Bargain Hunters Mark 2

S stock back to its launch price at the Lt museum shop. Not quite a bargain at launch, but as the price of everything else goes up, it looks better value. You could try the code WELCOME10 at checkout for a further 10% off. Mixed reports on whether this works.

https://www.ltmuseumshop.co.uk/models/trams-trains/motorised-Bachmann-s-stock-2017-4-car-set-35-990b#item=239150

Hi,

Thank you - I think I have now bought it. I may take the motor bogie out and then pair it with a powered 2-EPB. The motor bogie would then go in a kit/MJT EMU/DEMU.

It doesn't seem all that long ago I was buying brand new 4-car EMUs for £100.

So this one may appear on Beggarwood Lane - a Basingstoke club layout possibly as part of a 5 x 2-EPB train.

I'm hoping to add writeable RFID tags to my trains - perhaps I should include data on the tag on whether the unit has a motor.

Regards

Nick

Bachmann stand was empty for most of the day (No mad scrum) I picked up a class 24 that had a bargain price tag of £110 sold as seen!

I asked if this is the best price and was told you can have it for £100! I picked one up for £80 from a stall holder brand new!

Towards the end they were getting a little more desperate not to have to pack everything back up. Picked up a coal tank labelled £92.00 and they said I could have it for £60.00. Yoink. 

So as not to be off topic, i shall add that anyone looking to make a shapeways purchase can get 15% off for today only with the code HAPPYMONDAY

• Like 1

Towards the end they were getting a little more desperate not to have to pack everything back up. Picked up a coal tank labelled £92.00 and they said I could have it for £60.00. Yoink. 

So as not to be off topic, i shall add that anyone looking to make a shapeways purchase can get 15% off for today only with the code HAPPYMONDAY

I got there in the first few minutes and it was three deep already. Quite a lot of what they had on the stand seemed to be the returns of the slow sellers like the GWR ROD and the Windoff MPV.

In my opinion the prices weren’t great for returned stock. Much of what was available can be had brand new for similar prices with a full guarantee.

I did pass by later on Saturday morning and grabbed a Highlander coach pack with 101 driving trailer for a bargain price; so it wasn’t all bad.

Heljan were doing much better deals on new stock – the Hymeks and class 26s were particularly well priced I thought.

Warley Show

Go to Kernow’s stand

They are selling some of there limited editions off around half price.

All are without outer sleeves and certificates because if water damage but all the locomotives have not been effected and are still as new.

I purchased 47973 Midland Counties for £79.99

Also picked up a Mk2A coach HST Barrier Vehicle ltd eddition for £15 (not part of the water damaged stock)

Bachmann stand was empty for most of the day (No mad scrum) I picked up a class 24 that had a bargain price tag of £110 sold as seen!

I asked if this is the best price and was told you can have it for £100! I picked one up for £80 from a stall holder brand new!

Hmm this water damage thing seems to have been going on for years - Kernow need to sort that...  it does seem to always happen to their slow sellers too. 

No arguments about the price but I do believe this is more like a case of "we have some limited ed models we can't shift - don't want to be seen to heavily discount as will annoy those loyal customers who paid full price, so shift them minus their certificates and sleeves as damaged stock".  The ones I've bought in past have no signs of any markings to inner packaging.

• RMweb Gold

Warley Show

Go to Kernow’s stand

They are selling some of there limited editions off around half price.

All are without outer sleeves and certificates because if water damage but all the locomotives have not been effected and are still as new.

I purchased 47973 Midland Counties for £79.99

Also picked up a Mk2A coach HST Barrier Vehicle ltd eddition for £15 (not part of the water damaged stock)

Similar story. I went to the Bachmann stand, saw 47’s at £120 each, asked best price I was told £110.

I nearly had a bargain, 9f no price, i asked he said £60. after finding nothing else i offered to pay, this new guy said £120... so i left empty handed.

I went to the Heljan stand, picked up a class 07,27,35 & 86 for £360, then I meandered over to Kernow and bought 3 of those 47’s at £80..

I got home to find with all the Warley excitement, no one had been watching ebay, and i’d won an auction of 4x good condition/complete Bachmann class 47 bodyshells for £45.

Finally those kernow 47’s, mine had Certificates, nameplates, parts bags and instructions inside.

So the kernow bodies, box and certs will be heading ebays way soon... heads up body bargain coming..

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3

Ian Allan, Birmingham earlier today:

Bachmann 47s; Totnes Castle (1), RFD (4) £107ea

Bachmann 1F; 0-6-0T various liveries (6 or 8) £67ea

Bachmann 4F; 0-6-0 MR livery (2 or 3) £78ea

Bachmann D11; 4-4-0 sorry can't remember livery or price, but 2 off

Oxford/Golden Valley; YE Co. Janus 0-6-0 BP livery (1) £50

• RMweb Premium

Ian Allan, Birmingham earlier today:

Bachmann 47s; Totnes Castle (1), RFD (4) £107ea

Bachmann 1F; 0-6-0T various liveries (6 or 8) £67ea

Bachmann 4F; 0-6-0 MR livery (2 or 3) £78ea

Bachmann D11; 4-4-0 sorry can't remember livery or price, but 2 off

Oxford/Golden Valley; YE Co. Janus 0-6-0 BP livery (1) £50

Some more detail:

32-814 Totnes Castle 47814

31-663 RFD 47209

31-433/4/5 for the 1Fs (there were 10 at lunchtime)

31-147 D11 501 - £120

There were also 2 Ivatt 2-6-2Ts No 41243, 31-440 @ £87 (unless they had sold in a couple of hours!)

Keith

Edited by melmerby

Lidl from Sunday have their display cabinets. Not sure if it's a bargain as such but I know they have their following when available.

Also are the tressle.

Can anyone tell me how "flatpack" these display cases are? Wondering if it would fit in the car.

The only problem with the Ian Allen Bargain Table Specials is that they're of very little use to people who have no chance of passing through Birmingham any time in the next year...

And its years since I've visited Birmingham anyway!

Edited for irritating spelin misstake!

Edited by Hroth

The only problem with the Ian Allen Bargain Table Specials is that they're of very little use to people who have no chance of passtig through Birmingham any time in the next year...

And its years since I've visited Birmingham anyway!

Unfortunately it's the nature of this thread that not every bargain is going to be for every person who looks at the thread! As someone who lives about 10-15 minutes journey from Ian Allen, these posts are great, however I'm not at all interested in display cases or tools from Lidl but I don't feel the need to post that I'm not interested in them!

And to please the bargain police, here is what I think really must be one of the best prices for a new large tender loco we're likely to ever see again (ROD 2-8-0s for £59 and £56)

https://www.hattons.co.uk/StockDetail.aspx?SID=34449

https://www.hattons.co.uk/StockDetail.aspx?SID=34450

and yes I know they've been posted before, but they really are amazing prices!

• Like 1