Bargain Hunters Mark 2

If you fancy a Shilhouette Portrait cutting machine, Yolo ( http://www.yolo.co.uk/ ) are having one of their periodic 12% off sales, ending 12pm Wednesday 4th October.  Their prices are shown plus vat, so the cost of a Portrait works out at about £128, inc VAT and delivery, a it cheaper than the normal going rate of about £148 elsewhere!

btw - its not mentioned anywhere, but the discount will be applied at the point of sale.

Edit - Link fixed.  It ran into the closing bracket and confused the forum!

Edited by Hroth

• RMweb Premium

If you fancy a Shilhouette Portrait cutting machine, Yolo ( http://www.yolo.co.uk ) are having one of their periodic 12% off sales, ending 12pm Wednesday 4th October.  Their prices are shown plus vat, so the cost of a Portrait works out at about £128, inc VAT and delivery, a it cheaper than the normal going rate of about £148 elsewhere!

btw - its not mentioned anywhere, but the discount will be applied at the point of sale.

I think that link is dud all I get is a link to post #126! (http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/125236-bargain-hunters-mark-2/page-6)

Cheers

Keith

Edited by melmerby

Just having a trawl through the Hattons website and it appears that they have some Bachmann class 416 2EPB's in the plain BR Blue livery at a bargain price of £72 instead of £124.95

Cheers 

Colin 

I've noticed that too but thought it might be a mistake as a few items have come and gone in error in the past couple of weeks.  But it is a bargain considering they are £114 more now new.

Do I need any more than the one I have, resist resist.

They are showing as top sellers this week so perhaps it isn't a stocking error.

Edited by woodenhead

Hello All

LIDL supermarket from on Sunday 15th October are selling a Digital Soldering Station, including 48watt Iron with 3 interchangeable tips, and stand/sponge. It might even include a reel of solder.

It has three preset temps of 200, 300 and 400 degC, and is variable from 200 to 450degC.

Not as low a temperature as some expensive models which go down to white metal temperatures, but this is priced at only £17.99.

See below link:

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-Offers.htm?articleId=6988

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Shapeways free shipping code

SHOPSHIPOCT17

apply at checkout - worked for me

Didn't work for me but the BRM code for 15% off listed in the 3D Printing section of the forum did.

BRMXSW15

• RMweb Premium

Rails have Hornby pink DB Class 66 for £59.50 with free postage - don't think we've had it this low before?

https://railsofsheffield.com/co-co-diesel-dp-world-london-gateway-66185-class-66-locomotive-JJJA30007

If I needed one, that's a reasonable price - the Centro 150 at £89.50 is tempting too, as well as the Railtrack MPV at £59.50.  Problem is when you add them together...

Not sure if this is the correct place to have a purchase related moan, but ordered 6-off in stock items from Hattons on 6th Oct and paid for postage etc, and now 6 days later they are still faffing around trying to pull parts off pallets because they are in chaos due to new system and have a major backlog.........in the interim ordered and recd other items from Rails and Trakshak ( within 24hrs from Isle of Man), so clearly other outlets have their act together..........

• RMweb Gold

Not sure if this is the correct place to have a purchase related moan, but ordered 6-off in stock items from Hattons on 6th Oct and paid for postage etc, and now 6 days later they are still faffing around trying to pull parts off pallets because they are in chaos due to new system and have a major backlog.........in the interim ordered and recd other items from Rails and Trakshak ( within 24hrs from Isle of Man), so clearly other outlets have their act together..........

It isn't really related to bargains! However Hattons have made no bones about the fact that a recent stock check has caused them some disruption.

Hello All

LIDL supermarket from on Sunday 15th October are selling a Digital Soldering Station, including 48watt Iron with 3 interchangeable tips, and stand/sponge. It might even include a reel of solder.

It has three preset temps of 200, 300 and 400 degC, and is variable from 200 to 450degC.

Not as low a temperature as some expensive models which go down to white metal temperatures, but this is priced at only £17.99.

See below link:

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-Offers.htm?articleId=6988

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

I bought one of those last time they were in store.  Unfortunately it failed the second time I tried to use it, so it had to go back for a refund.  That's one of the slight gotchas with buying stuff like that from Lidl: they only have limited stocks so there's a fair chance that they won't be able to provide a replacement if the item does fail after more than about a month or so.  That said, I've had perfectly acceptable service from other bits of DIY kit bought from both Lidl and Aldi - you'd have to prise my Workzone Li-ion multi-tool out of my cold, dead hands!

I ended up buying an iron from Maplin that was recommended on RMWeb (possibly on the old Bargain Hunters thread) that goes down to 150º.  Significantly more expensive but it does have that extra capability.

Update: it was this one.

Edited by ejstubbs

I bought one of those last time they were in store. Unfortunately it failed the second time I tried to use it. I ended up buying an iron from Maplin that was recommended on RMWeb (possibly on the old Bargain Hunters thread) that goes down to 150º. Significantly more expensive but it does have that extra capability.

Update: it was this one.

All the Aldi items tend to come with a 3-5 year warranty.

They have a lot of tools in atm which some might find useful.

• RMweb Premium

Some Bachmann steam locos on discount at Ian Allan Birmingham

Several of each.

31-169 L&Y 2-4-2T BR lined black early emblem £88.95 now £65

31-783 Modified Hall BR lined black emblem £112.50 now £80

31-931 Compound LMS Black £110 now £80 (only 1 left)

32-880 Fairburn Tank LMS black weathered £104 now £75

32-881 Fairburn Tank BR Lined Black early emblem weathered £110.95 now £80

Keith

• RMweb Premium

All the Aldi items tend to come with a 3-5 year warranty.

They have a lot of tools in atm which some might find useful.

They are a good company to deal with

I bought one of the battery operated multi-tools and decided an extra battery would be useful.

Contacted them, no problem, paid for it and the second battery was with me in a couple of days.

Excellent service.

Useful tool at a good price if they pop up in store again.

keith

It isn't really related to bargains! However Hattons have made no bones about the fact that a recent stock check has caused them some disruption.

m

Fair comment - just needed a rant as I only placed the order with them because all the items were in-stock and now this weekend's scheduled modelling activities are a non-starter........however like most, I am sure I can always find other things to do on my layout.

I've noticed that too but thought it might be a mistake as a few items have come and gone in error in the past couple of weeks.  But it is a bargain considering they are £114 more now new.

Do I need any more than the one I have, resist resist.

They are showing as top sellers this week so perhaps it isn't a stocking error.

The EPBs have dissappeared - there were 8 earlier so either they've all been snapped up or they were a stocking error - either way good - I was getting tempted.

And none left by 8:25pm, thank you for pointing that out!  :senile:   :jester:

Apologies for quoting myself but all 7 arrived the other day and the 'weathering' isnt as bad as I was expecting and just needs a little bit of fettling to make it look quite reasonable.