Bargain Hunters Mark 2

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Dangg said:

Just had a phone call from Hereford Model Centre apparently an error with website and they don't actually have any in stock. Oh well was worth a try. I ordered some other items anyway so hopefully they will turn up soon. 

Dan

Yes I got an email and a Paypal refund first thing this morning.....apparently not in stock :D

Edited by boxbrownie
  • Like 1

On 24/04/2020 at 17:18, Garry D100 said:

Next bargain.

Fancy an O gauge Lionheart Suburban B set for £240?

Bargain you might say, but then on top of that throw in a free 64xx and that is some deal

Could not resist, can you? ;-)

https://www.lionhearttrains.com/index.php?route=product/special

13 left right now.

Fantastic bargain, but am honestly a little frustrated having seen it now as I looked at the thread on Friday, but when I started seeing the various posts on the Amazon pricing algorithm, I switched off and sadly missed one of the bargains of the year for sure.

Please keep those bargains coming.

Edited by Trojmiasto
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

But they now have a few of you marked down as chancers to keep an eye on!!

Mike.

That’s OK us a few have them marked down as saying they were out of stock but oddly two days later showing several as being in stock......hmmm ;)

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

That’s OK us a few have them marked down as saying they were out of stock but oddly two days later showing several as being in stock......hmmm ;)

I had a bargain eBay win cancelled once with the comment 'Crushed by size nine' :mellow:

Bargain related content:

Dapol added an O gauge Class 08 to their sale.

https://www.Dapol.co.uk/110736-O-Gauge-Class-08-D3120-BR-Green-Early-Crest-Wasp-Stripes

• Friendly/supportive 1

14 hours ago, Trojmiasto said:

Fantastic bargain, but am honestly a little frustrated having seen it now as I looked at the thread on Friday, but when I started seeing the various posts on the Amazon pricing algorithm, I switched off and sadly missed one of the bargains of the year for sure.

Please keep those bargains coming.

They are now showing the Suburban B set for £200 without the loco, but still a bargain in itself as that is around half the price of the box shifters. Difficult to swallow when you may have missed out on the bundle,  but still a great deal for two O scale coaches with interior lights and a working tail lamp.

https://www.lionhearttrains.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=53

As I stated on Saturday, although I was ‘lucky’ enough to grab one of the last 2 sets, I’ll believe it when I have the loco and coaches in my hands. Not trying to be negative, just managing my expectations! I am not going to order up any O scale track until this parcel arrives, though will probably still make a start in O with a good bargain at some point, the models are just too tempting!

Edited by AshleyH

• RMweb Gold

No need to be sceptical if it will turn up just because it was such a bargain :-)

I spoke to Dapol this morning and the order is going through and the bundle will be despatched hopefully this week.

They are on low staff so delivery times can be extended.

But worry not, it will be on its way :-)

Now, might go back and look at that 08 thats there for £150 even though Its supposed to be an exclusive ltd ed for DCC supplies who are still selling it for over £200.

Mmmm this could get out of hand !! Lol

• Thanks 1

Thanks Garry! 
Yes, I re read my post and thought I might be sounding a bit too negative!

I too am tempted by that Dapol 08, I couldn’t understand the odd product code, as Dapol would usually take the format 7D-XXX-XXX, so that explains it. It is a good price and would go well with an early crest pannier, even though I doubt it is a Cornish-based 08. Mind you, one can take things too far and I am no scale modeller, just if it looks right. The Pannier probably never ventured near the St Ives branch. There is a good price on an LMS red Jinty tank as well......

https://www.Dapol.co.uk/7S-026-DCC1 Jinty 3f 0-6-0-LMS-Maroon-16410-DCC-Supplies-Special?page=4

Edited by AshleyH
  • Informative/Useful 1

There is a rather nice page of information on the pannier tank 6435 here. Nearest depot allocation being Yeovil Town, but she has made it in to Cornwall in preservation at the Bodmin and Wenford Railway, nearly St Ives!

https://preservedbritishsteamlocomotives.com/6435-2/

The Class 08 D3120 had a rather shorter life, being withdrawn in 1967, after just 12 years in service, and cut up the following year!

I see that the LMS Crimson Jinty tank is another special exclusive to DCC Supplies, so not sure what is going on there. The prototype made it in to preservation.

• Informative/Useful 1

29 minutes ago, AshleyH said:

There is a rather nice page of information on the pannier tank 6435 here. Nearest depot allocation being Yeovil Town, but she has made it in to Cornwall in preservation at the Bodmin and Wenford Railway, nearly St Ives!

https://preservedbritishsteamlocomotives.com/6435-2/

The Class 08 D3120 had a rather shorter life, being withdrawn in 1967, after just 12 years in service, and cut up the following year!

I see that the LMS Crimson Jinty tank is another special exclusive to DCC Supplies, so not sure what is going on there. The prototype made it in to preservation.

:offtopic: Before the thread police start moaning...

The LMS and BR red Jinty are preservation only I'm afraid. The S&DJR ones weren't blue either. They were black.

Jason

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

oh thanks... my plan to make a class 357 may now come off...

Hurry up.

As soon as the repainting brigade learn that there's a real 170 in the new East Midlands colours on the way, then at that price......

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, newbryford said:

Hurry up.

As soon as the repainting brigade learn that there's a real 170 in the new East Midlands colours on the way, then at that price......

Are you getting one as one of the respray brigade for deadman’s lane Mick? 

Edited by big jim

• RMweb Gold

I think a similar thing happened with Hereford models over their limited class 108, someone posted it and they flew out the door. Hopefully a much needed financial shot in the arm for them at this difficult time.

• Agree 7

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, bart2day said:

What the hell! There were six of these this morning and now all gone! :o

Crikey, all 6 were there a couple of hours back, I was just contemplating buying one, ah well ya snooze ya lose !

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 24/04/2020 at 23:49, TomScrut said:

Ok, here is a potential deal then...

https://www.collettsmodelshop.co.uk/product/Hornby-r3399-ews-freight-train-pack-with-class-67-in-ews-livery-and-three-mha-open-wagons/

Not in stock but they specifically say in the title of that category they are available from Hornby so lead time is longer. Given the cheapest I can find 3 separately numbered Coalfishes is £55 that's a cheap loco! I was thinking of ordering it and getting the 67 resprayed

I know offers on this pack have been shared before on here but this is the cheapest I have seen by about £15

1 in stock as I passed the page, £114.99

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, letterspider said:

Not sure if anyone has flagged this up

Halfords 300ml rattle cans - many colours reduced

£7.50 down to £3

Which are the most useful "general" ones to go for - primers, black etc.?  Thanks

edit: Just had a look at the Halfords site - any possible useful colours (for me, at least) seem to be at full price :(

Edited by polybear

Back to Hereford Models, I've had my eye on a Green Bachmann 105 with Speed Whiskers (31-326) for a while, and as its payday tomorrow I've decided to take the plunge. Link here: http://herefordmodels.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=340_350_355_357&products_id=6739

£80, 1 left. Absolute bargain when you consider that Hattons have one available secondhand for £212!  

EDIT: 25 minutes after my post and the last one has gone already! 

Edited by NXEA!
  • Like 1