Bargain Hunters Mark 2

• RMweb Premium

post-408-0-06983600-1512651291.jpg

Heading for another lockdown..........

On the bargain front, Cheltenham models did have some of the new release of Dapol 68s on their stand at Manchester Ex last week at £125.

Although they aren't listed on their website, it may be worth giving them a call.

Cheers,

Mick

Arghh CoY, you've brought politics into this thread now.

Just to throw in a Bargains update: Sawyers has nothing listed for Today's Advent.

There is today, the website must be playing up as there was a notification out on email list of it being Graham Farish N gauge figures

http://sawyermodels.co.uk/?product_cat=advent-calendar

Edited by GordonC

Not sure if it counts as a bargain but Asda Sittingbourne have a basic trainset with GWR 101 0-4-0 loco and three wagons plus track and controller on roll back to £40.  It had started at £120 and was then rolled back to £60 and now to £40.  I think I will wait until 27 December when I expect it will be sub £40 - I can then sell off the parts individually on eBay for a huge profit...

Regards,

Steve

We've just had a branch of The Works open in Sheringham and my daughter picked this up as an early Christmas present for me...

post-17811-0-96361100-1512725745.jpg

https://www.theworks.co.uk/p/transport-books/haynes-london-underground-manual/9780857333698

Available in-store and online for £6 instead of £22.99. It's quite a decent read and is full of cut-away drawings and diagrams as well as photos and artwork. Might be of interest to some.

Edit: I've just been back into The Works on the way to the post office. They're also doing the Haynes Flying Scotsman manual for £6, although I can't find it online, just in-store. May be of interest to some, but the only kettle that appeals to me right now is the one I can use to make tea, as it's bleedin' cold out...

Edited by Pete 75C
  • Like 3

Thanks for staying with us! :)

They're also ghosted images for tomorrow's advent offer :)

• RMweb Premium

Ryman are doing Really Useful Boxes at:

3 for £10 for the 4 litre box (A4 sized, good for 5 00 locos/coaches) and

3 for £14 for the 9 litre box (A4, double layer as above)

Cheers,

Mick

Ian Allan Birmingham update.

As of 17:00 today:

7 Wickham trolleys £50 ea

About a dozen Thompson coaches (comp, brake comp and brake 3rd) £35 ea

As of 16.00 today at Ian Allen Birmingham-

One wickham trolley left at £50

About 3 Thompson’s left.

New pile of 8 Bachmann 39-579 BR Autotrailer Maroon coaches at £40 each.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

And today's special advent offer is........ £109.50 :scratchhead:

• RMweb Premium

Not a specific bargain per se, but Danish retail chain "Tiger" sell various odds & ends that could be useful for modelling such as wooden shapes, coloured clays, paints etc.

All are by today's standards quite reasonably priced.

It's a bit of an odd-ball shop as it sells artist's material, gifts, stationery, toys, food snacks and other stuff beside!

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Not a specific bargain per se, but Danish retail chain "Tiger" sell various odds & ends that could be useful for modelling such as wooden shapes, coloured clays, paints etc.

All are by today's standards quite reasonably priced.

It's a bit of an odd-ball shop as it sells artist's material, gifts, stationery, toys, food snacks and other stuff beside!

Keith

It's a sort of baby Ikea, complete with the need to slalom through the entire shop to get to the exit.

Rails tomorrow Hornby 50.026 Indomitable.  Today it's £99.50.

Thats not good, I am waiting for my credit card bill and it isnt going to be pretty but I really really need a couple of these to renumber, I have managed to resist up to now but oh dear.

I was a bit annoyed about missing the sshh kernow sshh offer with a couple of coaches but wasnt in a position to buy at the time.