“Highland Sulzers” - Inverness TMD in the 80's - P4

Indomitable026

Does anybody know what this contraption is? (the thing on the right - not the class 47)

TPS?

Does it deal with 'spent' oil?

TPS I believe stands for Tilted Plate Seperator, a device developed by Derby RTC in the 1970s for the removal of oil from waste water emanating from the depot. They were fabricated from plate steel and wire mesh. They were generally placed on the outfall from the depot. Another example can be seen from the observation deck of the NRM in York.

Brian

Edited by BrianCook
  • Like 1

TPS I believe stands for Tilted Plate Seperator, a device developed by Derby RTC in the 1970s for the removal of oil from waste water emanating from the depot. They were fabricated from plate steel and wire mesh. They were generally placed on the outfall from the depot. Another example can be seen from the observation deck of the NRM in York.

Brian

Brian,

thank you so much for your considered response on this, it's most appreciated.

cheers.

Now I'm gluing the other half of the 'L' shape together, I've also added the hinges.

post-8734-0-83766100-1511698800_thumb.jpg

post-8734-0-10475600-1511698803_thumb.jpg

I don't think its going to matter but both uprights on this latest piece are slightly banana shape, you can see they pull in towards the centre by a couple of mm. Annoying as I wanted a third hinge in the middle and it doesn't look great.

• RMweb Gold

I don't think its going to matter but both uprights on this latest piece are slightly banana shape

Now we know the “missing” line from the film script, preceding this:

“And that, My Lord, is how we know the world to be banana shaped.”

Thanks for that: a puzzle of many decades standing is resolved, courtesy of the magic of RMWeb...

Edited by Regularity

Now we know the “missing” line from the film script, preceding this:“And that, My Lord, is how we know the world to be banana shaped.”

Thanks for that: a puzzle of many decades standing is resolved, courtesy of the magic of RMWeb...

The problem is only half my world is banana shape.

If it was all banana shape that would be much better, well consistent at least...

• RMweb Gold

Bonus: when the layout is not in use and the weather is wet, you can use them to dry clothes.

Watching clothes dry is slightly more exciting than watching paint dry: usually a bit quicker.