Bargain Hunters Mark 2

19 hours ago, Coryton said:

Which overall might be a better thing than Hornby undercutting its retailers...

Just advising a fellow modeller so they weren't disappointed!

Wanting to sell the majority of products direct and undercutting retailers is a different thing entirely, and done to death elsewhere.  At the end of the day, all companies dump stock they cannot sell, one way or another!  Why look on here if your not after a bargain?

Regards,

C.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CovDriver said:

Hmmm I've got a 122 that doesn't really fit in within my era I'm after a blue and grey 121 though. 

Doh!! I missed out on the Hattons blue and grey bargain 121's by an hour or so

To my un-trained eye, the Highland Stag logo is the only difference between the blue/grey and Highland stag version; which is still available at £79. 

So £79, a cotton bud and some suitable removing fluid and you've got your blue/grey 121.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Foden said:

Lidl have the Livarno display cabinets on sale again from Sunday 15th December priced at £49.99.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/great-gifts/livarno-living-collector-s-display-cabinet/p28106

I’ll definitely be in for another couple.

Also on sale in Northern Ireland as of today. At £10 more expensive tho.... Still excellent value for money. 

Edited by Nelson Jackson

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Nelson Jackson said:

Also on sale in Northern Ireland as of today. At £10 more expensive tho.... Still excellent value for money. 

They certainly are. Shame about the extra 20% over there though, I’d feel pretty hard done by for that.

My dilemma is last year I was a week late into the shops getting mine. I was after a plane wood example but ended up with a white as it was all I could get. Do I stick with more white ones or get the plane wood? They’re going on a white wall so I suspect I might just keep them the same. Although I do think the plane wood looks a touch more elegant.

1 hour ago, Foden said:

My dilemma is last year I was a week late into the shops getting mine. I was after a plane wood example but ended up with a white as it was all I could get. Do I stick with more white ones or get the plane wood? They’re going on a white wall so I suspect I might just keep them the same. Although I do think the plane wood looks a touch more elegant.

Well, plane wood you can always paint white. White ones are more difficult to revert to plane wood.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Foden said:

They certainly are. Shame about the extra 20% over there though, I’d feel pretty hard done by for that.

I’m looking for two white ones, but as noted, only the oak ones listed this year it seems :(

• RMweb Premium

Well, Hattons don't appear to be making much of an effort this year. Today's '12 Days of Christmas' deal is the Class 121. Yet again. Sure, the £79 bubblecar is a good deal, but it's a discount they've had on it for months.

Going back to Black Friday for a moment, I had no less than four emails showcasing different groupings of their "Black Friday" deals, all of which were their existing discounted stock at prices they'd been selling them at for weeks/months, Sure, the deals are still good, but in the past they've always managed to add a few new deals for this, otherwise the "Black Friday" banner at the top of the email seems... false?

And now it appears that their "12 Deals of Christmas" is going down the same route. Or am I missing something?

Edited by Dragonfly
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Well, Hattons don't appear to be making much of an effort this year. Today's '12 Days of Christmas' deal is the Class 121. Yet again. Sure, the £79 bubblecar is a good deal, but it's a discount they've had on it for months.

Going back to Black Friday for a moment, I had no less than four emails showcasing different groupings of their "Black Friday" deals, all of which were their existing discounted stock at prices they'd been selling them at for weeks/months, Sure, the deals are still good, but in the past they've always managed to add a few new deals for this, otherwise the "Black Friday" banner at the top of the email seems... false?

And now it appears that their "12 Deals of Christmas" is going down the same route. Or am I missing something?

Well day 1 was an amazing £1 reduction on the price of Heljan Class 07's...

Some of these "deals" are verging on being false advertising since they've been at the "deal" price for months.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Your not missing anything.

Rails are recycling some of their old bargains but from the ones ive seen at least they are lowering the price a little further.

I was watching several products in the month leading up to black friday, prices never changed only the sale graphics.

In my opinion so far Kernow and Rails are making far more effort than Hattons with the advent offers.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Kaput said:

Well day 1 was an amazing £1 reduction on the price of Heljan Class 07's...

Some of these "deals" are verging on being false advertising since they've been at the "deal" price for months.

Does it really matter though?   Hattons' (and others) prices are generally good no matter what time of year

Edited by MM1991