Bargain Hunters Mark 2

10 hours ago, Chrisr40 said:

20% off train tickets to NEC with Virgin trains if you are booking up early for the Warley Show in November.

9 hours ago, woodenhead said:

I always miss this as I go from Manchester and you can't do a Virgin to Birmingham direct - if I go from Warrington, the parking is cheaper, the train will be less crowded probably (as not XC) and I can get 20% off.

Tried to book, all went a bit Pete Tong - tickets in my basket but something wrong on the website - I can't buy and I can't start over.

Seems it couldn't compute that for NEC I would go from Warrington and get a discount but for GETS I will go from Manchester and not have a discount.

Oh well try again tomorrow.

15 hours ago, Chrisr40 said:

20% off train tickets to NEC with Virgin trains if you are booking up early for the Warley Show in November.

Good deal if you are a full paying adult but for the many seniors and some students attending who own railcards the railcard discount is greater. (Railcards can’t be used with this offer).

8 hours ago, bart2day said:

Good deal if you are a full paying adult but for the many seniors and some students attending who own railcards the railcard discount is greater. (Railcards can’t be used with this offer).

I'm sure Railcard holders already know this.

It was a good bit of info for people.

Edited by dasatcopthorne
spelling
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Chrisr40 said:

Hope you get it sorted wooden head. £6.80 from london to Birmingham is bonkers cheap when it costs me double that to go from medway towns in kent to london.

Sorted, but I've decided to go a little later for £10 and return first class for £19 so I don't have to cram into a Voyager at 6pm.

• Funny 1

36 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

Rails of Sheffield having a Bachmann sale.  Looks like a manufacturers Dump-a-Thon clearing the warehouse.

https://railsofsheffield.com/groups/2832/Bachmann-sale-

6 minutes ago, timbowilts said:

Nah, just getting rid of what they can’t shift through Hattons

Looks like the remaining stuff that began the Hattons sale of the century 12 months ago I'm not saying this has come from Hattons but Bachmann must have had a heck of a lot of these unsold.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

Limited Edition model with DCC sound that's sold out nearly everywhere?

Yes. It's a bargain. But only if you want that version.

Jason

A quick search found several sellers with stock

The first place I looked was here: https://railsofsheffield.com/products/36587/Bachmann-32-781sdds-oo-gauge-32-781sdds-class-37116-in-br-blue-special-livery-diesel-locomotive-regional-special-edition-dcc-sound-fitted

Admittedly not quite so cheap. Only 12% discounted.:(

eBay Freightliner store https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/freightliner_store has the Bachmann Class 08 08624 for £95.00 and postage of £2.20.

Both cheaper model and postage than most other places.

Also, look out for a redeem code to get another £5.00 off. Mayby this is unique to each eBay buyer, don't know, but I was able to use it. It was placed in the middle of the screen around where it says 'Click & Collect'. Cannot find it now (as I've used it). Total price with voucher £92.20 inc delivery

• Like 2

Hobbyking is having a (late?) September Cybersale. Seems to be plenty of scenic items available. Just be careful about which 'warehouse' you are choosing from, as that can (adversely) affect the shipping cost/time. I just chose from those items in the UK warehouse.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/2019-cyber-september/vehicles/train.html

• Like 2

In Lidl this week are these handy LED Reading glasses which come in a range of magnifications and include a spare set of batteries, and all for about £3 if I recall correctly……..these are ideal for the wee jobs where one struggles due to a combination of age and poor light conditions.

LED Readinf Glasses.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Plenty of interest coming up in Lidl from Sunday 13th,

First, their Parkside soldering station - £19.99.  48w, "finely adjustable" 200 - 450C temperature range with with three presets, soldering iron and holder with two spare tips, 2 reels of solder and a 3-year warranty.  At that price must be worth consideation though I'd probably be a bit concerned as to availability and range of spare tips.

Secondly, their cordless soldering iron at a mere £6.99.  It claims a temperature range up to 450C.  This might be useful for a prtable or exhibition layout though I think I'd keep a conventional iron at hand just in case....

And finally, their delightful Profi Precision Tool Kit at £5.99.  I've got one and it is really quite classy - 35 pieces including a Magnetic hex head bit holder, Flexible extension (for clockwise use only), Magnifying glass with 2.5x magnification, Stainless steel mini diagonal pliers, Stainless steel tweezers, and 30 S2 steel precision bits, 28mm.  I really love mine!

DT

Edited by Torper
  • Thanks 4