Woolmer Green 1935-40

Jesse Sim

It's designed that way Jesse... they want you to end up buys alsorts of stuff you didn't need... though I did purchase a battery powered mixer for mixing drinks... I cut off the circular bit and bent the shaft to become a great paint stirrer for humbrol tins. Total cost about 3 dollars!

• Informative/Useful 1

54 minutes ago, DougN said:

It's designed that way Jesse... they want you to end up buys alsorts of stuff you didn't need... though I did purchase a battery powered mixer for mixing drinks... I cut off the circular bit and bent the shaft to become a great paint stirrer for humbrol tins. Total cost about 3 dollars!

That must have been why I had three workers chasing me saying “Sir have you seen our latest....” 

• RMweb Premium

Yes believe it or not my friend there are people who go to IKEA to eat Swedish Meatballs and not buy furniture!

I know it is hard to understand.

• Agree 6
  • Funny 2

57 minutes ago, jwealleans said:

My wife won't take me to IKEA any more, after I walked all the way round the Gateshead one the wrong way. 

Did you realise after or you did it knowing full well what you were doing? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jesse Sim said:

That must have been why I had three workers chasing me saying “Sir have you seen our latest....” 

That's because they were following you to get out.... they had been in there for a month!.... 

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

There are shortcuts in Ikea that the staff use... very useful when you discover them.  Usually two partitions with a staggered overlap so you can walk between them, but you don’t see them unless you are looking for them ;)

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

There was me learning about Ikea, as I have still to venture into one, and he goes and puts a video of his train set on....you would think this is a model railway forum. :dontknow:

I know right, everyone stop talking about trains on my ikea thread 

• Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Jesse Sim said:

I’ll leave this here....

That is all going to look mighty impressive when all the scenics are done with that variety of trains passing through. 

It is pretty damn impressive now too I should say.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Bogie said:

That is all going to look mighty impressive when all the scenics are done with that variety of trains passing through. 

It is pretty damn impressive now too I should say.

1 hour ago, St Enodoc said:

Very nice Jesse. I like the parcels train. Time for some signals soon...

Thanks heaps, signals are on the to do list 

• Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Tony Wright said:

Super-smooth running, Jesse,

Thanks for showing us. 

Did I see the J10 working? If so, well done in making it go so well.

Regards,

Tony. 

Thanks Tony, amazing what happens when you clean the track and loco wheels....

Indeed you did, only a short clip, as I need to alter the pick ups as she doesn’t like the complex point work on the Down lines. Easy fix, just need the motivation to do it, I’ve turned my attention to the J6 kit, which will feature hopefully on here next week. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Dare I say quarter turn on carpet tiles does avoid the long lines problem.. ( that is each tile is turned 90 degrees so lines are broken at each tile)  actually thinking about it it has en a while since I ended up with carpet tiles so I must be due to receive a box or 3. It happens every 10 years or so. I had 1000m2 worth years ago. I said to friends about it and they all helped get rid of the boot load I had. That was from an old Autobahn I was stripping for a new officeworks! 

Nahh looking great there Jesse. I hope you weren't drinking just because of all the isolation stuff at the momen... you don't have to say if ... uhummm ... you could incriminate yourself. 

4 hours ago, DougN said:

Dare I say quarter turn on carpet tiles does avoid the long lines problem.. ( that is each tile is turned 90 degrees so lines are broken at each tile)  actually thinking about it it has en a while since I ended up with carpet tiles so I must be due to receive a box or 3. It happens every 10 years or so. I had 1000m2 worth years ago. I said to friends about it and they all helped get rid of the boot load I had. That was from an old Autobahn I was stripping for a new officeworks! 

Nahh looking great there Jesse. I hope you weren't drinking just because of all the isolation stuff at the momen... you don't have to say if ... uhummm ... you could incriminate yourself. 

I am totally confused Doug, what are you trying to say? 

have you been drinking? Haha

• Funny 2