Woolmer Green 1935-40

Jesse Sim

NOTE: Pages 1-54 are my old layout Brighton Junction. From Page 55 onwards is the new layout ‘Woolmer Green’. 

Hi all, 

After changing accounts i decided to start a new layout thread. It is still Brighton Junction just a new thread!!!

After working out how to post better, regarding images, i will be more diligent with this thread and a lot less lazy. 

I laid the last bit of track work last night, ill give the room a tidy up and take some well deserved pictures. 

So stay tuned,

Jesse 

To keep everyone happy (COUGH LNER4479 COUGH)  here are some pictures i posted a while ago on the old thread. 

here we have the North portles with ECML on the right and the Nottingham lines on the left 

post-25906-0-42142100-1502148862_thumb.jpg 

The curves heading south into Brighton Junction's loops. 

post-25906-0-34062900-1502149240_thumb.jpg

A helicopter view of the Junction looking south. 

post-25906-0-58702500-1502149346_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jesse Sim
  • Like 9

Here is the reason i have been so busy the last month....

Spent some money on my old car getting ready for the All Holden day last weekend. So now that has passed its back to modelling! 

A few pictures perhaps of my car:

post-25906-0-75944300-1502149611_thumb.jpg

post-25906-0-22895200-1502149661_thumb.jpg

And a picture of the family!

In order from left to right:

Dads, Mums, mine and my Uncles. Truly a Holden family! 

post-25906-0-91080300-1502149793_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jesse,

Good to see you refreshed on here

Junction looks good - as do the motors!

Has the CCE been sneaking over to Oz as that track laying looks very Granthamish. I do feel slightly embarrased about the tidyness of your excellent layout room......and those cars , in that wetaher as I sit here whilst it pi##s down outside in sunny (not) 36E)

Pity it is LNER though............ :nono:  :triniti:  :sarcastichand:

Looking vforward to seeing developments.

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Here is the reason i have been so busy the last month....

Spent some money on my old car getting ready for the All Holden day last weekend. So now that has passed its back to modelling! 

A few pictures perhaps of my car:

attachicon.gifIMG_3689.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3690.JPG

And a picture of the family!

In order from left to right:

Dads, Mums, mine and my Uncles. Truly a Holden family! 

attachicon.gifIMG_3693.JPG

Nice rego.

• Like 1

Hi Jesse,

Good to see you refreshed on here

Junction looks good - as do the motors!

Thanks Graham, cheers for help with the track work. 

I had to cut and bend a single slip, i just mimicked your work from the last ones and it turned out very very well. Very pleased with myself. 

• Like 1

Has the CCE been sneaking over to Oz as that track laying looks very Granthamish. I do feel slightly embarrased about the tidyness of your excellent layout room......and those cars , in that wetaher as I sit here whilst it pi##s down outside in sunny (not) 36E)

Pity it is LNER though............ :nono:  :triniti:  :sarcastichand:

Looking vforward to seeing developments.

Phil

Graham has been a fantastic help, with everything and anything. 

I already had LNER stock, but seeing Grantham in BRM a few years ago really done it for me and inspired me to build the layout. Graham has been an excellent help to me, as well as the rest of the team. I liked the idea of using Peco trackwork, as its cheap, easy to build and looks quite good, even if it isn't prototypical, (some may disagree). After a second visit to the Uk and the chance to see, help and operate Grantham i decided to go ahead with it. Graham cut up the Junction slips and points in order to be used for the proper permanent way, The rest of the layout that needed cutting and shortening i tackled myself. 

Well we have only had about 5 days rain max in the last 3 months....going to be a hot summer! 

As promised, PICTURES, PICTURES,PICTURES!  :locomotive:

After a quick tidy up last night, here is the progress so far. 

