Woolmer Green 1935-40

Jesse Sim

So I’ve been counting bricks recently instead of sheep, so I decided to do something different in my spare time this morning. 

I had a spare Great Eastern tender that I took from a B17, swapped it for a Group standard one, so I decided to make it into a sludge wagon. I have two London Road Models GNR tenders to go along side them. 

Here it is after adding buffers to the other end and a coat of paint and staining with white paint. I might dull it down a bit thought, I think it’s too white. 

F2503D62-51A1-4B0C-950D-DDBEA975CBAC.jpeg

77B0EC9B-634A-4415-B556-982EFCEBAB7D.jpeg

1FA3046E-2F06-47C9-826B-58815FBC624A.jpeg

• Like 4

Jesse, you don't have another one of those tenders as I am chasing a replacement to one that suffered an accident. Infact I only want the gear below the running plate? 

It is hard to find them just by themselves! 

7 hours ago, DougN said:

Jesse, you don't have another one of those tenders as I am chasing a replacement to one that suffered an accident. Infact I only want the gear below the running plate? 

It is hard to find them just by themselves! 

I don’t unfortunetly, I was going to sell it......

but woke up this morning with the urge to try something different. 

Sorry mate. 

On 20/02/2019 at 20:16, calvin Streeting said:

very nice :)

On 20/02/2019 at 20:36, TrevorP1 said:

I like that cutting Jesse. I can imagine 'being there'.

Many thanks, I look at it now and go wow, it's actually coming together. 

• Like 2

Looking good there Jesse.
Foam certainly looks good, can see why it's so popular to use.
The bridge looks right a home in the cutting there as well!

Just hoping it was a 5 plank or J72 that was thrown at you. :mocking_mini:

• Like 1

On 18/02/2019 at 17:52, Jesse Sim said:

A small teaser of what I’ve been up to

3E13E39C-4F25-497C-A740-45936870B45D.jpeg

Hi Jesse,

All looking very good. Could you tell me where you got the pair of semi-detached houses,(the white ones  with grey roofs right at the front of the board).? I grew up for the first thirteen years of my life in an identical house and would love a model!

Cheers from WA,

Peter C.

1 hour ago, 45568 said:

Hi Jesse,

All looking very good. Could you tell me where you got the pair of semi-detached houses,(the white ones  with grey roofs right at the front of the board).? I grew up for the first thirteen years of my life in an identical house and would love a model!

Cheers from WA,

Peter C.

Hey mate, I think they are Bachman, but, if you’d like, I have a couple here I won’t be using, I could sell them to you, cheap as chips if you want? Not ganna use them. 

6 hours ago, Jesse Sim said:

Hey mate, I think they are Bachman, but, if you’d like, I have a couple here I won’t be using, I could sell them to you, cheap as chips if you want? Not ganna use them. 

Sounds great Jesse, I'll pm in a sec!

Cheers,

Peter C.

Looks like butter wouldn't melt in Matilda's mouth..... no doubt she has a bit of mischievous streak though... the crazy beagle has his moments but he is slowing down a little at the age of 6years... he has decided that hot air balloons and any fire works  are against his laws... birds are tasty if caught. (So far birds 0 beagle 3) and who said beagles can't fly... I have seen him jump up to about 160cm! From a standing start! 

It is great she she will be a constant companion for years. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DougN said:

Looks like butter wouldn't melt in Matilda's mouth..... no doubt she has a bit of mischievous streak though... the crazy beagle has his moments but he is slowing down a little at the age of 6years... he has decided that hot air balloons and any fire works  are against his laws... birds are tasty if caught. (So far birds 0 beagle 3) and who said beagles can't fly... I have seen him jump up to about 160cm! From a standing start! 

It is great she she will be a constant companion for years. 

Yeah our older English Staffy goes for birds and blue tongues when she can. 

Shes not as fussed anymore, more of a off and let me sleep . 

Excellent day at Forestville exhibition, I was demonstrating at the BRMA section with many of this Parish. I always got to operate Charles Rudders Uley Junction a couple of times, a GWR O Guage layout. 

I used the ‘Demonstrating time’ for kit built wagons that need painting for Brighton Junction. These were a mix between Wizards Models white metal, Parkside plastic and a ABS models white metal hopper wagon. Got a fair decent done and am very happy with the results. 

I also was gifted a Mailcoach LNER Coronarion kit, however it’s missing the Kitchen/Third twin, if anyone has one or knows where to get the two articulated coaches I need, please let me know, I am happy to pay. 

6D689E71-2043-4E6C-9615-279C57522009.jpeg

• Like 5