Bargain Hunters Mark 2

• RMweb Premium

If you buy through PayPal you get your money back if they don’t send the item.

I’ve just purchased one so I will let you know how I get on.

Not sure what your experience is so far, but there's one unhappy customer left negative feedback. I tried to make contact for an eta last night so will wait till Monday before raising a case.

Apologies for the non-bargain post.

Regarding Ian Allen in Birmingham

Still plenty of Whickhams left (at least 6) at £50

Plus Bachmann GWR liveried class 57's at £95 

And Bachmann Mk1's (Blood and custard IIRC) maked down form £50 to £35

HTH

• Like 1

Not sure what your experience is so far, but there's one unhappy customer left negative feedback. I tried to make contact for an eta last night so will wait till Monday before raising a case.

Apologies for the non-bargain post.

Same here no reply from seller

Bargain news

Been to the Warley show today and Modelrail magazine are selling there stock off at good prices.

Bachmann stand seconds seemed over priced for me

Edited by andymac-2008

Regarding Ian Allen in Birmingham

Still plenty of Whickhams left (at least 6) at £50

Plus Bachmann GWR liveried class 57's at £95 

And Bachmann Mk1's (Blood and custard IIRC) maked down form £50 to £35

HTH

Hi

You didn't happen to notice any class 20s while you were there did you? I think a while ago they were knocking them out at £60, just wondered if they restocked.

Cheers,

Is it just me who is sick seeing all these reduced priced Green Class 20's everywhere ?........where have all the bargain Blue 20's gone ? - I have one and it is desperately seeking a partner.........

Probably all the blue ones sold out, some 20s did last an awfully long time in green (up to about 1980 I think) so green full yellow ends might be an option for you.

Edited by royaloak

• RMweb Gold

Probably all the blue ones sold out, some 20s did last an awfully long time in green (up to about 1980 I think) so green full yellow ends might be an option for you.

IIRC, Bachmann’s 20141 represents the last Class 20 in green, it going blue in June/July 1980.

Roy

IIRC, Bachmann’s 20141 represents the last Class 20 in green, it going blue in June/July 1980.

Roy

If it’s any help is does fit in with a BR blue loco one of the engine room doors are BR blue as if it’s been replaced when in for repair. Edited by andymac-2008

Hi

You didn't happen to notice any class 20s while you were there did you? I think a while ago they were knocking them out at £60, just wondered if they restocked.

Cheers,

No 20's left I'm afraid.

Exhibiting at the Highbridge/Burnham-on-Sea Model Railway Exhibition over this weekend, and my layout has been located next to the Richard's Railways Stand. He sold his shop off a few years ago, but goes around shows with the stock (all new!), plus a bit of second hand on display too. There are many hard to find models from a number of years ago, with prices that match!!!

Examples;

Bachmann 9F's (Various running numbers) £89.99

Bachmann LMS Ivatt 2-6-0 £54.99

Hornby BRITISH RAILWAYS Fowler 2-6-4T £49.99

Hornby N15's (Various names and numbers) £74.99 

Bachmann BR Maroon Mk1's (lots of variants) £17 each

Bachmann and Hornby wagons from as low as £5.50!

Plus much, much more!

Grabbed myself a Bachmann BR Johnson 3F for just £59.99, plus a Box Van for £5.75  :locomotive:

So if your down in the area pop to the show and come and say hi to me on Compton Quay (and save me from parting with more cash)!  :jester:

• Like 2

Same here no reply from seller

Bargain news

Been to the Warley show today and Modelrail magazine are selling there stock off at good prices.

Bachmann stand seconds seemed over priced for me

A bit late as its now over, but i reckon Rails of Sheffield had a good deal on their stand. The 3 Bachmann birdcages available as a bundle for for £129. I got the Crimson ones.

Didn't think much of the Bachmann returns either. The only item i looked at before walking away was the Stanier Mogul was £114. Quite a lot for a returned item when there were other retailers at the show selling brand new ones for £119 or so.

I also picked up a DJM class 71 from the DJM stand. Returned item with a cab light not working in one end at a bargain price of £65. He was also selling off 02's and beatties at £60. All were labeled with their faults. 

Howes models have topped up their secondhand section again.

https://www.howesmodels.co.uk/category/Pre-owned%20OO%20models

It’s mainly GWR stuff, the Heljan 13xx in photographic grey for just under £60 looks like a good deal, Bachy panniers, Stars, Prairies, Halls and further east a Baby Deltic for £50. Have a look.

No connection other than a satisfied customer.

Simon

Anyone for a Farish Scotrail 47, RTC Weathered Class 24 or Sound Fitted BR Blue Class 108? Sadly I model OO so can't justify these. Maybe I could talk SWMBO into letting me have an N layout on the dining room table....? Must get life insurance first! 

http://sawyermodels.co.uk/?product=371-876ds-graham-farish-dcc-sound-br-blue-class-108-2-car-dmu

http://sawyermodels.co.uk/?product=372-980-graham-farish-class-24-rtc-experiment-97201-weathered

http://sawyermodels.co.uk/?product=372-245-graham-farish-br-scotrail-class-47-sir-walter-scott-47710

All the best

Charles