Bargain Hunters Mark 2

8 hours ago, Damo666 said:

If your interest is in Irish Diesels & coaches:

Murphy Models CIE MM0088, CIE Livery. RRP £145, Big guys have it at around £125. DC-Kits at £85

Restaurant Car MM5541, seen elsewhere at the £45 - £47 mark. DC-Kits at £35

Usual disclaimer, just a customer.

Did anyone have luck nabbing a MM0088 ? - Just received an e-mail to tell me my order has been cancelled...sold out !

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

In the Hattons melee, it seems to have gone unnoticed that Rails are offering Lord Nelsons for £109, including R3635 'Lord Rodney' BR Green Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.30863

Streamlined Duchesses are £129

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Damo666 said:

Me too.

Disappointed.

I had this happen to me a couple of times on the old website - available stock doesn't seem to be linked to the website and can be well out of date which I suspect this one was

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

In the Hattons melee, it seems to have gone unnoticed that Rails are offering Lord Nelsons for £109, including R3635 'Lord Rodney' BR Green Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.30863

Yes, the two new red 'uns too, just what I've been waiting for, though this and other Rails' bargains this month have cost me dear!

Cheers, 

Keith 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, tractionman said:

Yes, the two new red 'uns too, just what I've been waiting for, though this and other Rails' bargains this month have cost me dear!

Cheers, 

Keith 

The aforementioned Nelsons (and Duchess) are 50p more at Rails............

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

18 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Bagged one last night, No my first choice of name so could very well Turn into a Walter Raleigh (Local Connection  historical wise in Ireland).

Good ol Price. would you not be miffed if you shelled out full price on these Locos?

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Georgeconna said:

Bagged one last night, No my first choice of name so could very well Turn into a Walter Raleigh (Local Connection  historical wise in Ireland).

Good ol Price. would you not be miffed if you shelled out full price on these Locos?

I've paid full price on some models and cheaper on others. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Jason

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 24/05/2019 at 16:44, Steamport Southport said:

I've paid full price on some models and cheaper on others. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

On 24/05/2019 at 16:44, Steamport Southport said:

Jason

Nice to be Flush eh!  50 notes is 50 notes...

• Agree 2

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 11:49, Damo666 said:

UPDATE Wed 23rd May 21:00hrs:

MURPHY MODELS CIE MM0088 SOLD OUT

Despite ringing beforehand to check, and the website taking my order (another item I wanted was sold out, so the inventory system must be working), plus receiving an email stating "Your order has been received and will be processed once payment has been confirmed.", I've now got an email saying the MM0088 is sold out!

Really disappointed.

If your interest is in Irish Diesels & coaches:

Murphy Models CIE MM0088, CIE Livery. RRP £145, Big guys have it at around £125. DC-Kits at £85

Restaurant Car MM5541, seen elsewhere at the £45 - £47 mark. DC-Kits at £35

Usual disclaimer, just a customer (Guess not then)

They now have the Class 201's listed at £90 each.....don't know if that means they are actually available, although some are listed as very low stocks...

I'm not  going to chance a purchase, besides which I am still awaiting my PayPal account to be refunded my original payment - buyer beware !

• Friendly/supportive 1

17 minutes ago, steviesparx said:

They now have the Class 201's listed at £90 each.....don't know if that means they are actually available, although some are listed as very low stocks...

I'm not  going to chance a purchase, besides which I am still awaiting my PayPal account to be refunded my original payment - buyer beware !

I think i saw these on Hattons...i noticed the sold out shortly after the post on here but i guess it's a case of low stock and quick turnover.

B

• Friendly/supportive 1

16 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

Nice to be Flush eh!  50 notes is 50 notes...

Yes. But are people buying random things because they are cheap or buying what they actually want?

Buying thing you didn't want is a waste of money. That £50 could go towards something I really wanted.

Jason

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Yes. But are people buying random things because they are cheap or buying what they actually want?

Buying thing you didn't want is a waste of money. That £50 could go towards something I really wanted.

Jason

Agreed, no point filling your gloat box with bargains for the sake of it, hold on to your ha'penny until what you really need/want comes along at any price.

Mike.

• Agree 1

Don't like nitpicking but poor email from rails to add City of Edinburgh to the £129.50 deal. Advertised as City of Birmingham in the title and Duchess of Edinburgh in the blurb...

Available until noon tomorrow by the way

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Just as a follow on from Tomathee's post above, I received a further email from Rails entitled CITY OF EDINBURGH 'Correction', but only the title line was visible and no further text opened.

Has anyone else had a similar problem.

Apologies for straying off the strict topic, which I won't do again, but I'm curious as to whether the problem lies with Rails mass flash sale adverts or with my laptop.

Regards,

John

Edited by Brit70053
Edited to remove repetition
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Today I popped in Transport Models of Preston, and they had a wealth of bargains in stock, mostly second hand but (from brief observation) untouched. These included a Bachmann Virgin 47 for £100, a few Bachmann JJA 'Autiballasters' (unbranded & weathered) for £38 each, various Heljan 47s for ~£70 and sound-fitted Bachmann classes 20, 37 and 47 for ~£170. Of course, there will be many more but these caught my eye during a quick look.

Usual disclaimer, I’m only a satisfied customer and stock changes daily so the above may have already gone.

Jack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium