Woolmer Green 1935-40

Jesse Sim

GNR signal box underway, interior needs building and painting then I put the roof on and paint her up. 

Nice little laser cut kit, simple, easy to put together and only 20$, AUD that is. 

What were the paint schemes for the LNER?

I know signs were blue, but station canopy's were green and cream? Not sure for other buildings though. 

attachicon.gifIMG_15251.JPG

Where is the kit from Jesse, somewhere in Oz??

Cheers,

Peter C.

Andrew in Adelaide (Woodcock29) is a good first point of contact in these parts for all matters LNER.

Jesse

I would have referred you to the site that lezz01 has on the post after John's.

My modelling period is about 1934 to 1939 so realistically I should have used a lot of the older colours but as I like the green/cream/stone scheme, introduced in the late 30s, I have painted a lot of my buildings/structures in those colours.

Looking forward to meeting you at the Convention at the end of Sept.

Andrew

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I must apologise for not being active, I was running our family buisness alone for the majority of July as my parents were on holiday, no time for modelling or to even scratch my back side. However, I am now on holiday myself, as of two weeks ago.

Just about to hit the sack after a lovely weekend at Tony and Mo Wright’s place having been very privileged to be a part of the Little Bytham LNER weekend team.

Was such a lovely couple of days, seeing people I have not seen since Warley 2016, it was good to see you all again gents. I am deeply fortunate to call these exceptional modellers friends and cannot wait until next time.

I’ll post some photos when I return home.

All the best

Apologies for being inactive

Jesse

• Like 2

Well I must say what an awesome experience it has been to be a part of the team that pre-dated Tony Wright’s Little Bytham, a truely awesome experience. Thank you to Tony and Mo for the accomodation as always truely blessed. Thank you to Jonathan, Graeme, Roy and Graham for putting up with me and allowing me to tag along and be a part of running your excellent stock. My part was a small amount of filming, with only my A4 ‘4491’ being the non Grantham stock, which ran beautifully despite being DCC.

It was such a lovely weekend, I cannot wait until I see you all again.

post-25906-0-01356500-1534193313_thumb.png

Today was spent helping Tony with putting all the 1958 stock back on the rails, which I had no problem with at all.

Apart from the couple of swear words from the both of us, everything went on the rails rather quickly.

post-25906-0-69543800-1534193337_thumb.jpeg

post-25906-0-77816800-1534193361_thumb.jpeg

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, a very productive last couple of days. Finished off the supports for hills, and then the chicken wire as the base before adding the plaster bandage on.

post-25906-0-45022300-1536820481_thumb.jpeg

post-25906-0-01192000-1536820503_thumb.jpeg

post-25906-0-35015100-1536820524_thumb.jpeg

Plaster all finished last night, with a small teaser on the outcome.

post-25906-0-94167500-1536820543_thumb.jpeg

Then today, my mate had half a day, so he came round and introduced me to a new idea, spray on expanda foam so I decided to trial it out in the small gap between the edge of the layout, around the pub and the road way.

post-25906-0-93460300-1536820579_thumb.jpeg

Have to say, I think it will turn out rather well.

post-25906-0-94315900-1536820595_thumb.jpeg

Need to go to Bunnings and get a few more cans though!

• Like 9

Well, the weekend was very busy indeed, apart from the Motorcycle riding I got some work done on the layout.

The expanda foam, worked very well, I walked in Saturday morning and swore blind it looked like the elephants foot at Chernobyl. After some cutting down this is the result, not to just fill in a few holes, sand it down, a small amount of plaster bandage and she’s finished!

post-25906-0-83298600-1537095301_thumb.jpeg

The left side was also finished off with plaster bandage, taking care to add the natural drainage, where water will sit, worked perfectly, also the road down to the coal merchant worked perfectly also.

post-25906-0-74251700-1537095313_thumb.jpeg

post-25906-0-48139300-1537095325_thumb.jpeg

Now all that’s left is some painting and some cleaning up. Tony Wright is staying with me in less then two weeks one and he has agreed to take some photos for me, so still a few bits to do to make it look presentable. This week will be focussed on getting my presentation ready for the upcoming BRMA convention. I will be demonstrating the alterations you can make of the Peco pointwork to make it the correct permanent way, which I learnt from Graham Nicholas of the Grantham team. Plus a little motivational talk included on how I have accomplished most of the railway work by myself on my layout- at only 22. Plenty to do and less time to do it in.

Jesse

• Like 4

Jesse

I’d be interested to see the alterations you have made to Peco pointwork. Have you posted your work anywhere?

Stephen

Hi mate,

if you go back through my thread you can see pictures, otherwise have a look on Grantham the Strealiner years thread. Graham who built that layout is  a dear friend and he showed me how to do it in the first place. 

there were two magazine articles showing how to cut the points. 

• 3 weeks later...

Jesse, just had a browse through the thread! Very jealous of your space, the layout looks fantastic - the Holden doesn't look too bad either.

Looking forward to seeing some updates! 

Hi Jesse,

I see Mr W is spelling your name incorrectly.

The extension is a good move.  You will not regret it.  I did it.  My trains grew from 5 coaches to now 8-9 coaches.  Looks so much better.

Can you tell me where you got your chest of drawers that is sitting under the layout in the last two photos.  I am in Regional Vic and have checked furniture stores and come up with nothing.

The next thing is to make one myself.  Photo is from a few years ago.

Thanks

Mark

post-7319-0-76049900-1539158381_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Jesse,

I see Mr W is spelling your name incorrectly.

The extension is a good move.  You will not regret it.  I did it.  My trains grew from 5 coaches to now 8-9 coaches.  Looks so much better.

Can you tell me where you got your chest of drawers that is sitting under the layout in the last two photos.  I am in Regional Vic and have checked furniture stores and come up with nothing.

The next thing is to make one myself.  Photo is from a few years ago.

Thanks

Mark

attachicon.gifP2110846.JPG

Hey Mark

that was made for me, with the purpose for model railway stock, made by a carpenter/cabinet maker friend. 

Well a couple of weekends ago I was asked to do a talk on my modification of the Peco Code 100 track at the BRMA (British Railway Modelling in Australia) convention. What a fabulous weekend it was, catching up with friends and meeting so many new people. 

The talk went fine and the crossover I altered worked perfectly also! 

post-25906-0-11313900-1539227135.jpg

I also had The Man, The Myth, The Legend, Tony Wright and his loveley wife Mo stay with me. We took some photos of the layout, Tony helped me with my 02/2 conversion and tinkered with a few locomtoives that were playing up, thankyou ever so much. I also had the opportunity to take Tony and Mo down to Thirlmere, New South Wales' NRM practically. 

post-25906-0-41738000-1539226702_thumb.jpg

post-25906-0-41231500-1539227028_thumb.jpg

I had the idea of the extension at the beginning of the year, after talking with Tony we both agreed it was much needed, so last weekend my good mates James and Mitchell helped me get the new sliding door in and the new baseboards around the roller door side, all the timber work is about 75% completed with only the lift up section, which will be tackled tonight, to go. Happy days. 

post-25906-0-95670200-1539227205_thumb.jpg

post-25906-0-07767000-1539227502_thumb.jpg

More updates soon! 

• Like 7

Respect on the extension my friend!!

I know the deep intake of breath before you make the first cut!!!

If it enables you to run longer trains, it is definitely the way to go!

Whose is the four wheel drive through the door? Looks hard!!!

Keep up the great work, I await further developments.

Chris.