Ford Transit Van - Mk2 - OO Scale

I recently saw a lovely Mk2 Ford Transit model in 1:24 scale by Italeri in a British Gas livery.

That made me think I'd like a nice Mk2 van (possibly white) for my OO layout.

I'm no expert in road vehicle modelling but I'm astonished to see nothing coming up on a google search of the usual sites.

No one seems to make them?? Am I missing something? Is there a rights problem?

[Edit to include scale]

Edited by wirey33

• RMweb Premium

Presume you mean in 00/4mm?

Back in the early 1990s, the Model Bus Company made a modular kit that could be a normal van, semi high roof mid wheelbase and short wheelbase pickup. I have the latter two - this is the best pic I could find of the van. On a bridge of course.......

post-408-0-53687500-1503266032.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Mick, I think your model is the mk3 transit, rather than the mk2 version. It looks like oxford do a 4mm model ofthe mk3 these days.

https://www.scalemodelscenery.co.uk/shop/oxford-diecast-76ft3002-ford-transit-mk3-royal-mail-oo-176-4mm/?v=79cba1185463

Ta - it is a Mk3.

Cheers,

Mick

Guest 40-something

Bachmann used to sell a conflat with a Mk2 SWB minibus on it, think it was by Wiking but to 3.5mm (HO) scale

There was an article on mark 2 Ford transits in rail express a few years ago. Can't remember the issue number I'm afraid.

It was by Jim Smith-Wright as I recall, there is some info on his P4 new street website.