Bargain Hunters Mark 2

10 hours ago, Mel_H said:

Also at Doncaster, TTC Diecast are offering 10% off the total price when you buy two items of rolling stock-including locos. Otherwise, I didn’t spot any ‘weekend wonders’ on any other stalls, apart from reductions on some books on Booklaw’s stand (but also at same price on their website)

TTC generally have money off mutliple buys at shows

On 08/02/2020 at 21:21, MarshLane said:

Anyone going to the BRM Doncaster exhibition tomorrow seeking a GWR 4300 Class Mogul in 7mm ...RAILS have got a special show price of £495 - £130 off.  Shop is the normal £625 notes....

If anyone is interested - the Station Masters Rooms also have a few of these available at £495 each - showing as used but I suspect they are new due to the quantity available & recent release of the model. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Not advertised as deal of the day but Rails have the Webb Coal Tank (LNWR and LMS only) for £74.50.  At that price am tempted to buy one for repainting into BR

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/27055/Bachmann-35-050-oo-gauge-lnwr-webb-coal-tank-in-lnwr-plain-black-0-6-2-tank-locomotive-no-1054

Edited by Metr0Land
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Good evening all,

Hope you are all well. I noticed this on Sawyer Models website before. I am tempted by the Sound Western Pullman split from the train set but I don't think she who must be obeyed would be best pleased.

All the best

Charles 

Valentine’s Day Sale! Please Read

At Sawyer Models we love all our customers so starting 10am Friday 14th until 10pm Sunday 16th, we’re giving you an extra 14% off at the checkout! (excludes Bachmann Thomas range & Sawyer Model Specials), our way of showing you some love.

At the secure checkout, at the top of the page, click ‘click here to enter your code’ and type ‘love’ into the box and then click ‘apply coupon’. This will apply an extra 14% off your basket total.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
On 14/02/2020 at 19:50, napierlion said:

I am tempted by the Sound Western Pullman split from the train set but I don't think she who must be obeyed would be best pleased.

couldn’t resist, thanks for the heads up!

On 14/02/2020 at 19:50, napierlion said:

Good evening all,

Hope you are all well. I noticed this on Sawyer Models website before. I am tempted by the Sound Western Pullman split from the train set but I don't think she who must be obeyed would be best pleased.

All the best

Charles 

Valentine’s Day Sale! Please Read

At Sawyer Models we love all our customers so starting 10am Friday 14th until 10pm Sunday 16th, we’re giving you an extra 14% off at the checkout! (excludes Bachmann Thomas range & Sawyer Model Specials), our way of showing you some love.

At the secure checkout, at the top of the page, click ‘click here to enter your code’ and type ‘love’ into the box and then click ‘apply coupon’. This will apply an extra 14% off your basket total.

Wow. Newly released Class 87 obtained for £132.32 (RRP170.99, most shops doing them for c£153), WITH FREE POSTAGE.

Don't mind if I do! Thanks for the heads up. This was arond the price I was expecting to pay for this model.

They also have two of the Bachmann Ransomes cranes, which with the discount will come out at £186, with free postage. a real bargain! Shame I've already got mine in December

Edited by G-BOAF

16 hours ago, amwells said:

couldn’t resist, thanks for the heads up!

Good afternoon,

I was wondering who purchased it. Andy showed me it running on the shops DCC layout a few weeks ago, fantastic model. 

4 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Wow. Newly released Class 87 obtained for £132.32 (RRP170.99, most shops doing them for c£153), WITH FREE POSTAGE.

Don't mind if I do! Thanks for the heads up. This was arond the price I was expecting to pay for this model.

They also have two of the Bachmann Ransomes cranes, which with the discount will come out at £186, with free postage. a real bargain! Shame I've already got mine in December

Glad I could help. 

all the best

Charles 

4 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

The cranes are sold out as are quite a lot of the listed items but you have to click on the item to get that detail. It was the case on Friday when I looked.

• Agree 1

Just been shopping for some cast figures and details from Langley Models and noticed 10% off

use code febdeal

Langley Models will be at Ally Pally -- if you want to save on postage. Mae sure you ask them to bring the items along - they always sell out of some items such as cement mixers!

No connections with the business - just a satisfied customer.

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, rob D2 said:

Cheltenham model centre , right now , cheapest I’ve seen it 

AF1464D6-06F0-4A3C-B5F4-D70A33E8E8C4.jpeg

Same price at Rails too Rob, but yeah, cheaper than the rest at the moment.

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/37454/Hornby-r3746-oo-gauge-class-31-102-br-blue-a1a-a1a-diesel-locomotive?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2Mb7i7_g5wIVgtDeCh1wIA5bEAYYAiABEgIlIPD_BwE

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

The thing that really let's the blue unrefurbrished 31 down is there no representation at all of the central band that in reality is very prominent 

I could really do with a few blue 31s but will probably have to use Lima bodies,  still got to complete the layout first 

• Like 2

Just had a promo email from Hornby announcing various 'special offers' - mainly on tools - for members of Hornby's Collectors' Club.

Interestingly, it is also offering Golden Valley's Port of London No. 201 Janus 0-6-0 Diesel GV2015 for £55.00. (Best price elsewhere today is Hattons' £72).

It's £28 to join the club https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/memberships

Edited by Mel_H
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, Mel_H said:

Just had a promo email from Hornby announcing various 'special offers' - mainly on tools - for members of Hornby's Collectors' Club.

Interestingly, it is also offering Golden Valley's Port of London No. 201 Janus 0-6-0 Diesel GV2015 for £55.00. (Best price elsewhere today is Hattons' £72).

It's £28 to join the club https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/memberships

I got that email too, but rather curiously the link to the Janus product page don’t work. Even when I clicked it on the website I got an ‘Error 404’ message. 

• RMweb Gold
On 18/02/2020 at 14:43, tractionman said:

and further reductions at Rails for the Heljan OO gauge GWR 1361 Class and 1366 Class Tank Locomotives, now from less than £80 each:

https://railsofsheffield.com/groups/2885/bargain-Heljan-locomotives

cheers,

Keith

Facebook post from Kernow saying in response to the discounting of the Heljan version their version is now reduced to £69.99 :)

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2