Bargain Hunters Mark 2

4 hours ago, BR(S) said:

eBay 10% off items listed as "New", code PRISTINE, min spend £50, max discount £75.  Ends midday tomorrow.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Timed-Offers/bn_7116144158

Freightliner page on E-bay are selling the Bachmann class 90’s for £140 with the above code it’s only £126. 
bagged me one

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, andymac-2008 said:

Freightliner page on E-bay are selling the Bachmann class 90’s for £140 with the above code it’s only £126. 
bagged me one

Thanks for this.  I did hover over the buy now button, but ultimately a lovely Lion also listed as new turned my head.  Alas no Western Pullman's split from set to get £75 off

• Like 1

Good afternoon everyone,

Some of you may call this a bargain others may not, but it is about 20% off the RRP for the full set. Sadly not suitable for my own personal layout plus she who must be obeyed would not be very happy with me and would make it known! £759.95 with Free Postage. 

http://sawyermodels.co.uk/?product=30-420-Bachmann-dcc-sound-western-pullman-train-set

or it is available as just the 6 car unit for £675 Free Postage

http://sawyermodels.co.uk/?product=30-420l-Bachmann-dcc-sound-western-pullman-6-car-unit-split-from-set 

Hope this is of some use to someone out there.

All the best

Charles 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Does anybody know if Lidl are planning another run of the display cabinets they had on sale last year?

I bought one and it was fantastic, I’d love another couple!

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Foden said:

Does anybody know if Lidl are planning another run of the display cabinets they had on sale last year?

They have done them several times so I would say that there is a good chance you will see them again. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

45 minutes ago, Foden said:

29 minutes ago, Kris said:

They have done them several times so I would say that there is a good chance you will see them again. 

Unfortunately we've never had them in Ireland :unsure:

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Foden said:

They are usually advertised in advance in Lidl's 'upcoming offers' brochures in their stores, otherwise Keep your eyes open two to three weeks before Christmas which is when they've usually appeared (and disappeared) in my local store.

Regards,

John

1 hour ago, Brit70053 said:

They are usually advertised in advance in Lidl's 'upcoming offers' brochures in their stores, otherwise Keep your eyes open two to three weeks before Christmas which is when they've usually appeared (and disappeared) in my local store.

Or keep an eye on the "middle of Lidl" section of their web site

https://www.lidl.co.uk/middle-of-lidl - presently lists items stocked 7 Nov, 10 Nov, 14 Nov and 17 Nov

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, GEOEng03 said:

Expressway Models at Buckfastleigh have 40% off Scenecraft products and 20% off some Dapol and Bachmann products  

That’s good news, unfortunately no web presence for stock........but well worth a trip out for a day.

• RMweb Gold
On 16/11/2019 at 16:30, boxbrownie said:

That’s good news, unfortunately no web presence for stock........but well worth a trip out for a day.

When we recently visited the shop there was also a good discount on many Oxford Diecast items; it might be worth a phone call if after a specific item.

• RMweb Gold

LiDL have their Parkside bench/table saw in my local store at about half-price (IIRC £49.99 dropped from £99).  However, whether it is a bargain is perhaps debatable as the on-line reviews of it on some DIY forums are not very good. Any views on (a) whether it is OK for infrequent users and (b) if you can easily get new blades?

Edited by john new
spotted/corrected a typo
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 22/11/2019 at 21:20, sjp23480 said:

My local Lidl (Ashford Kent) has 2x the Hornby rambler set reduced from £79.99 to £49.99.  Includes a 0-4-0 loco, two wagons, oval of track and a controller.  Pretty good value Christmas present for someone?

I saw a Hornby train set (forget which - "Highland Railways" 0-4-0 and a few trucks) in the mince pie section in ASDA yesterday.

I presume there were more in the toy section.

It seemed to be £50 (or maybe £49.99)

Edit - and indeed there was a collection of them in the toy section. I think they were £60 though, not £50. 

Edited by Coryton
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, Coryton said:

I saw a Hornby train set (forget which - "Highland Railways" 0-4-0 and a few trucks) in the mince pie section in ASDA yesterday.

I presume there were more in the toy section.

It seemed to be £50 (or maybe £49.99)

Not in the shortbread section then?   ;) 

I'll have a look at some point. Worth keeping an eye on....

Jason

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Antics are having a go this year at an advent calendar sale, starting today.

They sell more than model railways so it remains to be seen what if any of it is relevant to most of us here.

Their first one isn't something I could (or would want to) fit into my layout somewhere.

https://anticsonline.uk/N2267_Pictures/108257070_.html

• Thanks 3