Bargain Hunters Mark 2

Nice to see all twelve as I only received some of the e-mails! (1,5,6,9,10,11 & 12) :scratchhead:

Keith

Don't worry - not really missed much, neither Rails or Hattons have really done that greater deals with the Advent Calendar/12 Deals of Christmas.  Only good thing - I've not spent anything!

• Like 1

Head's Up ....eBay offering 10% discount on 2 purchases for today Tues 18th Dec use code PINECONE  at checkout...............it's visable on the listings - don't know if it works or not ! 

Thanks, code worked for me.

For the first time I tried the 'Make and Offer' option. Immediately it came back saying that the seller rejected my offer (no way had they time to read my offer and reject it, so I guess my offer was below some automatic rejection threshold). I made a slightly higher offer which was accepted. Then got 10% off.

Edited by Damo666
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

If youre after the latest Hornby Princess Coronation Queen Elizabeth then Bure Valley have a very good price of £145

http://www.burevalleymodels.com/p/11798/R3623---LMS-Princess-Coronation-4-6-2-6221-Queen-Elizabeth

Seems to be around £170 mark at the box shifters.

16 in stock at the moment.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

If youre after the latest Hornby Princess Coronation Queen Elizabeth then Bure Valley have a very good price of £145

http://www.burevalleymodels.com/p/11798/R3623---LMS-Princess-Coronation-4-6-2-6221-Queen-Elizabeth

Seems to be around £170 mark at the box shifters.

16 in stock at the moment.

Nice price.

How do they get away with that discount? :scratchhead:

It's about 24% and way over the suggested cut.

No more deliveries from Hornby? :jester:

Keith

Rails of Sheffield have updated their list of bargains, calling it a January sale as the final 'advent calendar' day. I've had a look, nothing really leapt out for me, but posting in case there might be items of interest/value to others:

https://railsofsheffield.com/search/bargains

PLUS SPEND OVER £250 POUNDS AND RECEIVE A FREE COPY OF THE 9TH EDITION RAMSAYS GUIDE (VOLUME 1 & 2)
(RRP £34.99)

-- sorry for the duplication! great minds posting at once!

Edited by davidprentice

Rails of Sheffield have updated their list of bargains, calling it a January sale as the final 'advent calendar' day. I've had a look, nothing really leapt out for me,

What an awful web site - restricted the search to OO / OO 1:76 / Any Scale (2 item) and get stacks of O, N and HO items listed - tried adding in appropriate manufacturers but still the same and the internal wait for more items to be shown rather than simply next page.

What an awful web site - restricted the search to OO / OO 1:76 / Any Scale (2 item) and get stacks of O, N and HO items listed - tried adding in appropriate manufacturers but still the same and the internal wait for more items to be shown rather than simply next page.

Yeah, don't believe the 2 item thing, you add "any scale" and you get all the items. That style of listing things is also part of what's considered a modern website (IMHO only by the people trying to earn a living from website design) so be prepared to see it more while hoping it'll disappear quicker than it loads to be replaced by some other "marmite" method.

Ironhorse Hobbies (NZ) have a sale on for Bachmann coaches - many Mk1 and Mk2 at $34.98 (£17 or so). They ship worldwide. https://www.ironhorsehobbies.co.nz

James

Current exchange rate is 1.88 NZD to £1, absolute bargain prices.

Adding the postage is a bit of a sting though.

Edited by royaloak

Hobbycraft have a good deal on Really Useful boxes.

My preferred stock boxes are 4 ltr (£3.75)

and 9 ltr (£4.50)

https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/advancedsearchresults.aspx?query=really+useful+products

Free delivery over £20.

Cheers,

Mick

Mick, do you store your stock in original boxes inside those ^^^^ or are they individually wrapped in protective material?

• RMweb Premium

Mick, do you store your stock in original boxes inside those ^^^^ or are they individually wrapped in protective material?

I don't use the original boxes for transport.  Having said that - it's 'only' my exhibition stock that lives in the RUBs

I use foam strips and bubble wrap between them.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold