Woolmer Green 1935-40

Jesse Sim

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, richard i said:

Your obviously not married and have kids. My wife and kids ensure my wallet stays light. Tennis lesson, tutoring and shoes. Children seriously go through shoes at a ridiculous rate. 
richard

Let them run bare foot, good for character building.

Tutoring......with mum and dad as teachers?

22 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Tutoring......with mum and dad as teachers?

Don’t get me started. In a formal setting where your paid to do it, they would trust you, but doing it for free at home, all that belief you know what you are doing vanishes.

richard

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, Jesse Sim said:

I’m not married, nor have kids, I bloody well hope not....

Famous last words!  A school friend said that, now has 4 children and 3 grandchildren!  And still a very light wallet!

Roja

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

Couple more kits completed today for BJ, NB twins and a NER G2 van. Disregard the horrible paint job as they’ve only been given their first coat. I also painted the roof on the DS NER perishables van. 

9C4AEEF5-C1D7-4D1C-AA4E-D45A0FF0CBCB.jpeg

• Like 13

Another successful afternoon in the train room, I installed the motor into the nucast J6, just need a DCC chip. 

I also lettered and numbered the J10 and the Parkside GW banana van

B9D5A184-9A8F-42C5-B7F0-86E4C8837E24.jpeg.8cd23e7d7d907b1f96c860d97d1cfa29.jpeg

Lettered and numbered a NE wagon, this is for a friend, first time doing BR transfers....

I also lettered, numbered and added handrail knobs to O2, this was started by Tony Wright when he visited in 2018 and it will be finished by me. Still need to add the middle wheel in the tender. 

146F139E-A109-43A9-9C0D-D592E2574E9F.jpeg.4ee0cce6fb5a9426a2d8cdf8bf6b746b.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

1 hour ago, Jesse Sim said:

Another successful afternoon in the train room, I installed the motor into the nucast J6, just need a DCC chip. 

I also lettered and numbered the J10 and the Parkside GW banana van

B9D5A184-9A8F-42C5-B7F0-86E4C8837E24.jpeg.8cd23e7d7d907b1f96c860d97d1cfa29.jpeg

Lettered and numbered a NE wagon, this is for a friend, first time doing BR transfers....

I also lettered, numbered and added handrail knobs to O2, this was started by Tony Wright when he visited in 2018 and it will be finished by me. Still need to add the middle wheel in the tender. 

146F139E-A109-43A9-9C0D-D592E2574E9F.jpeg.4ee0cce6fb5a9426a2d8cdf8bf6b746b.jpeg

Cab Numbers on the O2 should be inline with the centre of the  Tender Letters. Nice work.

59 minutes ago, micklner said:

Cab Numbers on the O2 should be inline with the centre of the  Tender Letters. Nice work.

I thought so, I was going off a photo I have, but perhaps the angle of the photograph made it look different. 

• Like 3

The C2 arrived today from Tony, she’s a beaut!!!! Here she is taken from my iPhone with a bit of editing to bring it out, I’ll have to get some good ones with my camera, thanks again Tony! 

4EC6EDB1-6B7B-4A7C-8B6F-5469D68EDABB.jpeg

Edited by Jesse Sim
  • Like 19

Jesse looks great, even better that Tony now trusts the postal services to actually get things all the way out here! Looks like you have some really good progress happening... I think you need a better acronym than BJ as it might confuse people looking for something other than a model railway....:D... 

• Funny 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/08/2020 at 23:41, Jesse Sim said:

Some tinkering this afternoon with wagons, I finished the NE 2 plank wagon (see Tony’s thread), added some barrels to an open wagon and sheeted two wagons that said barrels were originally in. 

99FEEC75-D3F0-4C38-99B3-74E33C46657D.jpeg.e87b7343ca4b076dbc4a3cfd9adf8e7c.jpeg

030CD066-D4B2-4FE2-8C6F-95622BF4AAE9.jpeg.c4e6b9936131ef6e2ae89e704742877c.jpeg

Great stuff Jesse!

Love the NE wagon with the load of barrels. Reminds me I need to fill up my open wagons with something other than Coal...

Where did you get the tarps for the other two opens?

3 hours ago, Sharky said:

Great stuff Jesse!

Love the NE wagon with the load of barrels. Reminds me I need to fill up my open wagons with something other than Coal...

Where did you get the tarps for the other two opens?

Thanks mate, the tarps are from the Smiths range, those were my last two of the originals.....

I placed a dozen on a grey piece of paper and photo copied a few dozen more....

• Like 2

The K2 is now in the paint shop, seen here with her first coat of primer. Not looking forward to the lining but I’m sure I’ll be able to do an alright job.

737A3A78-B062-4343-BD4B-EACB72D44DB3.jpeg.112df285b35ebcc52639a63ea04a4e84.jpeg

Ive also been working on the Dolphin wagon for the BRM article, almost finished, just finishing of some detail and some weathering.

E6EB56A5-D185-4401-B0F9-CAE11E1DE22F.jpeg.0f6746f5ef1f420243c87d754675c055.jpeg

• Like 7

Jesse how are you planning to do the lining? I ask as I have been thinking about buying a Bob Moore lining pen... but have yet to put the order in. One of the local guys has one and says it I is the only way I should go. 

• Thanks 1

Yes, however this is some one I have known for a long time and it was the first time the discussion had come up regarding lining. He said he had tried a number of techniques but the lining pen was the best. He only purchased his after using a test one at the gauge O guild exhibition. He found it so good he bought one on the spot. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have one. It is ok but messy to clean up. I bought a new Kern draftsmans pen and it works fine for me but it truly is horses for courses

2064304887_exLMD1904ABCKCrimsonandcream.JPG.87df38ed4915579f4e615d259faa0ee8.JPG

sorry for deviating the thread Jesse

Baz

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Jesse Sim said:

I was Honestly just thinking of using the transfers....

Good starting point I think.

I think that makes sense. If you do end up buying a lining pen or similar, start off with something simple like a coach with straight lines and (more or less) flat sides to get the hang of it.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

I think that makes sense. If you do end up buying a lining pen or similar, start off with something simple like a coach with straight lines and (more or less) flat sides to get the hang of it.

That was my thinking, great minds think alike aye ;) 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Use transfers , bowpens are not for first time efforts. Get used to running the lines first in transfers.

Try a bowpen on a scrap body first. Bob Moore pen is good when they work , mine suffers from constant blocking.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1