Bachmann Class 45

SouthernBlue80s

28 minutes ago, Downendian said:

Hi Steve,

the 3S15 Temple Meads-Glasgow ? No that was shortly after I packed in spotting. It was rerouted around 1980 to the Newport-Hereford line. Before that it was always a class 25, 31 or ocassionally a split box 37. 40s were very rare in the 1970s, I'd only seen two 40 106 and 118 both on rail tours, but many a rumour of 40 visits, unfortunately during school hours. 

Class 46 spare bodies? I'll have a rummage, but I've got a lot of peak projects planned.

Yes that was the working  - 3S15.

I saw a brace of 20s once on a rail tour Temple Meads.

Anyway if you have something spare - let me know :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Downendian said:

Hi Steve,

the 3S15 Temple Meads-Glasgow ? No that was shortly after I packed in spotting. It was rerouted around 1980 to the Newport-Hereford line. Before that it was always a class 25, 31 or ocassionally a split box 37. 40s were very rare in the 1970s, I'd only seen two 40 106 and 118 both on rail tours, but many a rumour of 40 visits, unfortunately during school hours. 

Class 46 spare bodies? I'll have a rummage, but I've got a lot of peak projects planned.

How about the 60s? From Glawster Oldspot on Flickr....

D326 at Bristol Bath Road MPD_MSS0628_090967

Phil

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, SouthernBlue80s said:

Hello Phil. I hope all is good with you. Cracking picture -  a touch before my time. Personally I think most locos looked better in green I remember seeing them as young kid before I was spotter. I model them in blue as it is what I remember as a young man.

Evening! Life is never boring thats for sure. Hope all is good with you too? feel like I need a distraction from work at the moment so need to get going on the layout. And  we all have our favourite eras I guess.... usually as you say because they are what we experienced. For me Peaks will always be D15 with nose end doors - D163 in Economy green - D4 in Blue ..... happy days! And many of them from Easter 68 onwards were spent on the end of Temple Meads platform.....

Cheers

Phil

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Reading the recent post, I feel very old. Most of the Peaks I saw were green when I started spotting, then some without lining and in plain blue with small yellas and what seemed like over night they were all blue with yellow noses. Flush front happened when I was in my beer, rock and roll and being rejected by women phase of life so hold no interest to me. Mind you I do like what Neil has done.  Come on guys a bit of model making not speculating on what Bachmann are not going to do.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Guest teacupteacup

I only ever saw 2 peaks, a 46 going through Springburn light engine and one on the GSW mainline through Barrhead, poss a 45.  Both early 80s when I were a lad

15 hours ago, teacupteacup said:

I only ever saw 2 peaks, a 46 going through Springburn light engine and one on the GSW mainline through Barrhead, poss a 45.  Both early 80s when I were a lad

Well.... it looks like I might be sending you a couple of flush front peaks to you for you to spray at some point this year Joe, before I do my weathering thing.

So far I have one body shell, some of those rig rings and obviously filler and the rest of it. So once I have two shells I will attack the front ends.

3 hours ago, Grimleygrid said:

Good morning,

I have a Modelzone Bachmann 45048 that I am selling, if anyone is interested then please send me a pm.

Thought it better to post on RMweb rather than just putting it on eBay.

Thanks

The Peak has been sold.

Thank you to those that got in contact.

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, D1051 said:

Note the nose end doors .This picture was taken just after we had the "horizontal" slats refurbished on 45149.The failing with the Bachmann model is that these doors are NOT replicated on later 45/46 models .Which carry similar class 44  nose end covers.The doors were changed during the refurbishment program .To allow access to Air brake compressor & traction motor blower. So the flush end debate doesn't end at the front the doors in picture need re-tooling. 

8358926_orig.jpg

So they are, I'd never noticed that detail before.

I did stumble across a photo of 45144 being scrapped where those door catches look like they're missing - Would they have been taken or knocked off at some point or why would they be missing here? I presume from the headlight that it would have been refurbished

45144 being cut Vic berry

On 26/04/2019 at 12:43, GordonC said:

So they are, I'd never noticed that detail before.

I did stumble across a photo of 45144 being scrapped where those door catches look like they're missing - Would they have been taken or knocked off at some point or why would they be missing here? I presume from the headlight that it would have been refurbished

45144 being cut Vic berry

The nose door is open and the catches are hanging down.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Simon Bendall said:

Bachmann's announced the return of the sealed beam 45/0, five regional exclusives in BR blue, all named

http://news.Bachmann.co.uk/2019/05/Bachmann-launches-the-five-peak-challenge-2/

So when are they doing the split headcode with front doors version D11 to D15? :tomato::tomato::tomato:

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Class-45.0-Sealed-Beam-EP-1.jpg.00de1891d9cae0d98be06127d93d56ce.jpg

I'm glad Bachmann have finally taken this one up - we had actually been investigating commissioning a limited edition of this loco! 

We'll be stocking 45040 Kings Shropshire Light Infantry in Blue, and I'm expecting it to be a big seller! Best get my order in..........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

So when are they doing the split headcode with front doors version D11 to D15? :tomato::tomato::tomato:

And what about the 45/1 and the 46 with sealed beam

How about 44009 with it's headcode at one end.

Come on Bachmann pull your fingers out :jester:

Finally though for what must be a popular choice, interesting that this appears (though is the image of an EP or is it a computer generated thingy?)  just around the time Olivia's hint/give away/get it wrong about a Heljan Peak