Woolmer Green 1935-40

Jesse Sim

2 hours ago, gr.king said:

Interesting cylinders, slidebars and crosshead. Clearly not V3 or K3. What are you using?

47 minutes ago, micklner said:

Looks like a LMS Crab ?

I wouldn’t have a clue, Tony gave them to me. 

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, Tony Wright said:

I don't have a clue where they came from, either.

Like lots of stuff, they were in my spares' box.

Regards,

Tony. 

I am definitely not complaining, they work fine so and look the part. Thanks again for them 

• Thanks 1

Good evening Jesse. 

First time poster on your thread, but we did exchange facebook comments on your video from last week on the brm group. 

Thoroughly enjoying your thread and the development of Brighton Junction, its proving to be very inspirational! Looking forward to seeing its further development! 

Kieran

Well now, I thought I’d better explain the photos from earlier today.....

I decided to cut the scenic section of the layout back by about 2ft and finish the scene behind the road bridge. I’ve down this for a few reasons;

1. I was having trouble with the tight radius curve points on the entrance to the fiddleyard at this end

2. The ballasting I done between the bridges needed re-doing 

3. Between the bridges was kind of a dead section, it was awkward and it didn’t fit into the landscape properly 

4. Anytime I took photos or videos I always started it finished them at the start of this bridge

So as you all seen yesterday, well earlier today for you lot, I ripped up that small section and have now completely redesigned the entrance to the fiddleyard at this end. There are now some nice curves and only half the amount of curved points, where they are employed it’s more of a gentle curve then tight. It also means that four kick back sidings on the Up lines are now through roads. 

The back scene will be set up on a curve which will hopefully trick the eye into thinking that the layout is longer which still gives me plenty of room to do some scenery down this end but not to much.  

Not bad for a day’s work, tracks laid, just needs nailing down, 3 point motors are already in, ready to crack on some more. 

B032414F-665A-4E13-8C7A-7619FD3BB2D2.jpeg

6D1470BF-3E9E-4241-A263-1FE6FE4884A5.jpeg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, gr.king said:

Toohey's new? 

Pale watery beer for girls. Real men would drink Toohey's Old, or better still something out of a proper cask..........;)

1 hour ago, DougN said:

Hang on you mean a cask of wine.... or chateau de cardboard here n Australia! :) 

46 minutes ago, jwealleans said:

Exactly right.  So where do you think they send all that New beer they can't sell to the iron men of Grimsburg?

The three of you shut those dirty dirty mouths of yours....

Tooheys NEW is the drink of NSW

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1