Works for me too, I nearly bought stuff from Hereford and Ellis Clark but managed to resist, so the thread is doing it's purpose.

At the end of the day this thread is a friendly nod towards bargains not a ComparetheMarket price comparison page

• Agree 11
2 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Works for me too, I nearly bought stuff from Hereford and Ellis Clark but managed to resist, so the thread is doing it's purpose.

I didn’t resist, so the thread is REALLY doing it’s job :lol:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, leopardml2341 said:

That's why Mk2 came about - all it takes is a bit of self discipline to simply post a bargain..........

Many times (and again) I've said a bargain is in the eye of the purchaser; I thought this offered good value:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Pack-of-4mm-Scale-00-Detailing-Assorted-Grilles-Lucky-dip-min-15-per-pack/143279689662?hash=item215c228fbe:g:p3EAAOSwTpheNDeJ

Hardly up to date though, I hope the goods still exist, I quote;

Please note our cut-off time for last Christmas post this year 2018 is the 15th December. in order to stand a good chance of being delivered before Christmas. 

Mike.

10 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Please note our cut-off time for last Christmas post this year 2018 is the 15th December. in order to stand a good chance of being delivered before Christmas. 

Mike.

Maybe the lockdown in Doncaster started then?

• Funny 1
16 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Mike.

I ordered some yesterday and they are on their way.....

2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

At the end of the day this thread is a friendly nod towards bargains not a ComparetheMarket price comparison page

Agreed. Works for me too. It's absolutely fine.

As a rule of thumb I scan the messages for a link. If there's no link I assume there's no bargain to be had. For me this works 95% of the time. If its a response to a bargain then the header usually gives a clue.

The only thing I detest is someone posting that they got the last of a 'bargain'. I don't see the point in boasting and find it as irritating as being rude or abusive.

Lets all be polite and appreciative and I'm sure it will work for the majority of us.

At the end of the day it's akin to those who complain about TV programmes when there's an OFF button - If you don't like the thread you don't have to read it.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
7 hours ago, woodenhead said:

I agree with you - the purpose of my post wasn't to suggest something of that format. It was more to go hand in hand with the fact that this is a forum, and whilst the topic of what should and shouldn't be posted within this thread has come up previously, posts inevitably generate some form of discussion, so it was a thought to try to facilitate that whilst still providing a format to view posted bargains.

Edited by Trojmiasto

Freightliner MJAs £36.50 a pair at KMS, only 2 numbers in stock:

https://www.kmsrailtech.co.uk/4mm-wagon-packs/551-mja-freightliner-heavy-haul-bogie-box-van-502005-006.html

https://www.kmsrailtech.co.uk/4mm-wagon-packs/550-mja-freightliner-heavy-haul-bogie-box-van-502019-020.html

These were at £38 for a while (as I bought my GBRF ones from there) but £36.50 is cheapest I have seen MJAs.

Also ScotRail HST power cars at £210:

https://www.kmsrailtech.co.uk/bargains/2578-135-scotrail-class-43-hst-power-cars-43033-and-43183-era-11-r3698.html#/6-dcc_options-no_dcc_added/8-custom_weathered_alex-no_custom_weathering_required

Not very often I see brand new power cars near £200, especially since it's this month they come into peak relevance with the coaches coming in a few weeks

Edited by TomScrut
2 hours ago, big jim said:

no, I don’t want it, just sharing the love 

No worries - just thought i'd check before doing so. Given the excitement over Ellis Clark and Hereford, I was conscious of the possibility of a number of people calling up to ask the same question!

1 hour ago, NXEA! said:

Just checked back and there are some new additions at Clarks Railworks, seemingly all Heljan. Lots of 33's in various liveries for £85, a plain green 27 for £85, a Baby Deltic for £85 and a Hymek for £90. Also several new 1361 and 1366 Panniers available for £75 too.  https://clarkrailworks.com/collections/oo-gauge

Thanks - saw an interesting (and honest) video review on Youtube recently of a 1361 - link is here in case anyone is interested in purchasing one of them:

2 hours ago, NXEA! said:

Just checked back and there are some new additions at Clarks Railworks, seemingly all Heljan. Lots of 33's in various liveries for £85, a plain green 27 for £85, a Baby Deltic for £85 and a Hymek for £90. Also several new 1361 and 1366 Panniers available for £75 too.  https://clarkrailworks.com/collections/oo-gauge

Yes thanks for that, I am going to have to unfollow this thread.......just bought the 47.......it was the 31 a few days ago.....this lockdown is killing my bank balance :lol:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3
4 hours ago, boxbrownie said:

Yes thanks for that, I am going to have to unfollow this thread.......this lockdown is killing my bank balance :lol:

Don't think about the money you're spending, but the money you're saving.....:yahoo:

• Like 3
  • Funny 3
16 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Just watched Sam’s video review and it looks like a very poor loco.  I thought Hejan considered themselves a premium supplier?  

Kind regards 

Paddy

They are. 

As for watching the videos, poor thing. I wouldn't put myself through such an ordeal. Do people really take the lad seriously? Playing trains on the carpet still I see. No wonder his models don't work.

Anyone who thinks the DJM model is better than the Heljan version needs to go to Specsavers. Just on looks the Heljan is vastly superior. Or do people not know what the prototypes actually look like? There is one glaring error that once seen is never forgotten.

Clue. Splish Splash I was havin' a bath  :laugh:

You know, those big things over the wheels. Nice aren't they?  ;) 

Buy a Heljan version. Any problems send it back and get a replacement. Spares? Gaugemaster are their UK stockists.

So you buy a DJM one. Where's the spares? At the end of the bargepole that I wouldn't touch one with.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Agree 8
  • Funny 1