Bargain Hunters Mark 2

2 hours ago, Kris said:

Lots more deals on Amazon for Hornby have been put on overnight for Black Friday.

By using Amazon's offers I have just got £60 off a purchase. £40 for getting an Amazon credit card and £20 for adding a MasterCard on. I have no intention of using either.

GENERAL WARNING - do not apply for a credit card unless you are certain of your current credit score and how it might be affected by taking out a card, also  do read the T&C's about the card.

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

TBH I looked at the Hornby deals and they seem pretty sparse and very few of them, not sure if I am looking in the correct place now!

If these are what you're seeing that's it. Less than what they did the other day but they gave me £20 for adding my debit card so mustn't grumble.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/s?k=Hornby&rh=p_n_specials_match%3A21583550031&dc&qid=1637313642&rnid=21583549031&ref=sr_nr_p_n_specials_match_1

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, ruggedpeak said:

Model Rail mag have some discounts on their exclusives

http://www.modelrailoffers.co.uk/c/1111/Bargain-Clearance

Caution there..

The 16xx have a known circuit board fault.

If you buy them, are they fixed ? Or unwarranted for that fix, knowing your buying them with a fault at a discount ?

I dont know but thought its worth to raise.

specific post.

Edited by adb968008
  • Thanks 1

I was on the verge of buying one of these model rail panniers until I read the above post. It would be nice to get some clarification of the situation regarding the circuit board problem that it does nor affect any of the currently advertised models and posted on this site for the wider audience.

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, NINJA said:

I was on the verge of buying one of these model rail panniers until I read the above post. It would be nice to get some clarification of the situation regarding the circuit board problem that it does nor affect any of the currently advertised models and posted on this site for the wider audience.

Maybe worth asking here?:

And a reminder that models are discussed in the relevant threads please.

If anyone does have any concerns regarding the quality of a bargain, then it's probably more advisable to post the link to the relevant manufacturer thread.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 2