Hull Model Railway Show November 11th & 12th

peterl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I shall be exhibiting my layout "Meopham East Junction" for the last time at this venue. After three and a half years, 26 shows in three different countries, those being the UK, France and Germany (twice), travelling some 11,000 miles, and a major heart operation, it's time to call it a day.

The layout will be up for sale at the close of the show, with some of the rolling stock. 

Edited by Judge Dread

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Always one of the best kept secrets on the show circuit. The Hull club put on a smashing show but the attendance's just don't seem to be in keeping with the quality of the show. Perhaps having a big chunk of water in your natural catchment area doesn't help.

On show this time will be Geoff Kent's "Black Lion Crossing" which is worth the admission price alone.

Anybody looking for something to do this weekend could do much worse than sort a trip to Hull out.

Always one of the best kept secrets on the show circuit.

It might not be such a secret if it was listed in Railway Modeller's diary section, which it is not. I attend exhibitions and toyfairs most weekends, and this is my (and I presume others) bible. I will be attending, but only because someone mentioned it at last weekend's Barnsley show. I didn't know it was on 'till then.

It might not be such a secret if it was listed in Railway Modeller's diary section, which it is not. I attend exhibitions and toyfairs most weekends, and this is my (and I presume others) bible. I will be attending, but only because someone mentioned it at last weekend's Barnsley show. I didn't know it was on 'till then.

We don't know why it wasn't, as the information was sent to RM in good time. However, it did appear on p985 in a Late Show Entries section, along with a preview opposite on p984. There was also a quarter page advert on p57a.

Last night's mania of trying to sort everything out at the clubrooms is over - phew!

All  :O  we have to do now is get all the gear moved to the Show venue and set up :scared:

All we have to do !!!!

And we're setting off already.

Really looking for ward to the debut of Ladyvross, Hull MRS's first ever Southern Region steam layout. I do hope it behaves itself.

Worth remembering that it is always on Armistice Weekend. Make a note of the date for next year - 10th & 11th November 2018. Also keep an eye on our website as the details are posted on that. Also remember that we have a SUMMER SHOW in June each year. Saturday 16th June 2018 next year.

Peter

• RMweb Premium

Now, this year I am really really going to attempt to get there. However, I do have a Physio appt at 10a.m. Saturday morning in sunny Bently and sometimes I need an ambulance/a crane just to get me out of the  clinic after the 'treatment' :sarcastichand: so do not hold yer breath. I'm coming to see the lady cross.

His Duckness of 36E.

Edited by Mallard60022

Well most of the Show is up and running. The odd trader expected first thing in the morning. While there are road signs to the Show from the major routes I have noticed that the sign that is normally at the end of the approach road from the Humber Bridge is missing. We are trying to get it put up.

So if you are coming from the south side of the Humber and crossing the bridge, have your £1.50 ready if you do not have a tag, once you are clear of the toll booths you need to be in the outside right hand lane. Take the 3rd exit off the roundabout towards Hessle, Do NOT follow the signs to Hull! There are signs to the Show once you have joined the A1105. The Costello Stadium is sign posted with a 'brown sign' as well as a yellow Model Railway Show sign,you turn left off the A1105 at those traffic lights and then the stadium is on your right.

Hopefully see you some time over the weekend.

Peter

Edited by peterl
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Well most of the Show is up and running. The odd trader expected first thing in the morning. While there are road signs to the Show from the major routes I have noticed that the sign that is normally at the end of the approach road from the Humber Bridge is missing. We are trying to get it put up.

So if you are coming from the south side of the Humber and crossing the bridge, have your £1.50 ready if you do not have a tag, once you are clear of the toll booths you need to be in the outside right hand lane. Take the 3rd exit off the roundabout towards Hessle, Do NOT follow the signs to Hull! There are signs to the Show once you have joined the A1105. The Costello Stadium is sign posted with a 'brown sign' as well as a yellow Model Railway Show sign,you turn left off the A1105 at those traffic lights and then the stadium is on your right.

Hopefully see you some time over the weekend.

Peter

I went, I did not get lost (from M62), it didn't take long, the weather was beautiful and even the rather bland Humberside flatlands looked good. The Humber itself was glimmering in the autumn sun and all was well with the world. 

A very friendly exhibition where I caught up with some 'old' acquaintances and met a friend. I was unable to prevent myself from purchasing a few essential bits (who can resist Parkside kits?) and was just strong enough to not buy a couple of new style Hornby Collett coaches (why would I need those anyway?)

The cross lady looked very smart. I really liked the left end as one looks at the layout; a curved and super elevated curve atop an embankment and woody area around a tunnel (scenic break). Tidy Station and Yard with good colouring and very neat buildings. Very New Forest I thought, sort of small Brockenhurst. 

Well done the Hull MRC.

Glad I made the effort despite a very painful back following the Physio (should be a very cured back but it doesn't seem to work that way).

The return journey was pleasant and uneventful despite using the M18/A1. Why do some drivers think those roads are Le Mans? I was doing a 'little' over the legal limit and some went past me like I was parked! 

I'd like to have gone straight to the Junction but I need to lie down and rest me back now. :threaten:

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022

My second show of the day and always a good gig but without a doubt the best Hull show I've ever been to, the layout selection this year was exceptional with some superb modelling on show, congratulations to the organising team for bringing this lot together. Well worth the trip for anyone contemplating a visit tomorrow.