Bargain Hunters Mark 2

• RMweb Gold
On 12/12/2019 at 19:08, big jim said:

Funnily enough I just had a look in the Asda in Nuneaton and none in there either, I was going to grab one as a ‘secret Santa’ gift for someone had they had any 

Nor Weymouth, yesterday. £25 would have been an OK price for the bits of the set I would have been using.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Pete 75C said:

Link added.

Is the RRP really £219.95?

I remember picking a blue one up a couple of years ago for £60ish. Happy days.

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/51205/31-379-Bachmann-2EPB-2-Car-EMU-Set-number-5771-in-BR-Green

Looks a good deal but.............you’d have to lay a third rail........bummer :lol:

12 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Rails.......City of Truro.......NRM........£149........just came through on email........I could not resist :D

Monogram and Great(crest)Western liveries.

I was GOOD and didn't buy either....  :(

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, Pete 75C said:

Link added.

Is the RRP really £219.95?

I remember picking a blue one up a couple of years ago for £60ish. Happy days.

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/51205/31-379-Bachmann-2EPB-2-Car-EMU-Set-number-5771-in-BR-Green

HI,

RRP on a 4 CEP is now £449.95. I'm currently saving up for a 4 BEP, a Class 117 and a 2HAP.

Regards

Nick

• RMweb Premium
On 12/12/2019 at 19:08, big jim said:

Funnily enough I just had a look in the Asda in Nuneaton and none in there either, I was going to grab one as a ‘secret Santa’ gift for someone had they had any 

I went to collect the one I ordered on line from my local ASDA (Coryton).

I needn't have bothered ordering. They have more than ten on the shelf. Oddly, there is no mention of the price being a reduction.

It came very nicely packed, in a tightly fitting plain cardboard box, which was inside another tightly fitting cardboard box. 

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, boxbrownie said:

Rails.......City of Truro.......NRM........£149........just came through on email........I could not resist :D

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Monogram and Great(crest)Western liveries.

I was GOOD and didn't buy either....  :(

Isn't £149 the normal price ?

• RMweb Premium
58 minutes ago, amdaley said:

Isn't £149 the normal price ?

Well I’ve never seen them that cheap before, and Hattons have three secondhand ones for over £200 each :blink:

When they first came out I am sure they were over what I would have paid for one just because they were NRM versions, but these are the price of a normal kettle.

58 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Well I’ve never seen them that cheap before, and Hattons have three secondhand ones for over £200 each :blink:

When they first came out I am sure they were over what I would have paid for one just because they were NRM versions, but these are the price of a normal kettle.

Locomotion have them for £149 as well.

On 12/12/2019 at 19:06, ruggedpeak said:

Asda website saying they are all sold out. Expecting a flurry of micro layouts on RMWeb soon!

You'd probably better looking at the 10+ listings that have appeared on eBay over the weekend. Think more people have bought with the view to making a buck as opposed to a layout, and to be honest, the way that high end models are priced nowadays, I really don't blame them. 

Edited by Trojmiasto

11 hours ago, NIK said:

HI,

RRP on a 4 CEP is now £449.95. I'm currently saving up for a 4 BEP, a Class 117 and a 2HAP.

Regards

Nick

Hyperinflation at its finest - making items look far more of a bargain than they actually are to drive secondary sales post initial release.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Trojmiasto said:

You'd probably better looking at the 10+ listings that have appeared on eBay over the weekend. Think more people have bought with the view to making a buck as opposed to a layout, and to be honest, the way that high end models are priced nowadays, I really don't blame them. 

Maybe ASDA should have bunged them all on ebay at RRP then...

• RMweb Gold

https://www.cheltenhammodelcentre.com/model-railways~1203-c.html?v=grid&start=0

Coke hoppers at less than £12 each if you buy the 3 pack

Thats a heck of a lot of wagon for your readies....

And I will repeat several times ...... I do not need a Lord Phil .....

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

I have to say both the big box shifters Christmas advent bargains didn't really strike me as proper bargains, more being offered at the prices they should have been retailed at from the get go.

And apart from the Dapol Class 50, there was nothing in N scale, again.

• Agree 3

40 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

I have to say both the big box shifters Christmas advent bargains didn't really strike me as proper bargains, more being offered at the prices they should have been retailed at from the get go.

You go and tell the Chinese workers that they can't have a better standard of living,  so we can enjoy cheap toys.

43 minutes ago, MM1991 said:

You go and tell the Chinese workers that they can't have a better standard of living,  so we can enjoy cheap toys.

What a strange thing to say. You are aware of the title of this thread? If you'd like to start another where those so inclined can pay more...

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, John M Upton said:

And apart from the Dapol Class 50, there was nothing in N scale, again.

Correct Mr. Upton,  Seems to be a quick buck to be made on the must have it now brigade and bargains come at at a later stage.

It is very annoying to have forked out top dollar for a model only to find it mark down considerably after a relative short period of time. Nothing Grabbed me either. Some of the Same bargains were really out there earlier in the year.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2