Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Stuff on the Marklin-Trix website is RRP. There was a reduced VAT rate in Germany that is applied at checkout at all German dealers but that seems to have ended.

The loco mentioned is the cheaper Start series and that means it's not metal bodied boiler like most regular Trix and made in China not Germany or Hungary. The pictograms show which part of models are metal.

Edited by maico
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nova Scotian said:

Yes, apologies; my original post I had been mistaken in already thinking it was DCC, rather than being DCC ready. I edited, but could have done a better job.

 

It does have traction tires, but like the electrotren 0-6-0T this seems like a good candidate for a pugbash, or even a better starting point for the whole steampunk thing.

 

I wasn't sure on VAT, shipping etc (though it looked free/cheap?), and obviously post January things could change...

The Loco is indeed DCC (with fitted chip) but the controller is a normal DC version.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mel_H said:

If it's not been noted before, then the Bachmann 101 in 'refurbished white' is 40% off, making it £137 at Kernow. Stock levels show 'more than 10'. The 'going rate' seems to be around £170 normally

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/54537/32-289-Bachmann-Class-101-2-Car-DMU-BR-Refurbished-White-and-Blue

 

 

And for what it's worth, this seems to come with passengers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

More Rails bargains...

 

Not sure I have seen the 0 gauge Heljan Class 05 at this price before, £159.50:

 

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/31007/Heljan-2590-o-gauge-hunslet-class-05-br-green-no-wasp-stripes-shunter-locomotive

 

and the Bachmann LMS 5XP ‘Jubilee’ with Riveted Tender 45575 ‘Madras’ BR (Ex-LMS) Black (British Railways) for under £100:

 

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/30581/Bachmann-31-190-oo-gauge-madras-british-railways-br-lined-black-jubilee-class-4-6-0-steam-locomotive-no-45575

 

cheers,

 

Keith

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by tractionman
inf added
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tractionman said:

 

 

and the Bachmann LMS 5XP ‘Jubilee’ with Riveted Tender 45575 ‘Madras’ BR (Ex-LMS) Black (British Railways) for under £100:

 

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/30581/Bachmann-31-190-oo-gauge-madras-british-railways-br-lined-black-jubilee-class-4-6-0-steam-locomotive-no-45575

 

 

 

 

Hmmm - tempting to do as 45690 for my railtour rake...

 

Anyway:

I think we've had these before. (apologies if that's the case)

 

Janus shunters at £49.50 and sound fitted for £150. (Which is pretty good for a sound loco)

 

https://www.hattons.co.uk/newsdetail.aspx?id=567&utm_campaign=mar-102-gvhjanusdigitalsoundbackinstock&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Klaviyo&_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJtLmJyeWFuQGRjY2NvbmNlcHRzLmNvbSIsICJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogIkpHUWVYaCJ9

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Janus shunters at £49.50

 

That is a good price, I think they have been down to about £60 before but I don't recall them being as cheap as this.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, TomScrut said:

 

That is a good price, I think they have been down to about £60 before but I don't recall them being as cheap as this.

 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Golden-Valley-Hobbies-GV2015-PORT-OF-LONDON-JANUS-0-6-0-DIESEL-DCC-Ready-/123345124192

 

This one is not much more, and it's doing me no favours, do I really need two fictitious BR locomotives,

 

Mike.

Edited by Enterprisingwestern
link.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Golden-Valley-Hobbies-GV2015-PORT-OF-LONDON-JANUS-0-6-0-DIESEL-DCC-Ready-/123345124192

 

This one is not much more, and it's doing me no favours, do I really need two fictitious BR locomotives,

 

 

They have weathered liveries too though for some reason the pictures show pristine wheels & motion.

 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Golden-Valley-Hobbies-GV2014-Weathered-BP-British-Petroleum-Janus-0-6-0-Diesel-/113471027884?hash=item1a6b667aac

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be offering daily discounts on one product each day on my website, as a lot of other retailers have been doing, hopefully this helps a few people who are looking for a lockdown project. The deals will be on dcc sound upgrade speakers and maybe the odd tool or accessory, I will post them all on my Facebook page but I wont clog up this thread with them all, don't worry!

