“Highland Sulzers” - Inverness TMD in the 80's - P4

Indomitable026

10 minutes ago, Indomitable026 said:

Further info here...

This is confusing as the picture @Mark Forrest is of a 25/2 and the announcement is saying it's a 25/1 ? I may be missing something here as I'm not fully clued up on 25's as most of them were gone by the time I had any interest in railways

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

This is confusing as the picture @Mark Forrest is of a 25/2 and the announcement is saying it's a 25/1 ? I may be missing something here as I'm not fully clued up on 25's as most of them were gone by the time I had any interest in railways

Fair point, in my defense,  in my excitement I just grabbed a link to a photo of an early body 25 at Inverness.

Differences between 25/1 and 25/2 are largely in the electrical equipment, the potential for confusion comes from the fact that 25/2s were built in both the early and later style bodyshells.  It's common for modellers to refer to early body as 25/1 and late as 25/3, but that overlooks the most numerous subclass which was a mixture of both body types.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 minute ago, Mark Forrest said:

Fair point, in my defense,  in my excitement I just grabbed a link to a photo of an early body 25 at Inverness.

Differences between 25/1 and 25/2 are largely in the electrical equipment, the potential for confusion comes from the fact that 25/2s were built in both the early and later style bodyshells.  It's common for modellers to refer to early body as 25/1 and late as 25/3, but that overlooks the most numerous subclass which was a mixture of both body types.

Yeah , what confused me most is wikipedia basically says the 25/2 had the 3 large windows so if this is a 25/1 then I may as well just hand my card to Phil@SLW :rofl:

6 hours ago, sulzer71 said:

@Indomitable026 if you are fancying a 25 to go with your 24 around the same time it was at Inverness 25062/64/68 were based there , either of those should be doable from the new 25/1 announcement from SLW

6 hours ago, sulzer71 said:

25030/031 were also based @ Inverness in 1976

Thanks for taking the time to provide the info.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

Flat front, bit confused by the windows. 3 or 2.5??

Strange, you’re not normally short of suggestions on this topic - I’m worried about you petal. 

Can I suggest a weekend of watching diesels on YouTube and then you can come back to us with some fresh nonsense - sorry - ideas...

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Indomitable026 said:

Strange, you’re not normally short of suggestions on this topic - I’m worried about you petal. 

Can I suggest a weekend of watching diesels on YouTube and then you can come back to us with some fresh nonsense - sorry - ideas...

Right, having done the instructed thinking, I'm going to settle on Flat front, 3 windows. 

Having reached that landmark decision I'm off into the garden to dig a big hole.

• Funny 1

52 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

Right, having done the instructed thinking, I'm going to settle on Flat front, 3 windows. 

Having reached that landmark decision I'm off into the garden to dig a big hole.

Let me know if you need someone to look in to the hole with you - I’m able to point and all sorts...

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

Right, I better get on and do something...

First job is drilling holes in the point actuating bar which goes under the board within the tortoise mounting base.

Im using the calliper to get the spacing correct from the previous switch blade measurement I took.

97AA0861-D51C-4D9D-BC08-2DF7BBADCBE1.jpeg.0c626553199b61e8eb532cd0f70cd9a5.jpeg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
On 27/03/2021 at 12:32, Indomitable026 said:

Let me know if you need someone to look in to the hole with you - I’m able to point and all sorts...

Can you look into it for me?

IMG_20210402_183920_1.jpg.68b4cff257a9f91ea30deef944f3cc38.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Indomitable026 said:

Right, I better get on and do something...

First job is drilling holes in the point actuating bar which goes under the board within the tortoise mounting base.

Im using the calliper to get the spacing correct from the previous switch blade measurement I took.

97AA0861-D51C-4D9D-BC08-2DF7BBADCBE1.jpeg.0c626553199b61e8eb532cd0f70cd9a5.jpeg

I'm not sure which is the worst bit of abuse there, medical, fiscal, technical, mechanical, so many options!

Mike.

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

I'm not sure which is the worst bit of abuse there, medical, fiscal, technical, mechanical, so many options!

Mike.

We have a long history of tool abuse. Or, to put it another way, maximising use of available tools.

• Like 1