“Highland Sulzers” - Inverness TMD in the 80's - P4

Indomitable026

I have painted the underside of my boards white, so that it does not absorb light.  Helpful if you ever find you have to do something upside down at an exhibition - which seems to happen to me from time to time!

From previous experience Grey is his favourite colour, changing to white would be a major change and require a debate

From previous experience Grey is his favourite colour, changing to white would be a major change and require a debate

Yep.

My favourite song is; Bruce Hornsby - Fields of Gray...

(I painted the BCB boards a mushroom colour...)

(and the boards I built for the SRC project were white - what became white acres...)

Other than that all grey.

Apart from the boards for 'Diesels in the Duchy' they were a mushroom colour.

And the boards for Old Gringo's 'Once upon a time in the west', well, they were a sand colour..

I've had a major sort out this morning, which has involved taking the 'Bratton Flemming' boards out of the railway room. This leaves just the main boards for 'Diesels in the Duchy' up against the wall and the new build Highland Sulzers, a lot more workable, meaning I can now get all the way around it!

post-8734-0-86688500-1511612097_thumb.jpg

post-8734-0-00207600-1511612100_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The main board for Highland Sulzers has spent the week in the garage drying from its recent paint. On it's way back up in to the railway room I thought it would be prudent to check for fit in the truck.

post-8734-0-98557800-1511612587_thumb.jpg

post-8734-0-37586100-1511612590_thumb.jpg

For the first time ever it looks like I have a layout that I can take to a show in just my own vehicle!

(although its not all built yet...)

• Like 3