Bargain Hunters Mark 2

today's olivias offer looks like 25% off type 5s and class 76s EM1s among other coaches. must be one of the cheaper offers on Class 76s I've seen if anyone wants one

Just searched Olivias site & cant find anywhere that Class 76 are on special

Where should I be looking or am I too late

John

Edit

Just checked some previous posts, looks like I have to be an email newsletter subscribers.

Edited by John ks

• RMweb Premium

And the Advent Calendar price is?

Drum roll £99.50, a massive saving of nada, although £99.50 is still a good price.

Speaking as someone who used to buy quite a few bargain Class 50's some years ago, that is not in my opinion a bargain, £75 or less for what is a in stock for quite some time now item would be nearer the mark IMHO.

• Like 1

Speaking as someone who used to buy quite a few bargain Class 50's some years ago, that is not in my opinion a bargain, £75 or less for what is a in stock for quite some time now item would be nearer the mark IMHO.

Whilst I see your point, the RRP on these now north of £170! The days of picking up even second hand examples for under £80 are long gone I’m afraid. At least they got the livery correct on this one!

• RMweb Gold

Rails, it's the Bachmann Railway Children train pack and station building for £89 today with a Hornby Caledonian Sleeper Class 67 coming up tomorrow.

the 67 is a great price for stripping the sound chip out of to fit in my 2nd colas 67 and use the loco as a basis for respraying into pullman livery, think i may indulge when it goes live on tuesday,

the NSE 50 is still showing at £99 if you search for it, may well flog a couple of unused locos from my stock box and get that too to renumber to 50017 if it stays that price until tuesday

the 67 is a great price for stripping the sound chip out of to fit in my 2nd colas 67 and use the loco as a basis for respraying into pullman livery, think i may indulge when it goes live on tuesday,

the NSE 50 is still showing at £99 if you search for it, may well flog a couple of unused locos from my stock box and get that too to renumber to 50017 if it stays that price until tuesday

Hornby BO-BO CLASS 67 'CAIRN GORM' '67004' CALEDONIAN SLEEPER WITH TTS SOUND - OO GAUGE IS £89.50 TODAY

https://railsofsheffield.com/Hornby-bo-bo-class-67-cairn-gorm-67004-caledonian-sleeper-with-tts-sound-JJJA29912

Going by the Railway Children’s set and the class 50 the price might not change. They did knock a £10 off the Bachmann class 20 and that’s gone back up to £69.50

Edited by andymac-2008

Last standard Blue 71 in Kernow @£80 - last chance to buy

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/43587/OO71-004-WSL-DJ-Models-Class-71-Electric-Locomotive-71-013 

And its gone.

Sawyers have a few left at £108 (4 blue & 1 green FYE)

http://sawyermodels.co.uk/?product_cat=diesel-electric-locos-dmu-oo-gauge £108

Hattons have a larger stock of standard releases at  £109 (> 20 blue and 4 green FYE), Golden Arrow models aren't reduced.

http://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklist/3094212/1000588/1000672/0/DJ_Models_Dave_Jones_OO_Gauge_1_76_Scale_Electric_locos/prodlist.aspx  

Edited by woodenhead

Model Railways Direct

https://www.modelrailwaysdirect.co.uk/train-sets/Hornby-r1185-santas-express-christmas-train-set/?utm_source=Model+Railways+Direct+Newsletter&utm_campaign=21f4b212e9-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_12_11&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_89417adfa7-21f4b212e9-220905293

R1185 Santa's Express Train Set

The perfect addition to any Christmas Tree. this unique set includes Santa's very own steam engine, a wagon full of presents and a closed van in which he keeps his reindeer. The spritely little engine, with its colourful seasonal livery, is more than capable of pulling such an important train around the base of your Christmas tree, delivering seasonal cheer on the oval of track included in this set.

Contents

- 0-4-0 Locomotive

- Open 7 Plank Wagon

- LWB Box Van

- Train Controller

- 8 x Double Curve 1st Radius Track

- Power Clip

- Hornby Owner's Manual

Yours for only £40

Normally £45, this festive set can be yours for only £40 including UK postage when you use your exclusive WebStore Coupon code XMAS2017 at checkout, or call us on 01275 774224 Tuesday to Saturday 10am to 5pm.

Stocks are very limited and discount only applies to in stock items.

Edited by andymac-2008

• RMweb Premium

As mentioned a couple of days ago.

Tuesday's deal is a Hornby Caledonian TTS 67

https://railsofsheffield.com/advent-calendar

Ideal for repainting into Pullman colours..................

Even if you don't want the TTS sound, you can sell that on for £25 and you have a 67 for £65!

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Rails tomorrow have Railroad 9F Evening Star. Curr £84.50 so presumably tomorrow will be £84.50

...and it's your's for, you guessed it, £84.50.

Sometimes so called bargains are not all that they appear.....

• RMweb Gold

...and it's your's for, you guessed it, £84.50.

Sometimes so called bargains are not all that they appear.....

Indeed, I think Rails need to be very careful that they are not falling foul of advertising regulations. To claim a price is for 24 hours only when it has been there both before and after the day may be crossing a line...

Sawyer models offers today are Piko stock and track: http://sawyermodels.co.uk/?product_cat=advent-calendar

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge

Indeed, I think Rails need to be very careful that they are not falling foul of advertising regulations. To claim a price is for 24 hours only when it has been there both before and after the day may be crossing a line...

50026 is now £109 so is more expensive than the previous special price.

Similar to the Santa Special set mentioned above, some of our local ASDA branches have had the Hornby Western Freight Hauler set on offer at £40 (reduced from £60).  The ASDA direct site shows it as  out of stock, and our nearest branch had sold out yesterday evening, having had four on display for the last week. Haven't yet convinced myself it is such a bargain, since the items don't really fit in with the planned (currently only virtual) layout.

• RMweb Premium

Similar to the Santa Special set mentioned above, some of our local ASDA branches have had the Hornby Western Freight Hauler set on offer at £40 (reduced from £60).  The ASDA direct site shows it as  out of stock, and our nearest branch had sold out yesterday evening, having had four on display for the last week. Haven't yet convinced myself it is such a bargain, since the items don't really fit in with the planned (currently only virtual) layout.

As always, it's only a bargain if you need it!  :scratchhead: