2 minutes ago, Barry O said:

I have one to complete. Going to use a Mitsumi motor and a high level models gearbox. Quieter, smaller and a lot cheaper than other combinations. Look on his webpages as he gives a lot of help deciding gear ratios, size of gearbox (you can then easily  check if the gearbox chosen will fit). I think I can get it into the firebox.

I may start that after finishing some weathering and fettling some kit built DMUs . I yave finished the J11 tender. The boiler material isn't the best but it needs finishing.

Baz

Thanks for that. My J11 is complete, painted, weathered etc so I’m hoping to fit a combo that doesn’t involve cutting into the body. Knowing our respective rate of modelling yours will be Probably be finished before mine. Progress with J10 is incredibly slow and I don’t like to have too many projects on the go at the same time so the J11 will have to wait a bit longer. I’ve ordered some transfers but our local sorting office has had an outbreak of COVID so deliveries are sporadic.

i can’t seem to locate a 4mm scale drawing of the J11.

Thanks ROBERT

• Like 1

There's a very good drawing of the J11 in Model Railway Constructor January 1970.

On the subject of the J11, does anybody know who does an etched chassis for one?

If they will play ball, rather than only supplying a full kit as and when they might have any stock, Gibson's?

Or, even if the detailed appearance of the frames isn't right and a bit of trimming might be needed in order to suit the different body, what about a Comet J39 chassis. Very similar wheelbase I seem to remember......

• Thanks 1