Order now for Christmas 2018! Your very own J15!

leslie10646

Thanks for the heads up Leslie.  Do you know if it will have one of the lined liveries, DCC ready and flywheel drive?  

It's not for me to reply for Roderick, but I am pretty sure the answer is No, No, No - oh dear!

From the page on their website, I assume the loco will be offered in plain black, or plain grey.

Glancing at the book on the J15s which I co-compiled with the late Irwin Pryce (based on the earlier work by Dr Flanagan, Robin Clements and others) - the lined black livery does not appear to have survived the Amalgamation, after which locos were "Grey" (which, of course became BLACK).

As far as I can tell, only No.184 ever carried a version of the G&SWR lined green livery and that in CIE days, when she appears to have been repainted for a meeting of the Institution of Locomotive Engineers which was held in Dublin in 1958. The livery is  well illustrated by the late John Dewing's photo on Page 98 of the book. 

The lined liveries carried by the two preserved 101s were, of course, only for filming purposes, but the RPSI was in no hurry to repaint them black!

Anyway, Goods Engines should be black!!!

Leslie

My SSM (brass stch kit) works fine!.

Glad to hear that, Fletch, I'm afraid mine is still as flat a pack as the day I bought it from SSM twenty years ago - that's the trouble with being a GNR fan - you can bet that my SSM GNR(I) locos have all been built!

Happy running!

It's not for me to reply for Roderick, but I am pretty sure the answer is No, No, No - oh dear!

From the page on their website, I assume the loco will be offered in plain black, or plain grey.

Glancing at the book on the J15s which I co-compiled with the late Irwin Pryce (based on the earlier work by Dr Flanagan, Robin Clements and others) - the lined black livery does not appear to have survived the Amalgamation, after which locos were "Grey" (which, of course became BLACK).

As far as I can tell, only No.184 ever carried a version of the G&SWR lined green livery and that in CIE days, when she appears to have been repainted for a meeting of the Institution of Locomotive Engineers which was held in Dublin in 1958. The livery is  well illustrated by the late John Dewing's photo on Page 98 of the book. 

The lined liveries carried by the two preserved 101s were, of course, only for filming purposes, but the RPSI was in no hurry to repaint them black!

Anyway, Goods Engines should be black!!!

Leslie

Thanks Leslie.  Have just got an email back from ooworks.  Noel

Hi Noel,

Want to share the info you got, please?

Leslie

Hi Leslie

Got a very helpful and prompt email reply.  As you suggested no lining with the grey or black livery, not DCC ready, and no flywheel, however the model is cast metal in construction, has all wheel electrical pickup, is expected 2nd half of 2017 and payment not required until model is available.  

Noel

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Mine arrived today. Beautiful looking locomotive in plain grey with a selection of transfer numbers for the purchaser to apply.

The loco is not DCC ready and would need to be hardwired if a decoder is to be fitted. It has a cordless motor.

A bit of detail appears to be missing from the tender springs.