Bargain Hunters Mark 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, mezzoman253 said:

And now sold out.

5 hours ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Some bits n pieces in the clearance area of WHS Cardiff.  As well as the locos in the photo there is Hornby track and various humbrol 

Amazing how long it's taking to get rid of the last of the Modelzone stock. Perhaps not surprising because the prices aren't particularly "Clearance"

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, Coryton said:

And now sold out.

Amazing how long it's taking to get rid of the last of the Modelzone stock. Perhaps not surprising because the prices aren't particularly "Clearance"

True in the main but £90 for the B1 isnt bad nor is £120 for the Brit

• RMweb Gold
On 06/12/2019 at 14:14, Ryde-on-time said:

DDC Supplies have reduced the price during December of some of their special commissions from Dapol - O gauge  Maroon Jinty, NCB Pannier, Guinness 08 etc

https://www.dccsupplies.com/cat-999999/special-commissions.htm

I was just about to add that one too!

O gauge RTR - £149 - including a BR green 08 too it seems- https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/dcc_supplies/m.html?item=113999155262&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Edited by Russ (mines a pint)

On 06/12/2019 at 14:14, Ryde-on-time said:

DDC Supplies have reduced the price during December of some of their special commissions from Dapol - O gauge  Maroon Jinty, NCB Pannier, Guinness 08 etc

https://www.dccsupplies.com/cat-999999/special-commissions.htm

Bought an NCB Pannier for the same price off them at Warley the other week, and my figure has just slip on order the BR 08! I just need to build an 0 Gauge layout now... :jester: 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

20 minutes ago, Ryde-on-time said:

Can’t see what todays reduction on the Rails site is ( no advent banner appears for me) but they have today reduced the O gauge Hejlan class 05 shunters by another £10 so they are down to £165 now 

https://railsofsheffield.com/groups/2687/Heljan-o-gauge-class-05-shunters

I sent this to my partner with the covering note "If you really loved me..."

Didn't go over well. I don't model O gauge. We buy a house in eight days and need things to put in the house that are not trains.

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

2 minutes ago, Nova Scotian said:

We buy a house in eight days and need things to put in the house that are not trains.

Commerce 101: There are wants and needs.

Relationships 101: Your partner *might* need some realignment - if not now, in the future.

Good luck with the house!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

1 minute ago, jukebox said:

Commerce 101: There are wants and needs.

Relationships 101: Your partner *might* need some realignment - if not now, in the future.

Good luck with the house!

Unfortunately she's right in this scenario.

I really love the latest O gauge releases though, and 165 of your finest British pounds for a BR Green 05 is spectacularly good value. Between this, the Jinty, 08 and Terrier, everyone should have a little shunting plank in O.

To bring this back to bargains - cheapest I could find GWR HST wasn't any of the big box shifters, but a personal favourite (no connection), Bure Valley Railway

http://www.burevalleymodels.com/p/12460/R3685---Class-43-HST-GWR-Green-Livery

218GBP - a few quid cheaper than anywhere else, in stock, and a lovely little business to support.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Nova Scotian said:

http://www.burevalleymodels.com/p/12460/R3685---Class-43-HST-GWR-Green-Livery

218GBP - a few quid cheaper than anywhere else, in stock, and a lovely little business to support.

I ordered something from them recently. It arrived incredibly quickly. Unlike my order at about the same time from a much larger and better known company. I'd be very happy to buy from them again.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, Coryton said:

I ordered something from them recently. It arrived incredibly quickly. Unlike my order at about the same time from a much larger and better known company. I'd be very happy to buy from them again.

As did I, after a recent BH post on here regarding a TTS sound Kettle, quite a saving and very fast post.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 08/12/2019 at 19:54, Coryton said:

Yep, thumbs-up for Bure Valley in my limited experience, although ironically the bargain I bought I put unopened on eBay this afternoon as I need space & cash and that huge pile of models for "if" and "one day maybe" aren't good for either... A bargain is only a bargain if you need it - apparently lol! 

Ralf

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

That's funny, Both Rails and Hattons have the same loco in their Advent calender today, the J36, but Rails of Sheffield are about £10 cheaper than Hattons.

Hattons: R3621 - Class J36 0-6-0 722 in LNER black - £99, Rails £89.50

Hattons: R3600TTS - Class J36 0-6-0 673 "Maude" in North British Railway lined black - as preserved - TTS sound fitted - £119.50, Rails £109.50

Edited by Damo666
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Damo666 said:

That's funny, Both Rails and Hattons have the same loco in their Advent calender today, the J36, but Rails of Sheffield are about £10 cheaper than Hattons.

Hattons: R3621 - Class J36 0-6-0 722 in LNER black - £99, Rails £89.50

Hattons: R3600TTS - Class J36 0-6-0 673 "Maude" in North British Railway lined black - as preserved - TTS sound fitted - £119.50, Rails £109.50

Got both emails this morning....oops.....embarrassing :blush:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, Dangg said:

Asda are selling  the Hornby Freight master train set  for £25

Might be of interest to some 

Certainly is - thanks for that!

That's less than the engine costs alone.

Those little 0-4-0s are quite fun to do some low-stakes modelling with, and they're much nicer now the scale top speed is less than Mach 1.

Those sets have gone quickly from £60 to £50 to £25. Presumably not selling as well as they'd hoped, which is perhaps a bit of a shame.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Coryton said:

Now you tell me about the 10% off offer.

I could have saved £2.50!

Sorry.

The offer is 10% off £50, 15% off £75, 20% off £100 spend on selected toys.

Looks like you can only buy a maximum of 2 Hornby sets, but you may be able to combine with other eligible toys to get to the £100 threshold resulting in the sets effectively costing £20! With the possiblity of £5 cashback too!

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, scottrains29 said:

Sorry.

I wasn't being serious. £25 is a good enough price for me. Should have added a smiley.

44 minutes ago, Trojmiasto said:

If anyone genuinely wants four, just add two lots of two to the basket to get around the issue...

Oops! Someone in their IT hasn't done their job properly.

4 hours ago, Dangg said:

Asda are selling  the Hornby Freight master train set  for £25

Might be of interest to some 

Thank you for this, Christmas present ordered, I think we all remember opening our first trainset on Christmas morning :)

Matt

• Like 2