Woolmer Green 1935-40

Jesse Sim

4 minutes ago, jwealleans said:

I honestly can't remember - my mother has a photo of it before it was taken down which mentions where it was.  It was a great deal higher originally.

Tsk tsk tsk tsk, not prototypical, shame! 

Hello Jesse

I called on BRMA Member David Lord up at Ourimbah on the Central Coast on my way back to Adelaide from the Gold Coast yesterday. 

He still has quite a number of Yeadons that you might be interested in as well as an almost full set of RCTS LNER Greenies in case you haven't got those.  You can more or less name your own price.

Regards

Andrew Emmett

Edited by Woodcock29
Removed an error
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Woodcock29 said:

Hello Jesse

I called on BRMA Member David Lord up at Ourimbah on the Central Coast on my way back to Adelaide from the Gold Coast yesterday. 

He still has quite a number of Yeadons that you might be interested in as well as an almost full set of RCTS LNER Greenies in case you haven't got those.  You can more or less name your own price.

Regards

Andrew Emmett

Hi Andrew, dear lord, I totally forgot, how can I get in contact with him? 

Thanks mate

jesse 

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Jesse Sim said:

Hi Andrew, dear lord, I totally forgot, how can I get in contact with him? 

Thanks mate

jesse 

Email and phone will be in the BRMA membership list or you might get him through BRMA Forum.

Also Jesse, as David Lord is the Archive Officer for BRMA, his contact details are at the top of page 2 in The Clearing House.

And also further down page 2 as Central Coast Area Rep.

Andrew

Edited by Woodcock29
Additional paragraph added.
  • Agree 1

Well, a couple of hours in the railway room went well on Sunday, little bit of wiring, little bit of swearing, you know...the usual.

The SEF J39 is running under its own power, few kits have been started, a Cambrian Models sturgeon should be here soon, I can then crack on with making a Dolphin wagon out of it...busy busy busy. Then a start on the Mailcoach Coronaton kit.........

Stay tuned.

• Like 5

I was having problems with a certain slip in the middle of the layout recently, so I ripped it out to replace it, however, I noticed it was pointless having it, any services coming from the Nottingham lines would go straight on to the ECML. So instead I added a crossover, here it is, finally painted after some test running, I’ll post a photo later on without all the muck everywhere so you can get a better idea. 

F9CA9808-988D-4BB6-A7FB-4E1C9FF625FA.jpeg.a405e8de20c63360579b8b6a4532c7d7.jpeg

also, finished off some weathering and a renumber last night on an 04. This is a Bachmann model, the original number being ‘3547’, however that is a Thompson era number, too late for my desired 1935-40 time scale. 

7466572D-CDFD-479C-847A-AEEB5992DE9F.jpeg.910288e3cc246fd831bb2a68f5de4675.jpeg

• Like 9

Bit of work on the fiddleyard UP kick back sidings this afternoon, point motors next to be added. The coal train is 32 Wagons long, there are two lines the same length that run along the side of the layout, the remainder go into the scenic section by about a foot. That leaves 12 sidings for the UP and 12 sidings for the DOWN lines, all very similar in lengths, perfect! 

20EAA477-29FF-4D7B-91CA-E1471088F8C3.jpeg

DF59015A-C006-42C0-9998-F72AB7E9BF9A.jpeg

• Like 14

• 3 weeks later...

Mucking around with the camera today, I have taken a few shots....more to come.

Here we have a heavily weathered O4 waiting for the clear to cross onto the ECML heading south, Racing South and holding up the O4 is a A4 '4491' with an express. 

ROD NOTTINGHAM COAL WITH A4 2.jpg

• Like 15

3 hours ago, Jesse Sim said:

Well here goes, the LNER have come into some money in the late 1930's and have decided on hiring a photographer for the day in a small section of the ECML called Brighton Junction.......

The said photographer, who shall not be named due to putting himself in danger to get this beautiful shot of a C1 coming on to the ECML with a Nottingham-Grantham passenger. 

2022962851_C1NOTT-ECML.JPG.55c472aef51f65df39a77b633d14dbc5.JPG

Humble offerings down in the cutting, an O2 heads North with an express goods and a J11 heading south with a mixed goods. 

361868159_02J11.JPG.ef3a3704419d2db1ef4d571e924b3151.JPG

After a quick chat with the signalman, the photographer tries to get a quick photo of a J15 on an UP stopping goods but is interrupted by a K3 romping through with a fully fitted freight. 

