Bargain Hunters Mark 2

2 hours ago, big jim said:

no, I don’t want it, just sharing the love 

No worries - just thought i'd check before doing so. Given the excitement over Ellis Clark and Hereford, I was conscious of the possibility of a number of people calling up to ask the same question!

1 hour ago, NXEA! said:

Just checked back and there are some new additions at Clarks Railworks, seemingly all Heljan. Lots of 33's in various liveries for £85, a plain green 27 for £85, a Baby Deltic for £85 and a Hymek for £90. Also several new 1361 and 1366 Panniers available for £75 too.  https://clarkrailworks.com/collections/oo-gauge

Thanks - saw an interesting (and honest) video review on Youtube recently of a 1361 - link is here in case anyone is interested in purchasing one of them:

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, NXEA! said:

Just checked back and there are some new additions at Clarks Railworks, seemingly all Heljan. Lots of 33's in various liveries for £85, a plain green 27 for £85, a Baby Deltic for £85 and a Hymek for £90. Also several new 1361 and 1366 Panniers available for £75 too.  https://clarkrailworks.com/collections/oo-gauge

Yes thanks for that, I am going to have to unfollow this thread.......just bought the 47.......it was the 31 a few days ago.....this lockdown is killing my bank balance :lol:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, boxbrownie said:

Yes thanks for that, I am going to have to unfollow this thread.......this lockdown is killing my bank balance :lol:

Don't think about the money you're spending, but the money you're saving.....:yahoo:

• Like 3
  • Funny 3

16 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Just watched Sam’s video review and it looks like a very poor loco.  I thought Hejan considered themselves a premium supplier?  

Kind regards 

Paddy

They are. 

As for watching the videos, poor thing. I wouldn't put myself through such an ordeal. Do people really take the lad seriously? Playing trains on the carpet still I see. No wonder his models don't work.

Anyone who thinks the DJM model is better than the Heljan version needs to go to Specsavers. Just on looks the Heljan is vastly superior. Or do people not know what the prototypes actually look like? There is one glaring error that once seen is never forgotten.

Clue. Splish Splash I was havin' a bath  :laugh:

You know, those big things over the wheels. Nice aren't they?  ;) 

Buy a Heljan version. Any problems send it back and get a replacement. Spares? Gaugemaster are their UK stockists.

So you buy a DJM one. Where's the spares? At the end of the bargepole that I wouldn't touch one with.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Agree 8
  • Funny 1

2 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Time for BHP hat.

Is this a bargain thread or a 1361 review thread?

Just tick agree

I was pointing out which 1361 to go for since they are exactly the same price. Both bargains have been posted.

Would you rather let people buy pups or a better alternative?

Jason

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

I was pointing out which 1361 to go for since they are exactly the same price. Both bargains have been posted.

Would you rather let people buy pups or a better alternative?

Jason

I wouldn't base my buying on one video alone.

Neither should anyone else.

By the way - it wasn't just you posting reviews/comments about alternate models, others started it.

I will repeat - this is the bargain hunters thread, not a review hunters thread.

For reviews - go look in the respective manufacturers sections.

Otherwise - it'll become clogged with other reviews.

(and then reviews of reviews)

"Don't post a review" about to be added to the OP.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1
  • Agree 11
  • Friendly/supportive 2

4 hours ago, newbryford said:

I will repeat - this is the bargain hunters thread, not a review hunters thread.

The intention of posting the video wasn't to that effect. A bargain had been posted for £75 down from an RRP of £159. A similar bargain was posted recently, but after watching Sam's video I opted against purchasing so just wanted to make other potential buyers aware that they knew what they were letting themselves in for. As is the mantra of this thread, the definition of a bargain is decided by the potential purchaser.

Personally, I found Jason's comment rather condescending which is a shame, but that is a whole new topic and this should stick to bargains. As I say - video posted just to make buyers aware. Nothing else.

Edited by Trojmiasto
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, polybear said:

Don't think about the money you're spending, but the money you're saving.....:yahoo:

That’s Mrs BB’s logic when she buys three identical items at half price! :wacko:

• Funny 5

8 hours ago, Trojmiasto said:

The intention of posting

I struggle to grasp what you intentions of posting are in this thread - i recall lots of comment and no bargains?   Perhaps there is an improvement opportunity here ;)

lets keep it on topic  - for everyone to benefit.

I don't model in O - but if these bargains keep coming and making it little more to do that OO i may need a bigger house.

O Gauge  Shunter  @ £175  today at Rails of Sheffield.

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/31007/Heljan-2590-o-gauge-hunslet-class-05-br-green-no-wasp-stripes-shunter-locomotive

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Red Baron said:

I don't model in O - but if these bargains keep coming and making it little more to do that OO i may need a bigger house.

Temptation...

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/34516/Dapol-7s-005-001-o-gauge-y3-sentinel-4wvb-no-42-in-lner-black

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Red Baron said:

O Gauge  Shunter  @ £175  today at Rails of Sheffield.

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/31007/Heljan-2590-o-gauge-hunslet-class-05-br-green-no-wasp-stripes-shunter-locomotive

Although that is indeed a very good price, before you buy that that particular class it's worth remembering that there are several other O Gauge locos slightly more but still under the £200 mark (class 08, terrier, 14xxx, pannier tank - and also the sentinel for a bit less) so really think about what you want.

57 minutes ago, Willoughby Glen said:

Since I posted this, there has been a load more items added at summer overstock prices

Bachmann railfreight class 20 DCC Sound £175

Sound versions of 37, 44, 47, 66 £179-199

New J72s £89

The Dapol class 22 is now £75 but there is only one so best you hurry

https://www.aandhmodels.co.uk/oo-clearance-items-1885-c.asp

Some good deals there. My personal favourites were the 37558 set for £145, bear in mind it comes with 2 model Vulcans too. Also the WCRC 37 for £125, £190 with sound.