Bargain Hunters Mark 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Phil

Sorry about that guys thought I had found something then.

Still they seem to have some cheap limited edition Deltics.

The DPS catalogue lists Bachmann A2 Bachelors Button for £99 plus £4 p&p, which is a good bargain. Nest best price I am aware of is Rails who have A2s for £109 IIRC.

Steve

• Like 1

BRM seem to have produced a SPECIAL edition of the December 2017 issue with the DVD for only 99p.

The 99p is NOT a label but part of the cover design and I bought my copy from Sussex Stationers who are part of WH Smiths, so I presume you will also be able to buy from a normal WHS outlet.

I also bought the December 2017 issue of Hornby Magazine with Free Calendar in a cellophane wrapper. Magazine cover shows price of £4.50 so was very surprised when the total for both magazines was just £2.99!! Yes, you read that correctly, and when I looked at the till receipt, it showed Hornby Magazine at £2.00. Now that's what I call a bargain!!

What a nice surprise at this expensive time of year!

Enjoy

I was going to post about BRM being 99p in Smiths (Although full price in the hospital shop where I work!) But hadn't seen the Hornby Mag price all will have to call in another Smiths. (Or see if it rings through at £2 in work)

• Like 1

Hornby 14mm wheels £6.60

/www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004648IAU/ref=s9_acsd_zgift_hd_bw_bOdzB9_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-11&pf_rd_r=ZQ4HKKGWNY7C3X9EJA4J&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=de7cc822-b1a8-581f-82ed-92d4a4e64698&pf_rd_i=364162031

Not sure if that seems too cheap considering the seller has zero feedback?

If you buy through PayPal you get your money back if they don’t send the item.

I’ve just purchased one so I will let you know how I get on.

Edited by andymac-2008
  • Like 1

Hornby R1210 Santa's Express Christmas Train Set

Santa's Express Christmas Train Set

£24.99 Free postage on E-bay at the moment only six sets left

What I like is

"Item location: wigan, United Kingdom",

followed by

"Free P&P    United Kingdom    Services from outside UK (FedEx International Economy)"

Its a while since I've been to Wigan, but I never realised it was outside the UK!

What I like is

"Item location: wigan, United Kingdom",

followed by

"Free P&P    United Kingdom    Services from outside UK (FedEx International Economy)"

Its a while since I've been to Wigan, but I never realised it was outside the UK!

I have...not so much different country as different planet.

• Like 1

If you buy through PayPal you get your money back if they don’t send the item.

I’ve just purchased one so I will let you know how I get on.

Was only 2 left after I bought mine, so enough of us willing to take a punt I guess as they went quick.

Back to bargains

Take a look at this seller on eBay, who has some very interesting castings in OO - I have seen similar prices for resin castings of power plants but not as well detailed. The distribution transformer looks excellent but only one left now.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282727142772

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282726418095

I have a set, the transformer is a very good casting and bargain.

• RMweb Premium

Spotted whilst in my local Asda in Wigan, Hornby R1205 Western Freight Hauler Train set https://direct.asda.com/george/toys-character/cars-trains-planes/Hornby-western-freight-hauler-train/050215367,default,pd.html reduced from £60 to £40, also available online.

Box is branded 'exclusive to Asda.'

Hornby is currently listing an industrial version of GWR 101 at £32.99 RRP, so for an extra £7 you get 3 wagons, circle of track & a basic controller.

Moxy

• RMweb Gold

All those who are BRM subscribers will already have to hand our 2017 Strathwood Christmas Gift Ideas Catalogue filled with lots of bargains, multibuy discounts, new titles and other great ideas to stop our loved ones spending money on stuff we don't want for Christmas.

Full details in our ads in the railway press or visit our website www.strathwood.co.uk for lots of savings this festive season.

Kevin Derrick

Strathwood

• RMweb Gold

TIGER STORAGE BOXES.

https://uk.flyingtiger.com/

Can't find a product guide to illustrate these, but these shops have small storage boxes in the fashion of Really Useful Boxes for 1 and 2 euros each.

I'm assuming that being a global company these will be available in the UK also, if not apologies, but it hardly seems worth starting a "gangas en Espana" thread!

I bought a couple in Alicante to try yesterday, and they seem satisfactory for our purposes, the Benidorm branch will be getting a visit in the not too distant future for further stocks.

Mike.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Coming up on the Amazon Black Friday deal today shortly after 3pm https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hornby-R1155-Virgin-Pendolino-Electric/dp/B0051TCMTM/ref=sr_1_cc_3?s=aps&psr=EY17&ie=UTF8&qid=1511082047&sr=1-3-catcorr&keywords=Hornby - This is a short term deal, and the exact price won't show until the deal goes live, but if you are after one of these it might be worth a look. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

ALL SOLD THANKS

I have some unopened Woodland Scenics Pine Tree kits on Ebay bought with a job-lot of scenic stuff. Going for £8 a pack. Mods please remove if this infringes rules and my apologies.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=woodland+scenics+trees&LH_BIN=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xwoodland+scenics++pine+tree+kit.TRS0&_nkw=woodland+scenics++pine+tree+kit&_sacat=0

Edited by Rowsley17D