1837253894_K3J15.JPG.a776166efaa366686cb7600a5b515a85.JPG

Having now moved to a safer part of the railway he snaps this shot of a (should be grubby) J11 thats pulled into the Northbound passing loop with a stopping goods, as a coal train rolls south on the UP lines. 

2064330629_J11GOODSCOALBEHIND.JPG.86d5ec9e502ea5980e13f5e6c0c8d9ce.JPG

The reason behind why the J11 was moved to the loop is now known, as a C1 comes thundering through with the Queen of Scots Pullman. The photographer is obviously well known and not penniless as he snaps another shot of the C1 with his other camera facing the other way and his well taught assistance has captured her entering Peascliffe Tunnel. What a TREAT! 

122348773_C1QOS1.JPG.e8a0499ecedcaac36ed82b7ffd77182c.JPG

237347279_C1QOS2.JPG.64f5463ef8d53e072cb6f08a9a4b2df0.JPG

1864342750_C1QOS3.JPG.9e45b325f2254656196bfa3b2b1b5ecb.JPG

With the J11 still in the loop some more action happens at the top of the tunnel. A2 'CITY OF NEWCASTLE' blasts out with an UP parcels train, whilst a humble D16  breaks away from the ECML and heads towards Nottingham with a secondary passenger. 

1852714420_A1D16.JPG.abe167d50024b12fada0ef35ceceeae5.JPG

Mr Photographer and assistant are about to pack her up and head to the pub but decided a nice and clean B17 on an express would look well in there photo album.

147782366_B17EXPRESS.JPG.248a88a65dbc1312a16dbe5e75edb685.JPG

"Oh alright one more" Mr Photographer says to the assistant as he hears a very distinctive whistle. 

A grubby O4 on a coal train isnt the best sight to take a photo but the whistle of an A4 is enough to set back up and snap this beast coming out of the tunnel and racing south, all while a mixed goods has taken the road to Nottingham. 

71493927_BETTERVERSIONOFA4O2O4.JPG.ff90c981d80b52cebbe6e8fcf7a93188.JPG

Great stuff!

Well done.

Regards,

Tony. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Jesse,

I’ve just read your thread through from the beginning. Fantastic stuff! I particularly love the junction with its complicated crossings and slips - I’d love to see a video of a long mineral train snaking through there.

I was also rather taken with the lcut signal box. I’ve been looking at that for a while, but seeing your example has prompted to go ahead and buy one.

Keep up the good work.

Andy

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 22/09/2019 at 19:30, thegreenhowards said:

Jesse,

I’ve just read your thread through from the beginning. Fantastic stuff! I particularly love the junction with its complicated crossings and slips - I’d love to see a video of a long mineral train snaking through there.

I was also rather taken with the lcut signal box. I’ve been looking at that for a while, but seeing your example has prompted to go ahead and buy one.

Keep up the good work.

Andy

Many thanks Andy, 

as soon as the layouts cleaned up I’ll take a video for you. I’m keen to see it myself actually. 

Its a very good and easy kit to put together. 

11 hours ago, Woodcock29 said:

Hi Jesse

Are you coming down to Canberra tomorrow for the BRMA Convention?

Andrew Emmett

Hi Andrew, no I’m not unfortunately, I’m working all weekend.

Have to save for the trip to the UK  in November. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

6 hours ago, Earl Bathurst said:

Are you attending Warley in November?

Indeed I am, I’ll be there both days, because what’s the point of flying half way around the world to attend one day at Warley, my wallet won’t like it.....but yes, I’ll be there. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

I posted this on Wright’s Writes earlier on in the week, I’ve been working on a LNER P1. This will not be the best P1 model ever made, I’m using an A1 body on top of an O2 chassis. The O2’s had slightly smaller wheels, Tony Wright mentioned a scale drop of about 2mm, I can live with that. Perhaps later I’ll put the proper wheels on her, but for her now, no one will notice (don’t tell anyone). 

The A1 boiler and cab have now been fixed to the running plate of the O2, the main part was cutting off the massive weight that held the motor in the O2. About an hours work of cutting with a hacksaw and then further filing out of the inside of the boiler and she slipped straight on. She’s at my local shop getting DCC’d again, as I’m hopeless with hard wiring a locomotive. When she returns I’ll get cracking on adding sections that have been cut away, around the smoke box, bottom of the boiler and anything else that I’ll need. I also need to create a tender, the tenders made for the P1’s were specific to the locos. Thanks for Graeme King of this parish, he has send me lots and lots of photos of how he completed his, many thanks Graeme. 

Keep an eye out over the next month or so! 

0CC5EFA2-A911-4368-A2EB-1B439FCBAD38.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1