3 hours ago, 30801 said:

Right fans of purple A4s.

XBite World 'We hadn't any in stock at £87.99' have now listed Walther K Whigham on their eBay shop.

With the POCKET20 discount code applied it's £117.59 which is significantly cheaper than anywhere else. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-BR-A4-Class-4-6-2-Walter-K-Whigham-Era-4-Model-Train/373188265695

Same discount code is now also appearing for me on South Devon Railway shop. Can't figure out how to link to all their listings from the app but here is a listing to help get to the rest.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383653209020

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
2 hours ago, SR71 said:

Same discount code is now also appearing for me on South Devon Railway shop. Can't figure out how to link to all their listings from the app but here is a listing to help get to the rest.

You can search for items included in the promotion, a search for "model railway" also reveals a whole load of railway modelling books too!

5 hours ago, SR71 said:

I tried the discount code to an address in Northern Ireland but it said it couldn't be applied to my order ?

I've tried this before with the same result.

Never found out why ?

2 hours ago, amdaley said:

I tried the discount code to an address in Northern Ireland but it said it couldn't be applied to my order ?

I've tried this before with the same result.

Never found out why ?

Strange; the T&Cs state UK:-

image.png

Edited by spamcan61
7 minutes ago, Edge said:

Review section seems to confirm that picture is accurate, and description is wrong. Still, not a bad price at all for ‘Stembok’ 

The  review doesn't have 'Verified Purchase' next to it so I think they're just pleased with themselves for looking at the picture. 

Personally I'd give weight to the description but if you don't want a B1 and it turns out to be one Amazon returns are easy.

I ordered this a bit ago when it was a similar price.

Despite the B1 picture I did receive a Q6 so go off description.

They got them transposed, if you search for B1 then you get a picture of a Q6 on one of the results.

HTH

• Informative/Useful 3
3 hours ago, spamcan61 said:

Strange; the T&Cs state UK:-

image.png

I'd say its not the address you are posting to but the address you are registered at which counts. 

• Agree 1
24 minutes ago, bartram108 said:

Cheers - managed to grab the last one!

They are good value especially if the 67 is of appeal. I got mine a while back for a similar price and put the 67 on eBay for £80 or 85 with the certificate and it sold within hours as I was just wanting the Coalfishes with unique numbers.

10 hours ago, Garry D100 said:

I ordered this a bit ago when it was a similar price.

Despite the B1 picture I did receive a Q6 so go off description.

They got them transposed, if you search for B1 then you get a picture of a Q6 on one of the results.

HTH

Okie dokie then - I’ve given it a whirl - wanted a Q6 for a long time, so we shall see what happens.

according to Amazon, because I have prime it should be with me by 7pm so I won’t have long to wait and find out 

Edited by Edge
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, 30801 said:

It should do. It was sold by Amazon itself and in stock for next day delivery.

Yeah but misprices are often canned and I'd be amazed if Hornby were happy at a limited edition of 100 being sold at 40% off on release!

1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

Yeah but misprices are often canned and I'd be amazed if Hornby were happy at a limited edition of 100 being sold at 40% off on release!

It's well past the "no discounts" phrase. These have been available for months.

It's when they do massive discounts immediately that is the problem.

When you had one or two model shops buying virtually the entire stock and selling them off at half price then something needed to be done.

Jason

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

It's well past the "no discounts" phrase. These have been available for months.

It's when they do massive discounts immediately that is the problem.

When you had one or two model shops buying virtually the entire stock and selling them off at half price then something needed to be done.

Jason

Oddly enough I have cancelled mine with Amazon as realistically it was very much an impulse purchase. 1 still available supposedly