 

The first one is my current best selling speaker for £5.99, these were originally £9.99. Find more details and a video of the speaker below.

 

https://www.roads-and-rails.co.uk/collections/speakers/products/25x25x7mm-square-megabass-speaker-4-ohm

 

Richard

 

 

Edited by Richard Croft
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jafcreasey said:

 

Why have you created a www.t.co web link to the Rails page and not the proper one, either as:

https://railsofsheffield.com/groups/3244/oo-deal-of-the-day

or as this?

 

I would be very suspicious of any post which has a link not to where I am expecting.

 

( @AY Mod I wanted to remove the full email address in the quote above, for safety sake, but seem unable to edit text in a quote)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Damo666 said:

Why have you created a www.t.co web link to the Rails page and not the proper one, either as:

https://railsofsheffield.com/groups/3244/oo-deal-of-the-day

or as this?

 

I would be very suspicious of any post which has a link not to where I am expecting.

 

( @AY Mod I wanted to remove the full email address in the quote above, for safety sake, but seem unable to edit text in a quote)

 

Indeed. "short links" are an unnecessary security risk.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Damo666 said:

Why have you created a www.t.co web link to the Rails page and not the proper one, either as:

https://railsofsheffield.com/groups/3244/oo-deal-of-the-day

or as this?

 

I copied the link address of the Rails of Sheffield Tweet and then the forum embedded it.  Nothing has been deliberately added or changed - my apologies for trying to share a 'bargain'.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jafcreasey said:

 

I copied the link address of the Rails of Sheffield Tweet and then the forum embedded it.  Nothing has been deliberately added or changed - my apologies for trying to share a 'bargain'.

No need to apologise. It was the concern for a link which clearly wasn't the RoS website, especially as such short links can be a security risk.

 

I don't use Twitter, so I don't know how (or why) links may be changed when copied, but I guess I (we ?) learned something today.

 

There was certainly no criticism on posting a bargain. It was actually appreciated.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies in advance if this has already been mentioned

 

Scenecraft Clearance

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/c/1666/Scenecraft-Clearance

 

e.g.

Bachmann Scenecraft Container Terminal Crane

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/43441/44-0009-Bachmann-Scenecraft-Container-Terminal-Crane

Saving £72.96 (42.93%) on RRP (£169.95)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, IamDaniel said:

TMC have quite a few different Bachmann Mk1s for £23.99.

 

https://www.themodelcentre.com/searchanise/result?q=Mk1&page=1&rb_scale=OO+Gauge+(1%3A76+Scale)&rb_categories=Coaches&tab=products&sort_by=price&sort_order=asc&rb_manufacturer=Bachmann

 

Happy to be corrected, but I haven't seen them cheaper elsewhere? Have just bought three crimson/cream FKs. :)

According to the TMC ad in this month's BRM you can have an additional 5% discount off the already discounted price using the code"MORE" at the checkout, plus orders over £60.00 appear to be post free if ordered online.:D

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

Apologies in advance if this has already been mentioned

 

Scenecraft Clearance

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/c/1666/Scenecraft-Clearance

 

e.g.

Bachmann Scenecraft Container Terminal Crane

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/43441/44-0009-Bachmann-Scenecraft-Container-Terminal-Crane

Saving £72.96 (42.93%) on RRP (£169.95)

 

 

 

I've not seen it mentioned but they seem to be on offer in several places - Rails, TMC as well. Prices seem to vary slightly on some things so depends what you're looking for.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the offers on at TMC this weekend I thought looked good, Class 37 £99.42:

 

Screenshot_20201108-122832_Chrome.jpg.8657f78a3f8827ed41928b1be5010269.jpg

 

https://www.themodelcentre.com/32-376a-Bachmann-oo-gauge-class-37-4-refurbished-37422-robert-f-fairlie-br-regional-railways-weathered

 

I know some shops have had it around here before but not of late.

 

Also this which I don't know much about but thought it looked good for a 3 car DMU, class 117 for £240.94:

 

Screenshot_20201108-124235_Chrome.jpg.091f74f5e5b0cb43c103312bd8f55445.jpg

 

https://www.themodelcentre.com/35-501-Bachmann-oo-gauge-class-117-3-car-dmu-br-blue-grey

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.