Woolmer Green 1935-40

Jesse Sim

• RMweb Gold

Nice drizabone Jesse. I used to wear one of those in my biking days kept me a lot dryer than belstaffs that's for sure. I wonder what happened to it. Lost in the mists of time I guess.

Regards Lez.

9 hours ago, lezz01 said:

Nice drizabone Jesse. I used to wear one of those in my biking days kept me a lot dryer than belstaffs that's for sure. I wonder what happened to it. Lost in the mists of time I guess.

Regards Lez.

Yeah me old man gave me that one, he used to wear it on his Harley for years. 

it’s about 30 years old I reckon, always wear it when it rains, someone laughed at me once when I went up the pub, he was absolutely soaked, I took it off was literally dry as a bone, his laugh went away pretty quickly. 

• Like 6
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

My dear old dad put me on to them. He used to wear one on his Vincent Black Prince combo. It was one of those big egg shaped fully enclosed sidecars that looked like a caravan. Mum and me in the sidecar and dad driving is my first memory of transport. The sidecar wasn't all that waterproof and if it was really belting it down he would stay drier than me and mum. When I got to motorcycle age I bought a set of Belstaffs mainly because my mates had them but I never rated them. Dad said why not get one of those Aussie coat things he used to have and as luck would have it my girlfriend of the time was a Kiwi and she got her mum to send one over for me. It was so much cheaper than buying it from the UK even with postage and so much better than anything on the market MC wet wear wise in the eighties. I love them. I really can't remember what I've done with it. I gave all my bike stuff to my boy when I gave it up after a stroke I'll give him a ring tonight and see if he still has it.

Regards Lez.    

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Aussie weather is deffo playing with y’all at the moment.   Are you wondering what comes next... after the water, a plague of frogs?

We’ve also had storms and floods this weekend, seems like the climate is getting increasingly restless everywhere.

seriously, hope you guys are keeping your spirits up.

Edited by Chamby
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Thankfully no damage has occurred, the water did sit at the bottom of the legs, but they are all Dina bolted in, so if they do start to rot away, which I doubt will happen, I can add supports to the legs. By the end of the week I’ll be back in the room modelling away. My family friend who’s a landscaper and who I do Saturday work for is popping over tomorrow and we are ganna have a look at putting in a dish drain so no water can go into the train room. 

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Jesse Sim said:

the legs, but they are all Dina bolted in

Dina, Dina, show us your legs...

(especially for Barry O and others who used to enjoy singing rugby songs in the good old pre-PC days).

• Funny 4

Well with the number of Chinese in Melbourne he could get the corona virus... then again I have heard that the local communities are not going out! The local Chinese community that enhabits box hill  has been conspicuously absent! Melbourne has even had restaurants go belly up because they are all staying home! 

Though i think St Enodoc prefers his carona with a lemon or lime slice! 

Hi to all the guys in Oz.....

Been reading your postings and can I add please  my best wishes to all who have been grappling with the conditions lately.....hope the situation settles soon for all.

As a young 'bubber' I used to live in Greycliffe Street, Queenscliff, Manly and can just recall ash falling into the area from bushfires brought in on a northwest wind, but nothing as horrible as you guys have been contending with recently.

All the best matey...

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, DougN said:

Well with the number of Chinese in Melbourne he could get the corona virus... then again I have heard that the local communities are not going out! The local Chinese community that enhabits box hill  has been conspicuously absent! Melbourne has even had restaurants go belly up because they are all staying home! 

Though i think St Enodoc prefers his carona with a lemon or lime slice! 

Oi! I don't drink Corona, thank you very much!

• Funny 3