kid. 

I see the Doctor in a few hours, will know for certain if I am allowed to fly, fingers crossed! 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

6 hours ago, Jesse Sim said:

Holy hell Tony, she’s a beaut! 

Tony, words of thankyou are just not enough.....I thought you said it wouldn’t be completed by the time of my visit, I hope you haven’t dropped everything to finish in it? I would have happily waited, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. Can’t wait to see it in the flesh, with Geoff Haynes painting it, it will be the star of Brighton Junction and such a keep sake for many years to come. You are a dear friend Tony, if I look back years ago when I was just a kid, I’d never have thought I’d be such good friends with you and many others, it is a privilege and an honour to have a locomotive built by you. As I said, words of thank you are not enough, I feel like a little kid. 

I see the Doctor in a few hours, will know for certain if I am allowed to fly, fingers crossed! 

You're far too effusive, Jesse, but thanks all the same. 

Friendship only works if it's mutual, and personal (what's a Facebook friend, because some have thousands?). It's something to be treasured, as I treasure my friendship with you, and all the other wonderful mates I have the privilege of knowing.

I didn't 'drop' everything to finish it (after all, it went to Australia with Mo and me last year in its part-built state), just got on with doing something I should have done much earlier.

Best of luck at the doc's - sorry, I should have read all the following posts. See you next week! 

Regards,

Tony. 

Edited by Tony Wright
to clarify a point

11 minutes ago, Tony Wright said:

You're far too effusive, Jesse, but thanks all the same. 

Friendship only works if it's mutual, and personal (what's a Facebook friend, because some have thousands?). It's something to be treasured, as I treasure my friendship with you, and all the other wonderful mates I have the privilege of knowing.

I didn't 'drop' everything to finish it (after all, it went to Australia with Mo and me last year in its part-built state), just got on with doing something I should have done much earlier.

Best of luck at the doc's - sorry, I should have read all the following posts. See you next week! 

Regards,

Tony. 

Effusive that’s a word I haven’t heard before, I did google it....

Again thanks Tony, see you soon. 

Jesse 

17 minutes ago, Jesse Sim said:

Effusive that’s a word I haven’t heard before, I did google it....

Again thanks Tony, see you soon. 

Jesse 

Mo said you'd need a dictionary whenever I write anything, Jesse. It's because I'm a literary 'snob'.

See you on Tuesday. 

Regards,

Tony. 

The idea of what is a friend is a big issue as Jesse points out there are hundreds of people on Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social media as friends. The personal interactions which this hobby creates is what I call a friendship. Yes I have met Tony and Jesse but the BRMA convention where both were at the time really showed what friendship this hobby creates! There are people at these and exhibitions that are good friends from all over the world and country ( Australia is a big place!)  our association BRMA shows what good comes of the friendly group. 

This is a issue for so many in professional circles who won't pick up a phone to resolve an issue but will be keyboard warriors. Our teenagers are the most connected but isolated as this personal interaction doesn't take place. The same thing happens with all ages though! The importance of the face to face groups in addition to this style of conversation is very important to reduce mental health issues. 

• Agree 4

8 hours ago, Jesse Sim said:

Look pleadingly at one of the (real) women at the show. Or ask if Jonathan has one of those motorized builder's barrows.

Good to know you're able to attend.

23 minutes ago, gr.king said:

Look pleadingly at one of the (real) women at the show. Or ask if Jonathan has one of those motorized builder's barrows.

Good to know you're able to attend.

I couldn’t ask that, I’d probably have something thrown at me if I did....

I get the moon boot taken off on Sunday surprisingly, but a mobility scooter will still be on the table, two days of walking around on my feet will hurt come Monday. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, DougN said:

The idea of what is a friend is a big issue as Jesse points out there are hundreds of people on Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social media as friends. The personal interactions which this hobby creates is what I call a friendship. Yes I have met Tony and Jesse but the BRMA convention where both were at the time really showed what friendship this hobby creates! There are people at these and exhibitions that are good friends from all over the world and country ( Australia is a big place!)  our association BRMA shows what good comes of the friendly group. 

This is a issue for so many in professional circles who won't pick up a phone to resolve an issue but will be keyboard warriors. Our teenagers are the most connected but isolated as this personal interaction doesn't take place. The same thing happens with all ages though! The importance of the face to face groups in addition to this style of conversation is very important to reduce mental health issues. 

I totally agree, without social media I wouldn’t know most of you guys. But then again I am told that I have an old soul, I think that helps me, I can balance between that and the social media life. 

plus the fact I couldn’t give two sh*ts of what people think of me, it’s easy that way, I am who I am. 

Edited by Jesse Sim
  • Like 4
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, Tony Wright said:

Mo said you'd need a dictionary whenever I write anything, Jesse. It's because I'm a literary 'snob'.

See you on Tuesday. 

Regards,

Tony. 

I think Mo is right! I can read and write it’s a start, not going to lie since knowing you Tony my speaking and all round English writing has become much betterer! As well as my modelling. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Barry O said:

Great news Jesse... book assistance at the airporr mate.. gets you out of the place a lot quicker.

Baz

Yes, and waving to everyone like Lord Muck as you whizz past to the front of the queue is fun.

• Agree 1

Jesse

Have a great trip and time at Warley. Hope the ankle is getting better.

Say hello to Tony and Mo for me when you stay with them.

I had originally hoped to go to UK this month myself for Spalding and Warley but it didn't work out. Maybe next year after we've hosted the BRMA Convention in Adelaide.

Andrew

Edited by Woodcock29
Added comment
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 13/11/2019 at 11:37, Jesse Sim said:

Is the girlfriend not going?!

• Funny 1