Bargain Hunters Mark 2

2 hours ago, 6959 said:

Amazon uk has Hornby Collett coach R4876A for less than 20 quid. There were 13 available but now down to 11. Prices fluctuate. I paid slightly more for mine. The R4876 I bought for £24 is now about £43.

Thanks I managed to get one

DCC Supplies are giving 20% discount off their Dapol graded stock for the month of April. I have just succumbed to the Grade 1 Guinness 08 they had at a very reasonable price. The only downside is that SWMBO said that I do not need two diesel shunters so my other one will have to go. eBay, here I come!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Puggers said:

DCC Supplies are giving 20% discount off their Dapol graded stock for the month of April. I have just succumbed to the Grade 1 Guinness 08 they had at a very reasonable price. The only downside is that SWMBO said that I do not need two diesel shunters so my other one will have to go. eBay, here I come!

https://www.dccsupplies.com/item-p-114750/bl-001-004-a4-bittern-4464-lner-garter-blue.htm

That looks like it might be a good deal. Black Label Bittern sound fitted (no lighting or smoke) grade 1, £160

Edited by TomScrut

• RMweb Gold

Not strictly our own titles, but as we share the same warehouse in Bedford with Irwell Press we have done a deal to stock all of their range too, many with exclusive discounts of 35% off the RRP. We are still open for mail order via our website www.strathwood.co.uk and by telephone on 01463 234004.

All deliveries as ever are well packed and sent via the Royal Mail direct to your doorstep, so go ahead treat yourself and relieve the boredom.

Why not take advantage of our special offers and treat yourself for these long days ahead.

SPECIAL OFFER FOR EASTER order any five or more books and the lowest priced book will be FREE of charge

Check out our increased range of titles with ample stocks available from our warehouse which we share with Irwell Press, with many exclusive bargains to be enjoyed just now.

Our efficient Mail Order service will continue to operate from our warehouse facility in Bedford.

clipart736985.png

Baccy Rail cranes down a good few bob in Rails. £50 notes off the RRP. not sure what the sold for the first time they came out as they were too pricy for my budget.

https://railsofsheffield.com/groups/3045/deal-of-the-day?utm_source=Mailing+List&utm_campaign=d8470c64c0-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_04_10_11_07&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_74d01bc2ed-d8470c64c0-5767645

36 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

Baccy Rail cranes down a good few bob in Rails. £50 notes off the RRP. not sure what the sold for the first time they came out as they were too pricy for my budget.

https://railsofsheffield.com/groups/3045/deal-of-the-day?utm_source=Mailing+List&utm_campaign=d8470c64c0-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_04_10_11_07&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_74d01bc2ed-d8470c64c0-5767645

That's 20% off.

I think they were 15% off originally so its an extra 5% which is about £12.50.

EDIT: The SR model is even cheaper here

https://www.collettsmodelshop.co.uk/product/Bachmann-branchline-38-800-ransomes-rapier-45t-steam-breakdown-crane-sr-grey-free-postage/

Edited by amdaley

Not necessarily a bargain in its own right but I have just made use of it. Just seen this on Rainbow Railways FB page:

Easter special - £10 Discount Voucher
Spend £50 or more at www.rainbowrailways.co.uk and get £10 off your order.
Enter discount code E10 at checkout
Terms - 
Offer Ends 13/4/20 @ 23.59
One voucher per customer

• Like 1

5 hours ago, amdaley said:

That's 20% off.

I think they were 15% off originally so its an extra 5% which is about £12.50.

EDIT: The SR model is even cheaper here

https://www.collettsmodelshop.co.uk/product/Bachmann-branchline-38-800-ransomes-rapier-45t-steam-breakdown-crane-sr-grey-free-postage/

You are a bad man showing me temptation like that!!

• Funny 3

15 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

You are a bad man showing me temptation like that!!

The SR and BR black ones are frequently discounted quite notably - need to be in the right place at the right time, browsing on ebay a month back for something else its habits of showing items you had previously looked for had a listing of a BR black at £179 post free. The buy it now button was pressed.

Edited by Butler Henderson
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, newbryford said:

Why?

Bargains disappear.

There may only have been 1 of them at that price.

There were 7 when I looked, just after the original posting.  Decided to pass even though it was good price (other variants were £42+).  So either they sold like the proverbial, or the pricing bot came back from tea break.

• Agree 2

It will be the pricing bot coming back from a tea break... I read a fascinating article on this sometime ago about how a book (that no-one was buying) ended up being priced at £14,000 due to pricing bot algorithim failings. Anyway, that's OT. Keeping looking chaps!