Jump to content
We are aware of the intermittent site speed issues at the moment. Please be patient and don't repeatedly click things as that compounds the issue.

Bargain Hunters Mark 2


Recommended Posts

  • RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, cypherman said:

One thing I must confess though is that I am a collector of a vintage railway items. So things some of you might  think are worthless are milk and honey to me.

 

This thread is really for posting things that you can go and buy...

But in a similar vein and maybe not everyone would call this a bargain...

Spot On in Swindon have a 'we found it in the other shop' new-old-stock R154 Sir Dinadan from the 70's

https://www.spotonmodels.co.uk/products/r154-sr-loco-sir-dinadan

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 30801 said:

Have a look for Hornby on Amazon right now and look out for the red 'Limited time deal' flashes.

Some good savings to be had. By way of an example here's a Peckett for £55

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078YVT82M

They also have some very good deals on TTS decoders https://www.amazon.co.uk/deal/590c7b9f?showVariations=true&ref=deals_deals_deals-grid_dcell_img_13_590c7b9f_dt_slot-15_ccec

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold

Belmond Orient Express class 67 and 3 VSOE Belmond for £205… a good £60 cheaper than most other places..

 

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Hornby-R3750-Belmond-British-Pullman/dp/B07N89N8K7/ref=sr_1_1?crid=6QW4SOSJKYOL&dchild=1&keywords=Hornby&qid=1635782160&refinements=p_n_specials_match%3A21583550031&rnid=21583549031&sprefix=Hornby%2Caps%2C175&sr=8-1

 

12 left …

 

ive used the “smile.amazon.co.uk” link…. Which means in my specific nominated case Amazon just made a free donation to the Mid Hants Railway* from my purchase.

 

*any number of railway / nonrail charities available, if partaking in Amazons sale, dont forget them, it costs you nothing, but swapping www.amazon.co.uk for smile.amazon.co.uk in the url.

 

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Belmond Orient Express class 67 and 3 VSOE Belmond for £205… a good £60 cheaper than most other places..

 

And here is the other loco for £110 DCC fitted.

 

https://clarkrailworks.com/products/Hornby-oo-r3774-db-class-67-belmond-british-pullman-no-67025

 

The Amazon offer is about as cheap as I have seen it. I got mine for £200 I think it was from Bure Valley about 18 months ago and have never seen it cheaper than that.

 

Also worth noting that the 3 Pullman coaches from the R1038 Orient Express boxed set are names currently used by Belmond too although the roof colours don't quite match.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, 30801 said:

Have a look for Hornby on Amazon right now and look out for the red 'Limited time deal' flashes.

Some good savings to be had. By way of an example here's a Peckett for £55

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078YVT82M

The one day I don’t check the thread... How frustrating. 

 

Looking at the Hornby deals on Amazon, £105 for a B12 stands out - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hornby-R3546-Class-4-6-0-61576/dp/B0842VXQPZ?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_M_590c7b9f_249&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
On 02/11/2021 at 10:01, NXEA! said:

The one day I don’t check the thread... How frustrating. 

 

Looking at the Hornby deals on Amazon, £105 for a B12 stands out - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hornby-R3546-Class-4-6-0-61576/dp/B0842VXQPZ?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_M_590c7b9f_249&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

 

 

 

More Edit: back in the list again at £55

 

You're not out of luck yet.

Look at the 'other sellers' list on the right hand side of the page. Amazon are still listing it there at £55 with a note that ships when  it's due back in stock 27th November.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Hornby-Peckett-Williams-Robinson-Niclausse/dp/B078YVT82M

Edited by 30801
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold

Couple of items at A2B Model Railways that hit the bargain page:

 

Hornby Class 87 Caledonian Sleeper £109

 

https://www.a2bmodelrailways.co.uk/product-page/Hornby-r3751-class-87-87002-royal-sovereign-in-caledonian-sleeper-livery

 

Hornby Class 31 Network Rail £126

https://www.a2bmodelrailways.co.uk/product-page/Hornby-r3745-class-31-6-31602-driver-dave-green-in-network-rail-yellow

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold

A SPECIAL WELCOME TO STRATHWOOD FOR FIRST TIME CUSTOMERS

We want to welcome all of our new customers by offering you 15% off your first order when you sign up to our email newsletter.

 

Use code WELCOME15 at checkout.

 

A minimum spend of £25 applies and this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any of our current offers so a good excuse to pick up any titles you’ve been eyeing up outside of our 3 for 2 deal.

 

https://strathwood.co.uk/

 

1586472447_CAclipartdontmissout.png.072c4bff84d86308706404b3dad2fb0e.png

 

 

Kevin

Edited by Strathwood
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2021 at 11:23, timward55 said:

Ebay will be running a Black Friday promotion from 12-18 November. Sellers who have opted in will be offering a 20% discount. Hopefully will include model rail traders.

It weird - on the pc a search in the 20% discount box for Hornby brings up no results, on the mobile app 254. Bachmann is none on eiither, Heljan brings up 13 (no OO GW Railcar:() on the app

Edited by Butler Henderson
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Butler Henderson said:

It weird - on the pc a search in the 20% discount box for Hornby brings up no results, on the mobile app 254. Bachmann is none on eiither, Heljan brings up 13 (no OO GW Railcar:() on the app

 

Seems to be working for me.

Much Hornbyness...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/e/coupon-offers/12112120-generic?_kwdomcat=11450,131090,58058&_bkw=Hornby

Link to post
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Butler Henderson said:
On 11/11/2021 at 11:23, timward55 said:

Ebay will be running a Black Friday promotion from 12-18 November. Sellers who have opted in will be offering a 20% discount. Hopefully will include model rail traders.

It weird - on the pc a search in the 20% discount box for Hornby brings up no results, on the mobile app 254. Bachmann is none on eiither, Heljan brings up 13 (no OO GW Railcar:() on the app

I am finding a few Black Friday promotions with this seller.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Model-Railroads-Trains/180250/m.html?item=313649522128&_ssn=hobbystoregroup&_sop=15&_pgn=4&_skc=180&rt=nc

A few Hornby items coming up also:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Model-Railroads-Trains/180250/m.html?item=313649522128&_ssn=hobbystoregroup&_sop=15&_from=R40&Brand=Hornby&_sac=1&_nkw=Hornby&_pgn=2&_skc=60&rt=nc

Edited by cessna152towser
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...