A view south, with a good look at the Junction. We have in order from left to right: Up siding (yet to be laid), Up goods loop, Up Branch loop, Up Main line, the Down main line, the down goods loop, the down Branch loop and a down siding (yet to be laid). Although through lines only, there is some lovely operating that can be achieved. 

post-25906-0-21196800-1502232199_thumb.jpg

Looking south again, round the curves heading towards Grantham. 

post-25906-0-21190000-1502232822_thumb.jpg

Looking out of the not yet built signal box, the signal man will have an excellent view of up and down trains. 

post-25906-0-68903100-1502232897_thumb.jpg

Two helicopter veiws of the layout looking North.

post-25906-0-90614700-1502233000_thumb.jpg

post-25906-0-31372400-1502233025_thumb.jpg

My latest loco added to the fleet is this B2 courtesy of Tony Wright, this is the second locomotive I have brought from Tony, but it is all for a good cause. 

post-25906-0-63086500-1502233378_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jesse Sim
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Its funny how people still ask me

"why 96" 

I reply, trying to stay calm, its my birth year

I guessed that - my other thought was that it might be how fast the ute goes in miles per hour...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

As promised, PICTURES, PICTURES,PICTURES!  :locomotive:

After a quick tidy up last night, here is the progress so far. 

A view south, with a good look at the Junction. We have in order from left to right: Up siding (yet to be laid), Up goods loop, Up Branch loop, Up Main line, the Down main line, the down goods loop, the down Branch loop and a down siding (yet to be laid). Although through lines only, there is some lovely operating that can be achieved. 

attachicon.gifIMG_3747.JPG

Looking south again, round the curves heading towards Grantham. 

attachicon.gifIMG_3748.JPG

Looking out of the not yet built signal box, the signal man will have an excellent view of up and down trains. 

attachicon.gifIMG_3749.JPG

Two helicopter veiws of the layout looking North.

attachicon.gifIMG_3750.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3751.JPG

My latest loco added to the fleet is this B2 courtesy of Tony Wright, this is the second locomotive I have brought from Tony, but it is all for a good cause. 

attachicon.gifIMG_3739.JPG

Looking good Jesse - won't be long now until you're ready to host a BRMA meeting...

TRACK WORK IS OFFICALLY FINISHED!!!!

So after about 12 months, track laying is finially finished. 

Here we are looking north at the start of the goods loops. Graham (LNER 4479) had helped me with cutting the Peco pointwork, so when it was assembled it had the proper permanent way measurements. Graham did most of the Junction pointwork, however the single slip in view was cut and also bent so it is on a slight curve, which matches up perfectly due to the non-existent curves on my layout. Pleading modelers licence! 

post-25906-0-57651700-1502832798_thumb.jpg

Looking down the straight. We have down line loops on the left, the down and up lines and then the up loops on the right. 

post-25906-0-69346900-1502832940_thumb.jpg

Looking South from the bridge, gives a nice view of the complex Junction. The ECML will be situated in a cutting, with the land falling south. 

post-25906-0-94249000-1502833087_thumb.jpg

A less glamorous view as point motor and wiring is underway. 

post-25906-0-70969000-1502833172_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jesse Sim
  • Like 13

Yo Jesse - Looking great!

Glad to see that you've added add the 'protection' sidings for the various connections to running lines, even if they are effectively just blanks. Very prototypical and British-looking in style.

Just one little comment, if I may? Are you going to add individual sleepers (with the chairs cut off) underneath your track joins before you ballast. Will improve the appearance still further.

Looking forward to seeing trains running :sungum:

• Like 1

Yo Jesse - Looking great!

Glad to see that you've added add the 'protection' sidings for the various connections to running lines, even if they are effectively just blanks. Very prototypical and British-looking in style.

Just one little comment, if I may? Are you going to add individual sleepers (with the chairs cut off) underneath your track joins before you ballast. Will improve the appearance still further.

Looking forward to seeing trains running :sungum:

G'day Graham, 

Thanks, i think it does make it look very British. 

I will be adding them in yes. Makes it look so much better!!!

• Like 1