Kernow OO gauge YCV Turbot Bogie Ballast Wagon

Paul.Uni

Am I just being blind or have they not said who is producing them for Kernow?

I wonder the same too. I think KMRC own the tooling and probably DJM did it for them.

Would imagine its DJ Models. 

Have e-mailed Dapol to see if they are going to continue with their Turbot (suppose it will depend on how far they are with tooling and the levels of pre-orders, but I am hoping so).  Personally, the Turbot's underframe detail looks 'bulky' to me and after having FTG SPA's from the DJ Stable, not too keen.   

My preference would have been for DJ and Kernow to have focused on getting some of their other projects to fruition.  

Regards,

Agree...

In the OP there is a photo of an EWS YCV with roller bearing axleboxes. Could anyone say whether these were a BR or EWS fitment, please.

Regards

The Bolster Es, which supplied the chassis for these wagons, were built with roller-bearings. By the time they were built (very early 1960s), most new wagons of over 20t capacity were being built with roller-bearings, and older wagons were being retro-fitted.

• Tempfix

I e-mailed Kernow about weathered versions and underframe trussing. They say weathered versions have been considered but are dependent on sales of these ones, and as for the underframe trussing they have assured me that the model has been based on measurements of the real thing and the difference apparent in the model (dutch) and real (EWS) ones is just because of the angle the photograph is taken from.

OK RMWeb? Aaaaaannnndd....GO:

Nah - trusses definitely not correct - the gap between the bottom of the vee-hanger and the bottom truss member is simply far, far, too large - and the vee hanger looks long enough (about twice the distance the VB cylinder hangs down below solebar level - so the truss depth must be too large and the whole underframe looks wrong because of it

And I do WANT to be proved wrong ............. but don't think I am :O

Nah - trusses definitely not correct - the gap between the bottom of the vee-hanger and the bottom truss member is simply far, far, too large - and the vee hanger looks long enough (about twice the distance the VB cylinder hangs down below solebar level - so the truss depth must be too large and the whole underframe looks wrong because of it

And I do WANT to be proved wrong ............. but don't think I am :O

Its definately quite a bit off. Kernow would be better to acowlege the error than try to convince postential customers they are wrong. It's a bit too big for my interests but given the availability of a decent kit in the same scale it would be a none starter for me I'm afraid.

If this isn't the Dapol one and has been produced by someone else then I would urge Dapol to carry on with theirs anyway.

I wonder the same too. I think KMRC own the tooling and probably DJM did it for them.

Agree...

Looking at the Bullied diesels, Kernow are quite capable of doing it themselves. Likewise Hattons just did their own Warwells with snow ploughs to follow soon.

Up front payment is not mandatory, and Kernow do allow you to save up credit to then pay for items.

I have over £1K of items pre-paid and am more than happy as they can all come at once and I won't care.

Roy

Personally I am not prepared to go more than 3 items pre payed at any one time. At the moment I have 1Stirling single, 1 Bullied diesel and 1 class 74 fully pre payed. The Bullied being the last item added. Doubtless when the Bullied comes out soon, it will be time to pre pay 10202.

• RMweb Gold

Personally I am not prepared to go more than 3 items pre payed at any one time. At the moment I have 1Stirling single, 1 Bullied diesel and 1 class 74 fully pre payed. The Bullied being the last item added. Doubtless when the Bullied comes out soon, it will be time to pre pay 10202.

Indeed, my comment was, however, made in the light of another post suggesting pre-payment was needed. There is a benefit in paying up front, but you don't have to do so.

Roy

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Pretty please?

Phil

Sorry just seen the dates but just in case ........................

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/128023-kernow-commission-bogie-bolster-e/?hl=%2Bbolster+%2Bkernow

and the turbot centre truss depth on the model shown so far is definitely too low ..........................

Edited by Southernman46

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've been looking at Kernows website as was wondering about ordering a couple of these. Is it me or does the NEM coupler socket appear to be the wrong height? the coupling appears to have a large crank. It doesn't appear to have been discussed on these pages.