Kent Garden Railways

Sand-Modeler

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

A big thumbs up from me to KGR as I placed an order last Friday for a well searched for Bachmann wagon that was actually in stock. A good source of hard to find older stock of Bachmann.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Great service from KGR.  Ordered a Walthers SD70 Monday PM, landed FedEx Tuesday AM.  Well packed and certainly fantastic service by shop and courier in current climate and I will definitely be back to buy more. 

Cheers

Edited by GEOEng03
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 6 months later...

Has anyone had any luck contacting KGR recently? Since the website failed the Facebook page advertises a number for use 10-4 Mon-Fri but it goes to answerphone and the mailbox is full. Certainly from visiting the shop when it was still open they have a huge and varied stock so it would be great to be able to still buy from them

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, andyman7 said:

Has anyone had any luck contacting KGR recently? Since the website failed the Facebook page advertises a number for use 10-4 Mon-Fri but it goes to answerphone and the mailbox is full. Certainly from visiting the shop when it was still open they have a huge and varied stock so it would be great to be able to still buy from them

I used to visit the shop all the time.  Found myself in the vicinity at the weekend and decided to pay a visit, only to find the shop closed and a sign indicating they only operate online and via mail order.  :(

Can't help with contacting them, but the shop was a bit of an Aladdin's cave with lots of hard to find stuff.  Pity.

Steve

• Agree 2

Technical problems at KGR.  The website flew off to Norway, so is permanently deceased.  Andy has commissioned a new one.   The answerphone is locked so doesn't record messages.  Andy will answer the phone if he hears it but he may be in the store room.

Bill

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 17/08/2021 at 11:50, andyman7 said:

Andy has been a bit unwell this week so has not been in the shop. He may be back tomorrow (Thursday).

Please persevere, he has definitely not closed down.

All the best

Ray

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update.

I visited Andy yesterday. He is still in operation, but unfortunately his website is down as the database has corrupted.

He is currently building a new website, but it is a slow process for a one man band.

If there is anything that you need, please do contact him by telephone. He is normally in the shop after around 10.00 in the morning on weekdays, but not on Saturdays.

Hope that this helps.

All the best

Ray

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 02/09/2021 at 10:14, wainwright1 said:

Just a quick update.

I visited Andy yesterday. He is still in operation, but unfortunately his website is down as the database has corrupted.

He is currently building a new website, but it is a slow process for a one man band.

If there is anything that you need, please do contact him by telephone. He is normally in the shop after around 10.00 in the morning on weekdays, but not on Saturdays.

Hope that this helps.

All the best

Ray

Just spotted this:

Screenshot_20210923-205123.png.15a8052ab6a99f1c037f8f8031373f02.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27/11/2021 at 16:56, MikeTrice said:

A sign on the door of the shop tells us that the shop is now closed and business will only be done via exhibitions, the internet and telephone orders. Shame.

Still good service. He will be at the Woolwich Show at Shooters Hill this weekend.

All the best

Ray

• 7 months later...

Another thumbs up for these guys. Actually this thread was reassuring for me as I’m suspicious when I see items for sale in multiple quantities that are sold out elsewhere, but true to their word KGR had the items as advertised and sent them promptly. Great stuff!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...