• 4 weeks later...

Hi Frank,

What a special view that is of the banked goods heading Down through Clayton.

I have tried to read your post on Bill's electronics several times, nothing goes in. Not really surprising, given my limited skills are elsewhere.

I have even more information about excursions on the Queensbury lines, courtesy of Mr Woodward and the LNER Society. Just in the period the layout is set too.

Cheers,

John

Edited by John Smart
update
  • 3 months later...

Smashing as usual, Frank.

Be good to see that pair of quints finished (how rude does that sound?!?!)

In all seriousness, the C1 chassis looks very much the part. Got a very soft spot for those, and you're a brave man, because those aren't cheap models. Where is the chassis from?

I've also watched the video of those J7's, really impressive to see them at scale speed working together like that. Keep up the good work, hopefully not too long until you're able to access the layout.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, grob1234 said:

Smashing as usual, Frank.

Be good to see that pair of quints finished (how rude does that sound?!?!)

In all seriousness, the C1 chassis looks very much the part. Got a very soft spot for those, and you're a brave man, because those aren't cheap models. Where is the chassis from?

I've also watched the video of those J7's, really impressive to see them at scale speed working together like that. Keep up the good work, hopefully not too long until you're able to access the layout.

Hi,

thanks for your kind remarks.  

The chassis is something I’ve drawn up myself and had etched by PPD.  I’ve only catered for EM and P4 because of the way the loco chassis is balanced which won’t work in OO.  There wouldn’t be room for the compensation beams and gearbox between the frames in OO.   The loco is compensated but the tender uses CSB.  

I intend to make chassis etches available at cost to anyone wanting one.  They will then need to source  their own brass wire and tube etc to create a complete kit of parts.    

Cheers,

Frank

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, John Smart said:

Plenty of interesting excursion traffic through Clayton as well.

John1729096109_Circular1540ExcursionTraffic20-3to2-4-1932Page28.jpg.c446f250d7c0a5628c4f906ec72bcaf7.jpg

Amazing stuff John.  I particularly like the idea of the pigeon vans but in order for the viewing public to appreciate the variety of traffic passing through Clayton I think we will need to provide some kind of narration for the time table that they can read as they watch the trains go by.

Another job to add to the list.....

Frank

• Like 1