Bargain Hunters Mark 2

53 minutes ago, 21C1 said:

Only £10 more expensive than it was at the start of the year with MRD. :p

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Deviousweegee said:

Massive bargains on eBay for the new HST sets (with discount code PICKSMALLBIZ)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353117455906

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353117379137

£210!

Noted that earlier today and done for both. Absolute steal I think. Problem is, will spend a fortune on the coaches for the NR set given a full set is not upcoming...

Also got a GWR 158 from South Devon railway for £185. So, I've done my bit for small businesses (I visited there yesterday as well and it was full price, but the wife brought lots of cars/food trucks at 20% for the layout...)

Cheers

2 hours ago, GEOEng03 said:

Problem is, will spend a fortune on the coaches for the NR set given a full set is not upcoming...

The 3 from last year's range are reasonably readily available but at an inflated price. 2 on this year's range. 5 is a viable rake for this?

3 hours ago, Deviousweegee said:

Massive bargains on eBay for the new HST sets (with discount code PICKSMALLBIZ)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353117455906

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353117379137

£210!

This looks a very good deal and is from a reputable and trustworthy dealer, namely derails of Coleford.

1st class customer service and a personal recommendation from a very satisfied customer of long standing.

15 minutes ago, Black 5 Bear said:

This looks a very good deal and is from a reputable and trustworthy dealer, namely derails of Coleford.

1st class customer service and a personal recommendation from a very satisfied customer of long standing.

Oh is that who it is. I was wondering who the dealer was considering they don't make it clear in the listing and the account has very little feedback.

5 minutes ago, bart2day said:

Oh is that who it is. I was wondering who the dealer was considering they don't make it clear in the listing and the account has very little feedback.

Coleford originally gave the game away for this listing.

This is obviously one of Dan's new ventures as the eBay feedback is mostly 2020.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Black 5 Bear said:

Coleford originally gave the game away for this listing.

This is obviously one of Dan's new ventures as the eBay feedback is mostly 2020.

Fair enough. Good prices on those power cars with the discount but the postage is a rip at £9.90 considering Derails are offering free postage on all order on their website.

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, bart2day said:

Fair enough. Good prices on those power cars with the discount but the postage is a rip at £9.90 considering Derails are offering free postage on all order on their website.

It also says free delivery in the description which is juxtaposed to the £9.90. Odd.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Black 5 Bear said:

Good to hear, I wasn't too sure about the dealer

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, bart2day said:

28 minutes ago, Andy7 said:

It also says free delivery in the description which is juxtaposed to the £9.90. Odd.

Special Delivery postage will cost them this. Remember postage isn't free for the dealer. Given the discount I can live with Derails charging for the postage.....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

For the ebay power cars, it comes up as Derails on the paypal receipt, so it is legitimate.

Sometimes eBay approach companies and subsidise the discount, which I suspect is what’s happening here. I hope this is a good money spinner for the Derails team.

Edited by stationroad
grammar
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

23 minutes ago, Derails Models said:

HOWEVER: this is only a proportion of what is arriving so some may be appearing again next week, as the PICKSMALLBIZ offer runs till the 30th June. Keep an eye out there, you may notice a few more appear here and there.

Will that be just HST cars or some other stuff?

Also out of interest in the GWR Sir Kenneth Grange pack which one is powered?

They should do SKG on its own to mix in with other PCs IMO.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, TomScrut said:

Will that be just HST cars or some other stuff?

Also out of interest in the GWR Sir Kenneth Grange pack which one is powered?

They should do SKG on its own to mix in with other PCs IMO.

The intention on that comment was aimed towards these power cars, but now you've mentioned it....some other items may randomly appear. But as we are so busy at the moment, I don't want to make any promises ;-) 

Unfortunately I haven't seen the SKG pack in the flesh as I've been out of the office today, but I'll take a look as soon as I have one in my hand. To save clogging this thread up, I will PM you. :-) HTH

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Derails Models said:

Evening all! Thought I better just clear up a few bits here:

• We rarely use eBay, as some may know they take 10% fees from sellers. This means each sale of these sets has cost us £26 in fees, and is part of the reason we charge the £9.90 postage as selling via our own site is considerably cheaper in that regard which allows us to offer the free-postage there. However, this voucher meant eBay was to good to resist as it meant we could offer people £50 directly from eBay's pocket! They foot the bill when it comes to giving the discounts so it's a win-win on all sides - I don't know about you but I love giving away free money, especially when it's a big corp like eBay!
  • The voucher itself wasn't anything to do with us - it was eBay! For some reason that eBay account was selected to be part of the 'PICKSMALLBIZ' 20% off voucher offer (T&C's here). You are automatically opted in to it, you can't opt out and it's just one of those special offers eBay do themselves. We had some spare of these new PC's so thought "hey, lets give some people some good deals". They were advertised at the standard 10% discount every Hornby dealer has to adhere to, and with you not being able to opt-out, it seemed a too-good-to-be-true opportunity!
  • A good proportion of those who've ordered are regulars of ours as we wanted to make sure that no-one missed out. In fact we wanted to make sure of this so much, we even called as many people as we could who had these sets on pre-order with us directly and actively told them to go and order them from eBay! We've now either refunded or moved their £20 deposits elsewhere so again, everyone wins. We like to actively take care of our customers, and although that sometimes that results in unconventional practice, as long as YOU win in one way or another, we are happy!
  • We have only put a limited number on eBay, and you'll notice now that they are sold out as of course, we have to keep some for our own website. HOWEVER: this is only a proportion of what is arriving so some may be appearing again next week, as the PICKSMALLBIZ offer runs till the 30th June. Keep an eye out there, you may notice a few more appear here and there.
  • There was some issues with the postage options on a few very early orders. I will be looking into each order on a case-by-case basis and contacting those affected. 

Cheers for the support, apologies for any confusion and thanks to anyone who ordered!

Ciao!

Thanks for clearing that up. Ordered then saw the name and location and it clicked. Glad they have helped you with this offer and you've had more of the money paid and I got a good deal.  Same for the SDR as well

Will keep an eye out, easier to get the wife to agree if its cheap like that ;)

Cheers 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1