BRM September 2017

SteveCole

• Administrators

Hi all, 

The September issue of BRM is now available to download as a Digital Edition. The print version goes on-sale on Thursday, August 17.

Below is a list of what you'll find in this month's magazine and on your FREE DVD!

Enjoy.

Steve

post-14186-0-54920800-1502708687.jpg

ON THIS MONTH’S DVD

See Lomond Street layout in action

How to solder and keep wiring tidy

Bring your lineside areas to life

LAYOUTS

Malham (OO) – a picturesque smi-fictional Yorkshire Dales scene

Llawryglyn (EM) – a scenic tribute to Camrbian railways, set shortly before the outbreak of WW1

Lomond Street (OO) – Nick Skelton’s latest layout takes a trip back to Scotland, although in more recent times to its predecessor ‘Rumbling Bridge’

Mayfield Central (OO) – a cutting-edge computer controlled layout set in the North West

Melton Mowbray ‘North’ (N) – a 22ft N gauge tribute to the owners’ home town

PRACTICAL

Getting started with airbrushing

How to fit a DCC sound decoder

How to simplify wiring with DCC

Comparing two different wagon kits for a BR Shocvan

PRODUCTS

Trade News

New Gear

Review: Bachmann Class 450 Desiro EMU

Review: Oxford Rail 50T ‘Warwell’

PLUS…

The joy of small shows

BRM meets…Digitrains

Prototype Inspiration: Class 450 EMUs

Meet the modeller: Paul Rolley

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Arrived in the post the other day. Really like this issue, especially the longer articles like the ones about Paul Rolley and Digitrains. Haven't read the layout bits yet but Lomond looks really good.

However............for some reason the typesetting has gone to pot. Normally magazines have the type offset by about 8-9mm from the centre of the pages. This months mag it is only about 5mm and it makes reading the print copy problematic as you have to pull the mag apart and flatten the pages to read it comfortably, or keep twisting your head to see all the text. Hopefully this is just a one off printing problem but spoilt the reading and was very noticeable as soon as I started reading. So much so I got the ruler out to compare with last month's BRM and Model Rail! Both were the usual 8-9mm so that even with the natural curve from the spine all the text is visible. Hopefully it will be sorted for next month.

• RMweb Gold

Got this in the post yesterday (earlier than normal, so a pleasant surprise!), and my lad wanted to know what layout had the Blue Pullman on? There didnt seem to be a caption for the cover pic? 

my lad wanted to know what layout had the Blue Pullman on? There didnt seem to be a caption for the cover pic? 

The BP is on John Spence and Steve Weston's 'Melton Mowbray North' which is in the mag - they came up with a tenuous justification for one!

• RMweb Gold

99p at Tibshelf services on the M1 but meant I didn't buy it in my local model shop (don't worry - I bought 2 other mags I don't usually buy to make up). Of course if Hornby or Bachmann started flogging their stuff at 75% discount in WHS there would be righteous indignation about them undermining the model trade but presumably this doesn't apply to the model press .....