Farish Class 37 Fault

• RMweb Premium

Hello

I have a modern tooling Farish Class 37 that seems to have died.  I think I have identified the fault but am seeking consensus on my diagnosis!!

Put on the track, nothing happens, no lights, no movement.

Remove bogies and apply power to the brass wiper strips, still nothing and same result again applying the power to the two points where the halves of the chassis feed power to the circuit board.

Apply power directly to the motor brushes and it works.

Am I probably right in suspecting the circuit board has given up the ghost as I can see nothing else obvious to explain it.

TIA!

• RMweb Premium

It's probably the common problem of the PB fingers on the circuit board that carry the power to the motor not making proper contact with the motor tags. Having had this happen myself with several of the newer Farish diesels I now mostly hard wire the connection between the motor tags and circuit board.

Izzy

John,

It might be a failled circuit board, or it could be that one of the 2 brass strips that run from the circuit board to the motor is out of adjustment.

If you remove the circuit board, it's possible to bend them in a small amount so to make a better contact on the motor.

Hope this solves the issue, if not, try farish for a spare, or sometimes they are on ebay.

Gordon