Bachmann Class 45

SouthernBlue80s

Depends greatly on whether the Heljan rumour transpires to be a big Sulzer. Even then there is room for a /1, which really would get my wallet open. Mind you, the sealed beam /0 is good to finally see resurface, but I know which way I'd turn if my arm was twisted.

£144 wasn't far off what I nearly paid for bits to buy a MZ body and build a runner, so that plan is now on indefinite hiatus.

Great announcement !! upon release we will be offering pristine and weathered versions of 45022 Lytham St Annes as well as other renumbered and weathered versions!!

I now know why they wouldn't let me commission one of the sealed beam Peaks a couple of years ago!

57 minutes ago, Derails Models said:

Class-45.0-Sealed-Beam-EP-1.jpg.00de1891d9cae0d98be06127d93d56ce.jpg

I'm glad Bachmann have finally taken this one up - we had actually been investigating commissioning a limited edition of this loco! 

We'll be stocking 45040 Kings Shropshire Light Infantry in Blue, and I'm expecting it to be a big seller! Best get my order in..........

They'd have said no - many retailers, myself included, have been asking for at least 8 years

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
55 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

And what about the 45/1 and the 46 with sealed beam

How about 44009 with it's headcode at one end.

Come on Bachmann pull your fingers out :jester:

Finally though for what must be a popular choice, interesting that this appears (though is the image of an EP or is it a computer generated thingy?)  just around the time Olivia's hint/give away/get it wrong about a Heljan Peak 

There were others with differing headcodes, I am sure they are listed somewhere on this forum. From my spotting days I think D107 was split one end and center panel the other. Now one like that would be nice. :stop:

3 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Not possible with current tooling, even if they used slides for the noses. 44009/10 carried Farr grilles which look very different from the standard type. Brian at Shawplan deds etches of these grilles, and I'm using a set of these to produce my own model of SNOWDON using a nose sawn from a spare 45 body.

All 46s and quite a number of 45s carried the trapezoid shaped grille on the lower body side. 45022 and 45041 were two of the latter, so they seem to have made an error choosing those particular machines. 45/1 would also need new tooling. As well as the boiler roof section noted above, the body section where the water filler footsteps had been was re-sheeted instead of the steps being plated over. There are some other errors for a late 45/0, notably the wrong type of nose doors as already discussed, the oiling points on the lower body side which should be covered over, missing body lifting points and (for 45s only) a hinged access panel on one body side.

Still, I've already ordered some.

Kevin

Edited by apollo 079
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

Ooh! Given the last post previous page, we can do away with polls/demands/wishlists and just ply bribes at 'CHARD to randomly proffer aesthetic fondness!

I'm deffo in for 041 RTR, just so happens to be the local offering to boot, handy. 

Just wondering how "exclusive" these are, are they likely to be a definite miss it miss out lest you fancy carpet bagger prices?

C6T. 

3 minutes ago, apollo 079 said:

All 46s and quite a number of 45s carried the trapezoid shaped grille on the lower body side. 45041 was one of the latter, so they seem to have made an error choosing that one.

Kevin

I can't hear you! LA LA LAA LA! 

C6T. 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

And what about the 45/1 and the 46 with sealed beam

Come on Bachmann pull your fingers out :jester:

Finally though for what must be a popular choice, interesting that this appears (though is the image of an EP or is it a computer generated thingy?)  just around the time Olivia's hint/give away/get it wrong about a Heljan Peak 

Hmmmm - lets see come 9am tomorrow ..........

1 minute ago, Classsix T said:

I can't hear you! LA LA LAA LA! 

C6T. 

Craftsman (I think, or maybe A1) used to do an etch to convert the old Mainline 45 to a 46, along with plating for the battery box covers. I have some somewhere...

Or we could speak to Brian.

17 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

Ooh! Given the last post previous page, we can do away with polls/demands/wishlists and just ply bribes at 'CHARD to randomly proffer aesthetic fondness!

LOL - you say that, but the press release had already been out for a while by the time of my earlier post!  I was simply wondering how long it would take for an eagle-eyed person to pick up the news  :P

Brilliant news. Hope they supply them without nameplates fitted as in their latter years, when I saw them, many had lost one or both of their plates (does anybody have a reliable source of info when the plates were removed from each loco?).

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, royaloak said:

Why do some Counties get 2 Peaks, Kent, Surrey and Berkshire for 3 (there are more), yet smaller places such as Wales, Ireland and Scotland only get one?

You can still order from the relevant shops no matter where the location 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, 'CHARD said:

LOL - you say that, but the press release had already been out for a while by the time of my earlier post!  I was simply wondering how long it would take for an eagle-eyed person to pick up the news  :P

The fact you posted minutes before Simon B's post kinda hinted at that mate!

But I still like to think if you swore blind the ex-GER, BR E4 2-4-0 was the sexiest thing on three axles (tender excluded, natch) I might get one ready to run!

Like Buddha, if I rub your tummy, riches will come my way? Let's NOT try that!

C6T. 

Edited by Classsix T
Doh!

3 minutes ago, tinsley-toton said:

Am I missing something obvious here, who are the retailers that will be selling them ?

T-T

Which ever retailer is in the specific area for each loco.